BULKING macros on OFF days?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I took a few weeks off from lifting just to get a break and recover, I am back at it, but going to do a 3 DAY split instead of 4 or 5 (I am a frim believer you grow when resting) so I want more time to GROW!

Anyways, I will be consuming about 4500 cals on workout days W,W,F constisting of 500 carbs, and 300 grams of protein, BUT, what about the OFF days? I know if I am bulking I should probably keep them at maintanence or above, but what should change? Less carbs and replace with fats? Keep it the same? LESS cals? MORE cals?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
whatever is easier for you and how picky you are, you could lower carbs and replace with fats...typically your pre and post nutrition would be different so on my off days i obviously dont have a post shake

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don't do so many mental gymnastics with this stuff. Listen to your body more. It tells you what you need. You'll know if you need to increase/decrease etc. by just that alone. Keep your water high and kill it in the gym. Just eas as clean as possible. You can't EAT perfect but you can train perfect. Remember that

CrazyLegacy

Awards
Just try and keep it about the same. getting into a habit and not changing things up too much will make it easier on you. the results wont be much different either way. your definitely doing it correctly about the split. ITS ALL ABOUT THE DAYS OFF! i do a 2 week split cycle...let me explain..

first 9 days: 4 days on 1 day off, 3 days on 1 day off.
next 8 days:3 days on 2 days off, 2 days on 1 days off.

then start over. always doing my biggest muscle groups immediately before the off days.
i know it sounds crazy, but its MY regimen and work great for ME.
so find you my man and hit it hard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bulking 10
big_pete Bulking 20
u_e_s_i Nutrition / Health 7
Bulking 1
Bulking 20