Favorite weight gainer??? Most bang for your buck?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Was wondering what everybody uses as a weight gainer? I've compared every one I've come across as far as protein/carb content along with ingredients and the price per serving and I can't seem to find one that beats Universal's "Real Gains" and it's become a staple in my supplement stack...what do y'all use???

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I understand the debate on malt but it's in just about everything we eat one way or another..I was just wondering what everybody's fav pre-made shake was

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
strawberry real gains is delicious! ive used cytogainer for awhile until i started making my owm...

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I've considered making my own but with everything priced out it seemed more expensive than a premade one...what does your recipe look like? Cost?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've considered making my own but with everything priced out it seemed more expensive than a premade one...what does your recipe look like? Cost?
2 cups of 2% milk 1 banana 1 packet of oatmeal 1 tbs of natty peanut butter 1 scoop of protein.....it's like 1000 cals not sure the price I mean all those items are pretty cheap and you know what's going into your shake

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
trust me its cheaper....mine is the following
3 scoops whey
40 grams oats
2 tbl natty pb
strawberry island oasis puree

or....
3 scoops whey
plain greek yogurt
real fruit
honey
20 grams oats

or real simple...

whey
milk
strawberry nesquick
olive oil

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
marketed weight gainers are never cost friendly.....most things the average person already has in the kitchen, there no wrong way to make one

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Well I'm def open to making my own it just seems expensive and I go to school n go to work so I'm constantly on the move..I'd have to find one easily transportable

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
If you must get one or cant make your own find one with no or the least amount of Maltodextrin. Needtobuildmuscle just released one and i think its malto free.
Whats wrong with maltodextrin?
I was using it post workout in my shake, i just changed to dextrose. I could see malto/dextrose making you fat if you had it constantly throughout the day. I figure Post workout is good though unless there is an issue im unaware of.

Bartlettboy

Awards
make mine 1 scoop van whey 1 tbl peanut butter 2 raw eggs 1 banana1 cup 2%milk and 7 ice cubesif feeling really crazy 1 cup oatmeal blend and drink.....taste awsespoon

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Real mass Probiotic series looks to have an excellent profile. Extremely expensive though at around $4.24 a serving!. Just make your own, sooooo much cheaper.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Up ur mass 28 bucks for 22 servings I believe

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Up ur mass 28 bucks for 22 servings I believe
Yea I almost tried up your mass but stayed away from it due to it's main protein source coming from soy I believe..I know there's many opinions on this but I mostly avoid soy

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Yea I almost tried up your mass but stayed away from it due to it's main protein source coming from soy I believe..I know there's many opinions on this but I mostly avoid soy
Soy is a good protein ..honestly prob better for ur health long term. Don't buy into those studies saying it raises estrogen buncha BS..

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Soy is a good protein ..honestly prob better for ur health long term. Don't buy into those studies saying it raises estrogen buncha BS..
I def think it's good in certain amounts but I avoid having large qualities in my diet

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Ive used Max's supersize in the past, Found that to be alright.
supersize.jpg

plaemann

Awards
Making your own shakes is the cheapest and the best, because you control what goes in.
You can do this:
Take 3 cups of milk, 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder, 3 tps. of oats, 1 banana, put that all in the blender, then drink. About 1000 calories.
Hope this helped.

ItalianoGuy

Awards
I've been using Quickmass Loaded for months and I love it. Great profile, amazing taste for all 3 flavors, and it's decently priced. 46 bucks for around 22 servings depending how many scoops you use per shake. I realize theirs cheaper gainers out there but I've tried the majority and this is the most bang for your buck.

RHaddad

Awards
Universal- Real gains is defiantly the best I have ever used. Strawberry is delicious too. If yo-u look around online and find a good deal its worth it

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Juice is a great bang for you buck.
Tastes like crap...but you aren't drinking it for the flavor.

JJames

Awards
Amplified MASS XXX cookies and creme flavor is bomb especially when made with milk...

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
blah blah blah make your own, that wasn't the question. I like real gains from universal best.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
commercial weight gainers make you poo like crazy....gomad diet works well and is cheap, Gallon of Milk a Day- 2200 cals extra every day