Not to be gay....But whats considered Big?

Reginald4711

Awards
But why do I think I look so small, do I look small?

Really im not trying to be a **** or anything, im just looking for other peoples input....

Im 5'8 220 and mine are 18.5 with a good pump, but everytime I see myself l think i look tiny
0611112033.jpg

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Body dysmorphia (sp?) there have been a few articles in the articles section about it recently.

ManBeast

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
you look big, no homo.... but if you cut to around 205ish, you would look bigger IMO

Reginald4711

Awards
Ya im around a solid 220, sorry for the crappy pic, I had to keep resizing it so it would post. I dont know what it is, maybe its a mental thing I dont know..

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Ya im around a solid 220, sorry for the crappy pic, I had to keep resizing it so it would post. I dont know what it is, maybe its a mental thing I dont know..
its def a mental thing... but i also wouldnt consider you a "solid" 220.... id say you would be considered a SOLID 205, you look to be about 15%bf

Reginald4711

Awards
Ya I agree, im in a bulk cycle right now, I do look better around 205-210

Deca17

Awards
"Big" is all an illusion man.

Check out the article "the truth about bulking" on tnation.com

If you got down to 10% bf, you would look absolutely huge while losing probably 15-20 lbs. Being lean makes you look much bigger.

Reginald4711

Awards
Thanks for the input guys, so its all in this Messed up head of mine. Hahaha

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Reverse anorexia / muscle dysmorphia. Look it up on google and you should beable to find a fair bit on it.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Muscle dysmorphia. Look it up on google man and you'll find a fair few articles about it!

Mivvi

Awards
Doesn't look like muscle dysmorphia to me. you just need to cut up bro ! afterwards you'll look more vascular which I think is what you're going for (no homo)

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Agree, no dysphormia IMO ... U just gotta cut ur Cals and ur Carbs bro Nd start leaning out ... U got some sick arms #NoHomo so ripped u def gonna look good

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Definitely what the above posters said. Your additional weight is likely making you appear "soft", so to speak. Down at 200-205, you'll look cut up, and "hard" (HUGE no homo lol). Right now you're a tank with rubber padding all around you...get rid of the padding and become a steel-coated war machine ;)

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
maybe cause you're below average height and that makes you feel small in height which leads to feeling small all around

Reginald4711

Awards
Im for sure trying to get down to around 205 now

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something I try to use is every 2weeks take a picture of yourself and compare those. Its hard to judge your gains by looking in the mirror everyday.

Its easy to notice the big changes every 2weeks, rather then small daily changes.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I'm 237 lbs and you look bigger than me....

Then again, I'm 6'1".

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Ur a big SOB man. Don't worry about it. Get shredded up

Young JD

Awards
I would say your looking good bro probly even contest good bro if came in shredded no homo

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have 2 type of delusional people.

The type that really aren't that big or ripped but I swear to God they look in the mirror and see something from a magazine. They talk arrogantly whether in person, facebook posts, forums posts etc... and really "believe" that they are that great.

Then you have the type that are super impressive , yet fail to recognize it. They are overly hard on themselves and are also very obsessive compulsive.

I personally suffer a bit from the 2nd person. I am always pretty unsatisfied and hate pictures of myself etc,,,, I should have probably done way more contest prep logs, but I hate submitting pics because I get disappointed by what I see.

To the OP. you appear very husky and thick? You will look "bigger" and more muscular way leaner. Forget the scale, but if the BF% was lowered w/veins blasting everywhere you would actually get MORE people taking second looks and making comments into their friends ears,spouses etc...

-Matt