Best night food for bulking?

C

cg123

Awards
What the title says. What would be a good late dinner cause I get home at 830. What would be the best to gain muscle?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
i only eat my normal dinner around then, then 500+ml of milk and/or 100grams of cottage cheese before i hit bed! works for me.

W

wildcat90

Awards
My last meal of the day is usually 2 scoops of casein plus a handful of almonds. The goal is to eat the slowest digesting food to last my body through the nite.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as you go over your caloric maintenance level I don't think it makes a much of a difference. I'd be more concerned with daily totals/macros especially if trying to bulk.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I usually have pb toast and 1% milk before bed.

G

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Whatever your normal dinner would be, then a shake b4 bed w/ slow digesting protein.

I always have 500ml (12oz) 2%milk, 5g glutamine, 25g caesin, and maybe 12g whey at night right b4 going to bed. I'll probably drop the milk when I start my cut though, but protein w/o milk is disgusting to me...

J

Jaybro

Awards
Casein Protein is a good choice, or even cottage cheese. Steadily feeds your body with protein as you sleep.

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Why's every one having milk b4 bed?em I missing sumthing?I hardly ever drink milk?should I be?

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Eat a steak

FreddieMiles

FreddieMiles

Awards
I like cottage cheese with some green olives mixed in.

B

BigRed904

Awards
throw a handful of oats into 1-2 cups of cottage cheese...

S

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I eat whatever, I never worry about what the food is as long as I can reach my total cals and macros for the day.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Cottage cheese for me.

K

kowalsik

Awards
steak, brocolli,swweet potatoe and almonds

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
hot chick telling u to eat steak, must be the right thing to do

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
for late night foods i stick with non carb'd foods here lately, higher fat....cottage cheese with evoo

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat Cottage cheese and eggs every night about a hour before bed.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
a nice serving of pink taco with a side of bearded clam. eat that s h i t everynite son!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a nice serving of pink taco with a side of bearded clam. eat that s h i t everynite son!
That's cardio!! Lol

Just hit your macros for the day. If you are carb phobic at night then use one of your lower carb meals.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i usually like some cottage cheese and a few whole eggs, or a casein shake.

Just made protein pudding last night that was bomb. 1cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops ON chocolate casein, 1 raw egg, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1tbsp cocoa powder, 4 splenda. Blend it up really good and chill it for at least an hour.

I'll do something like that if I had trouble getting my calories in during the day and need some extra.

K

ktekst

Awards
I like the cottage cheese idea more than casein protein shakes. My experience with casein was disgusting and haven't tried another flavor or brand yet. It was cookies and cream from ON

A

aceroni

Awards
red meat and peanutbutter.. if you're bulking, throw a lil carbs in there

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
red meat and peanutbutter.. if you're bulking, throw a lil carbs in there
I heard Kai Green cut on red meat...

Either way, I has 100% beef patty & half a baked potato.