Genetic potential

JayRock

Awards
I've read many different articles that state that your arms will only grow naturally 10 inches larger than your wrists. I have 17 '' wrists, and the biggest my arms got to was around 18.75 on a very dirty bulk years ago and many PH's were involved. I've always wanted to have lean, defined 18'' arms. I lost all of that size years ago because I had kids, stopped lifting, and lost alot of size. Right now I'm at 17'' flexed and cold, 14-15% bodyfat, with 7 inch wrists. I've been attempting to bulk again, but recently found out that I'm gluten sensitive, and that I can't have soy, whey, or casein proteins due to being allergic to them all. No milk too. I'm hesitant to do 5-6 meals a day, bulking up with gluten free carbs like quinoa, rice, etc, plus taking beef protein, AnaBeta, Triazole, DAA, creatine. Training is 3-4 sets of everything, 6-10 reps everything, 3-4 exercises for every muscle group done once a week. With that info, is there any tip or insight towards my training, diet, etc that I could add to help me reach that size by mid to late spring? I don't want to mess with Tren, M-Drol things like that again.

Mivvi

Awards
I don't understand - you train only once per week? Am I just reading it wrong? If not, then you need to sort that out.

Also, if I were you, I'd train more than what you're doing. just doing a standard 6-10 reps of everything and only 3-4 sets doesn't cut it. Your upper arms are made up of short-head and long-head biceps, and short-head, medial-head and lateral-head triceps. My logic is that if you're only doing 3-4 sets then you're only working 3-4 of those muscles. What I would do is target them. Absolutely nail your arms with some of these exercises:

bicep long-head: close-grip stuff (chins and barbell curls), hammer curls, cable curls

bicep short-head: preacher curl (make sure you try and twist you pinkies inwards for an extra squeeze), dumbbell curls (also incline curls), wide-grip stuff

triceps long-head: extensions (dumbbell lying, EZ bar, dumbbell overhead and cable overhead)

triceps lateral-head: pushdowns and close-grip bench press

Do light weights and high reps (15-20) for 2 weeks to get a huge pump from the blood flow to your muscles that will expand the muscle fibre and then stack on those extra plates to do lower reps (6-10) to fill out the muscle.

As for your diet, try and change it so that you can get that bf% down. You say you want lean arms? Get down to less than 10% and you'll be able to sport some colossal guns. I'm not a nutritionist and don't know enough about being sensitive to gluten to give you advice about how you can change your diet but I do know that 6-8 meals a day would help a long way at speeding up your metabolism and burning calories.

Maybe not the diet advice, but I hope the training advice helps buddy.

P.s. I never believe any of that crap about how you can only grow so far because of your wrists. My wrists are TINY. Probably around 5". Embarrassing? Yes. But not my arms bro ;-) haha!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established

Mivvi

Awards
Think that's a typo. He maybe meant 7" wrists?