Advice on weight gain

highandmighty

Awards
Hi. I am 21 years old
Have been lifting weights for 3 years
I am 1.78m tall
My weight increased from 50 to current 57.8kg and plateau.
The optimal weight for my bmi is around 65kg
I am worried that my weight is unhealthy

I do not restrict any food from my diet except for animal fats. I eat late night supper before i sleep. I tried mass gainer to no avail.

I hit the gym thrice a week, doing Tri-set for 3 body parts each wo.

Any advice?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Post your diet and your workout routine.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
your going to have to write out roughly what you eat in a day mate! Because right now at those stats your pretty dam slim, and i would bet your eating no where near enough!

Also your exact program your currently doing as well as goals, do you want to compete in bbing, pling or just be a healthy fit young male?

Answer this and im sure the board will be willing to help as much as you need.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Where's you FOOD? We need to know what you eat!

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Its funny newbies that post always seem to want the quick answer for what there doing wrong, As soon as there asked for the finer details they freak out, Usually cause they no deep down there not eating/training correctly to begin with anyway....

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I dont have to see a meal plan, if your that much underweight you are not eating enough, unless you have a medical problem.

Try eating this every day for a month and see how you go. You will need to have chocolate protein powder (WPC or WPI).

Breakfast
1 cup of plain oats. Add 1 cup of full cream milk, 1 table spoon of Natural penut butter, 1 tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of pure coco and put in the microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then cook for 1 minute again. Let it cool for a minute then add 1.5 scoops of protein and mix.

Meal 2
4 whole eggs + bacon or steak + (veggies of choice). Afterwards eat 50grams of cashews or peanuts

Lunch.
1 whole chicken breast (cut and stirfried).
Condiment for chicken: Salsa (you choose the amount) with 1 teasoon of chilli powder (i like mexican chilli powder)
1 cup of basmati rice

After lunch
2 Scoops of protien in whole milk+1 teaspoon of Olive Oil (in the shake)

Dinner (Simlar to lunch) You could make meatload or somthing
Condiment for chicken: Salsa (you choose the amount) with a teasoon of chilli powder
1 cup of basmati rice
+vegetables of choice (brocoli and capsicum/bellpeppers are good.)

After Dinner- Mix
350-500 grams of diet cottage cheese
1/2 scoop of protien
1 teaspoon of pure coco
1 sachet of stevia
(optional) 1 teaspoon of natural penut butter.

Follow that to the dot and i guarantee you will put on weight. I good investment for you could be Anabolic Cooking (ebook) by Dave Rule. It has Lots of good recipes that can help you put on weight (or loose it) with dedicated plans for each goal. Its Defiantly worth a try and the meals all taste great. Its the best 40 bucks ive ever spent.

murk01

murk01

Awards
I dont have to see a meal plan, if your that much underweight you are not eating enough, unless you have a medical problem.

Try eating this every day for a month and see how you go. You will need to have chocolate protein powder (WPC or WPI).

Breakfast
1 cup of plain oats. Add 1 cup of full cream milk, 1 table spoon of Natural penut butter, 1 tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of pure coco and put in the microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then cook for 1 minute again. Let it cool for a minute then add 1.5 scoops of protein and mix.

Meal 2
4 whole eggs + bacon or steak + (veggies of choice). Afterwards eat 50grams of cashews or peanuts

Lunch.
Condiment for chicken: Salsa (you choose the amount) with 1 teasoon of chilli powder (i like mexican chilli powder)
1 cup of basmati rice

After lunch
2 Scoops of protien in whole milk+1 teaspoon of Olive Oil (in the shake)

Dinner (Simlar to lunch) You could make meatload or somthing
Condiment for chicken: Salsa (you choose the amount) with a teasoon of chilli powder
1 cup of basmati rice
+vegetables of choice (brocoli and capsicum/bellpeppers are good.)

After Dinner- Mix
350-500 grams of diet cottage cheese
1/2 scoop of protien
1 teaspoon of pure coco
1 sachet of stevia
(optional) 1 teaspoon of natural penut butter.

Follow that to the dot and i guarantee you will put on weight. I good investment for you could be Anabolic Cooking (ebook) by Dave Rule. It has Lots of good recipes that can help you put on weight (or loose it) with dedicated plans for each goal. Its Defiantly worth a try and the meals all taste great. Its the best 40 bucks ive ever spent.
good plan, about how many cal is that. what do u yhink about weight gainer right b4 bed? is that over board

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how exactly how many calories that is but At 55 Kilo's i know it will be more enough to make him gain weight. I dont know exactly but:

Breakfast- 700 calories
Meal 2- 900
Lunch 500ish
Meal 4-350
Meal 5 500ish
Meal 6- 500ish

Total about 2950 Calories, or if you dont want so many carbs and less cals just drop the rice off dinner.

What i forgot to add was post workout nutrition. 1-2 scoop of whey + 1 scoop of dextrose.

You could replace any of them with weight gainer if its too much food but meal 6 is supposed to be eaten before bed being cottage cheese. Id add a gainer shake sometime during the day instead if you were to want more calories.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Its purpose is to aid in recovery after a workout, as it is a simple sugar which can be broken down by the body quickly. But yes, it will make your shake sweeter.

MusclestoGo

MusclestoGo

Awards
Its purpose is as a Simple sugar, which will aid in recovery. But yes, it will make your shake sweeter.
Actually there's done research and studies which have disproved the whole simple carb theory, they do not increase protein synth, and mass gains are the same. Your body never needs simple sugars, I was actually corrected on this recently. If you want some sweetness, use honey, it's high in carbs and healthier. As for post workout carbs use faster acting carbs like rice, pasta, quinoa, or whole grain bread about a half hour to 45 mins after your workout. Then again 2-3 hours later.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
you have to commit to eating.....training is actually secondary to hard gainers, and mass gainers dont work. Pump sets dont make you bigger, eating does.