5000+ calories, NO GAIN!? HELP

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ill make this as short as possilbe.

Im 23, 190Lbs, 5-6% Bf, Type 1 Diabetic. Been lifting 4-5 Years.

Anyways, just came off a cycle (test/tren) it shut me down HARD! Its been 3 months since coming off PCT. (still shutdown as of a few weeks ago).

I curently am eating 5k cals a day on lifting days. Generally 5-600 carbs, and 3-400 grams of protien.

Lifting 4 days a week, with 15-20 min walking after, taking Wednesday and Weekends off.

I have been incorporating a cheat day aka like 10K cals on wednesday and CANNOT gain a pound. If anything, I am losing weight.

Any ideas? Overtrained? Or maybe just because im still shut down its making it hard to put on weight? OR do I NEED MORE FOOD? UGH

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
So 4800 cals from protein and carbs that means only around 200 cals from fat? Id like to see a sample day of your diet. And you've been shut down for 3 months and your still at 5%bf?
This^

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have recent bloodwork or are you guessing that you're shutdown? How are your strength and recovery? How much sleep do you get per night?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Yes, why should my bodyfat go up?

Heres a ROUGH picture of my diet.

Meal #1
Oatmeal with PB, and nutella, 2 cups milk, 2 scoops protein

Meal #2
2 bagels, chicken, 3 eggs

Meal #3
Bannana, Yogurt, Homeade Protein Bar

Meal #4
Proetien shake, 2 cups milk, Oatmeal with PB

Meal #5
Some kind of meat, 2 potatoes

Meal #6
Almonds (alot of em) milk, cheese

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Do you have recent bloodwork or are you guessing that you're shutdown? How are your strength and recovery? How much sleep do you get per night?
Sleep about 7 hours, blood work done 6 weeks ago, was shutdown bad. Strenght is stagnant. Recovery, Idk how to judge that? I mean, I feel fine going to the gym.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sleep about 7 hours, blood work done 6 weeks ago, was shutdown bad. Strenght is stagnant. Recovery, Idk how to judge that? I mean, I feel fine going to the gym.
6 weeks is not that recent since you were barely out of PCT. To assess that you're still shutdown, you need bloods from within the past week or so.

Generally, BF% goes up in PCT because your body is not in a prime anabolic state since your test levels are practically nil.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks is not that recent since you were barely out of PCT. To assess that you're still shutdown, you need bloods from within the past week or so.

Generally, BF% goes up in PCT because your body is not in a prime anabolic state since your test levels are practically nil.

I ended PCT in mid Dec. Blood work was actually 4 weeks ago I guess, and my test was basiaclly non existant.

demolition

demolition

Awards

Meal #1

Meal #2

Meal #3

Meal #4

Meal #5

Meal #6
How are you tracking your Macros? the numbers you posted don't really match the meals you posted. I mean its hard to tell because you didnt post amounts but im seeing more carbs and fats than your original numbers.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
How are you tracking your Macros? the numbers you posted don't really match the meals you posted.
Yes, like I said, thats rough. Basiaclly the foods I eat. What do you think looks off? I didnt post how much oats I am eating (alot) and there is usually snacks it there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ended PCT in mid Dec. Blood work was actually 4 weeks ago I guess, and my test was basiaclly non existant.
I'm guessing you used a RC and not HG for you SERM. What was your cycle and subsequent PCT?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing you used a RC and not HG for you SERM. What was your cycle and subsequent PCT?

I did HCG during cycle, then Nolva at 40-40-20-20 also arimidex for the first couple weeks of PCT

demolition

demolition

Awards
Yes, like I said, thats rough. Basiaclly the foods I eat. What do you think looks off? I didnt post how much oats I am eating (alot) and there is usually snacks it there.
Thats why i was just asking how you were tracking them, not knowing the amounts of food you've posted its hard but your fats gotta be higher than 200 cals and same with your carbs. i track mine on an iphone app. im just wondering if your guessing at all these numbers or are you actually tracking them.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Thats why i was just asking how you were tracking them, not knowing the amounts of food you've posted its hard but your fats gotta be higher than 200 cals and same with your carbs. i track mine on an iphone app. im just wondering if your guessing at all these numbers or are you actually tracking them.

Your probably rite about the fats, I def get more fat, I do track, and know how. carbs/pro=4cals fats=9 ect.

My carbs may be lower some days, with more fat. And visa versa. I just make sure I get the 300grams of pro, and 5000cals. Fats and protiens change the most.

demolition

demolition

Awards
Your probably rite about the fats, I def get more fat, I do track, and know how. carbs/pro=4cals fats=9 ect.

My carbs may be lower some days, with more fat. And visa versa. I just make sure I get the 300grams of pro, and 5000cals. Fats and protiens change the most.
The fact is they all will change everyday unless you boil all your food and don't stray from the same foods daily, i was just concerned that you might be guessing at your numbers because alot of guys say their diet is awesome and it ends up being crap, 5000 cals in all reality is a hard number to hit while keeping it somewhat clean. then you say you hit 10,000 cals once a week and i can only imagine what that looks like lol. I eat like **** Saturday nights and have a few beers so im not gunna say anything about that. As bad as you make this sound i would get new bloods as suggested then track every last cal for a week or so just to make sure you are where you need to be as far as your cals. also check your BF once a week, it only takes 10min. you can also cut the cardio for awhile. 5000 should be more than enough your bmr is around 2100.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
The fact is they all will change everyday unless you boil all your food and don't stray from the same foods daily, i was just concerned that you might be guessing at your numbers because alot of guys say their diet is awesome and it ends up being crap, 5000 cals in all reality is a hard number to hit while keeping it somewhat clean. then you say you hit 10,000 cals once a week and i can only imagine what that looks like lol. I eat like **** Saturday nights and have a few beers so im not gunna say anything about that. As bad as you make this sound i would get new bloods as suggested then track every last cal for a week or so just to make sure you are where you need to be as far as your cals. also check your BF once a week, it only takes 10min. you can also cut the cardio for awhile. 5000 should be more than enough your bmr is around 2100.

Yea, I do do cardio (well I walk after lifting 4x weekly) and I wont argue about cals. I promise I eat 5k a day 4500 minimum. Lol, I Just now ate 4 cups of pasta with cheese and a tube (1 pound of 93% beef). I am always hungry. I am thinking it may be diabetes related. Not sure tho.

The food is getting expensive truthfully.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
You a beast if u can put down 10000 calories in one day bro thats absurd lol I struggle trying to get 3000 lol

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
You a beast if u can put down 10000 calories in one day bro thats absurd lol I struggle trying to get 3000 lol
Really? Lol, thats really weird! I mean, I have a huge appetite! I can eat 3k in a sitting and not think twice, yet stay skinny. I bring my lunch to work, and people litterally laugh at me!

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10,000 calories is alot of cake,ice cream and beer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I thought I was eating alot more than I was until I started tracking calories

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I thought I was eating alot more than I was until I started tracking calories
Same here but in my case I was eating more than I thought I was. I have no problem putting on weight, getting lean is challenging for me.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here but in my case I was eating more than I thought I was. I have no problem putting on weight, getting lean is challenging for me.
Yeah I agree eating alot and gaining weight is much easier than dieting down trying to get cut.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

uknowme62

Awards
My fitness pal is an app that really helps me count calories. Idk if they have an app for iPhone. Outside of test shutdown, I really wish I had the problem of eating 5k calories a day and staying at 5% @ 190.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
10k calories in a day? 3k calories in a meal? Unless your diet is nothing like what you posted and you are eating only cheeseburgers and pizza, I'm calling this a horrible horrible troll attempt. Yet, I'm going to bite.

If you are a Type I diabetic hallmark of the disease is being thin. You seem to have several issues that you need to work with your physician about. You may also want to see a dietitian. Diabetes is and will be a huge factor for you for the rest of your life. I would suggest googling "diabetic bodybuilding" and read all you can. If you truly are a type I diabetic i assume you would know this by now since Type I is generally childhood diagnosed.

Secondly, If you ran a full PCT and you haven't started up normal test levels yet, you should extend the PCT. This is also an issue you should see an endocrinologist/ physician for. If you truly have bloodwork to back up your test levels being non existent i find it hard to believe the doc wouldn't see red flags and do something. Also, try adding in some Omega 3's such as fish oil or flax seed.

Thirdly, how do you know your bodyfat is 5%? Are you estimating or have you done caliper tests or bod pod? I also agree it's unlikely with no testosterone you could maintain 5% bodyfat. You should post a picture. There is no single answer that is going to help get you on the right track. You have multiple issues at play. It is also possible you have hit a genetic plateau.

Lastly and on a more positive note. If you are 190 pounds and 5% bodyfat, you are ripped! Find me one person off the street that doesn't wish they had that problem! I'll be waiting...............

demolition

demolition

Awards
nolva is hardly a good enough pct for that cycle, if your still shut down after you get new bloods throw some clomid at yourself also. Axillist has some good points and as i stated earlier check your BF again then track your cals like you've never tracked B4.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with doing a new extended PCT (8+ weeks), and use Clomid

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
I agree with doing a new extended PCT (8+ weeks), and use Clomid
Good call on the 8 week. I think maybe even another PCT cycle of 6 may work gotta listen to your body. To the original poster you should also check out Manbeast's post on PCT. I would post the link but I don't have enough posts quite yet.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Good call on the 8 week. I think maybe even another PCT cycle of 6 may work gotta listen to your body. To the original poster you should also check out Manbeast's post on PCT. I would post the link but I don't have enough posts quite yet.
I am not trolling. My a1c was good. YES, I just had blood work done. Test WAS 240, liver and kidney values were slightly elevated which she (my endo) was conserned with. She wasnt concerned about the low test...YET. She told me absolutly NO supps for another 3 months we will recheck.

And about the 10k cals, on the cheat day is when I do this. And NO, its not clean like most days.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
Your AST and LST's being elevated is perfectly normal after the cycle you have been through. If its the test i think it was, your test should be 300 at minimum. Some Endocrinologists prefer a guys testosterone be low. They believe that it can be a root cause for some illnesses and can contribute to heart disease. If that truly is the case I might look into finding a new Endocrinologist. Keep reading though. The best thing you can do is educate yourself and manage your care!

wildcat90

Awards
Whoah. Those are huge figures. Photos pls. Can't help you cause I'm not at your level. But good luck!

CrazyLegacy

Awards
theres a product called BLACKHOLE you may want to look into. not sure how it would play into the diabetic aspect, but worth checkin into.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
There is no way you can be shutdown, eat 5000+ calories per day, and still have 5-6% body fat. You would gain fat and lose muscle if this were truly the case I feel like either this is trolling or you have no idea how to estimate body fat.

CrazyLegacy

Awards
10000 calories is difficult to do but i did it for 4 months and went from 150lbs to 195lbs then cut back to 182 and was at 7% body fat. i think alot of you find that hard to believe because you arent athletes...your bodybuilders. when your doing an hour and a half of hard cardio/plyometrics and lifting on top of that you burn somewhere around 6k calories in a day. whole milk and peanut butter become a mans best friend.

dayoff

Awards
I'm also a type 1 diabetic. I just wanted to say that , you can eat all you want to. But, if your nor nor matching your insulin intake with your carbohydrate intake all of the excess calories will not be ultilized by your body. How are your blood sugars on average. Better yet would be what is your hemoglobin A1C. This a blood test that tells what your average blood sugars have been for the last three months. A reading of 7 indicates a average blood sugar level of 150, my endo is happy with that number. My most recent was 5.7. I have an insulin pump and it is gr8. Keep on eye on your blood sugar levels so your body can utilize all the food you are consuming. Hope this helps, goodluck

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I'm diabetic as well, I feel your pain, very hard to put on weight and keep it. You came a long way, dont hurt yourself. Get thru a propper pct first and then get that diet in check. You cant eat carbs like the normal folk, I eat a ton of steak and pork on cycle.

willc86

Awards

Meal #1

Meal #2

Meal #3

Meal #4

Meal #5

Meal #6

I could be wrong, but I do not think this is a good diet to get passed low 200s. I am now 205 and I am still gaining weight along with some fat =/
But I seem to eat much more protein quality then this.

my diet compared to yours.... I am not to familiar with diabetes or the diet you have to eat, so sorry if I got this wrong...just trying to help.

meal one

10 eggs
2 WH bread
1 yogurt
1 banana

meal 2

carnivor weight gainer 700 calories

meal 3

2 cups brown rice
1 fillet fish tilapia
veggies
banana
scoops proteins

meal 4
2 sanwhiches WH break either tuna or turkey ham
1 yogurt
1 fruit

meal 5
moms meal lol =)
2 cup white rice
steak/chicken/fish/beef (moderate amount)

meal 6
carnivor weight gainer 700 calories

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
simple...go back on, problem solved. surprised your bodyfat is still that low, but hitting those calorie amounts each day and having nothing happen is doubtful

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
simple...go back on, problem solved. surprised your bodyfat is still that low, but hitting those calorie amounts each day and having nothing happen is doubtful
Getting blood work done soon, then I may.

burlyman

burlyman

Awards
When I was young and trying to gain mass by eating clean, I was eating 6k-7k calories a day. It's tough to do with chicken breasts, lean meat, rice, oats, etc. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go back 28 years and tell myself to eat a lot more fat. It makes getting the amount of calories you need much easier. Instead of 93% lean meat, get the 80%. You'll be fine and you can instantly boost your calories by changing this concept. You MAY NEED 6k, 7k, or 8k calories every day. Bump it up to 5500 for a week or two and re-assess. If you get nothing from it, bump to 6k and go in 500 calorie increments. You'll gain. I promise. There is a point where you WILL overwhelm your metabolism and it can't keep up. Once you find that point, you can adjust calories up or down.