Am I doing this "bulking" phase right?

Benjamin1

Awards
Hello all,

I've been trying to "bulk" over the past couple months or so and I have put on some weight. I can tell I'm getting stronger and gaining weight, but it's not just muscle. I have gained muscle as well as some fat. Is that okay, or am I doing something wrong?

This is my first time "bulking" and any help would be great.

Btw I obtain a very diet regimen.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
whats your tdee? fat gains are from eating more cals than maint...

noob2die

noob2die

Awards
whats your tdee? fat gains are from eating more cals than maint...
How much surplus will lead to fat gain?? All im having is ard 300 kcal surplus and it seems that im startimg to hav those baby fat especially ard the tummy... Theres some muscle gain though.. Is its advisable fr me to decrease the surplus while bulking ??

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
any calorie surplus can/will lead to some fat gain, the key is minimizing it as much as possible...its takes 3500 cals to equal 1lb gained...500 cal surplus for a week = 1lb gained...a 300 surplus isnt that much to begin with so if you reduce it further your gains will become very slow, on the flip side if you can handle the slow bulk route then keeping the fat off is alot easier...

noob2die

noob2die

Awards
any calorie surplus can/will lead to some fat gain, the key is minimizing it as much as possible...its takes 3500 cals to equal 1lb gained...500 cal surplus for a week = 1lb gained...a 300 surplus isnt that much to begin with so if you reduce it further your gains will become very slow, on the flip side if you can handle the slow bulk route then keeping the fat off is alot easier...
Hmm.. I tink i will maintain the surplus.. However start doing some cardio now.. I love to eat.!!!

noob2die

noob2die

Awards
Hmm... I tink i will maintain the surplus... However hav to start doing some cardio... I love to eat...!!! Thx fr the advise man!

Benjamin1

Awards
I guess my main question is, sense i'm gaining muscle and fat is that normal when bulking?
And when it is time to cut will I lose mass?
Thanks