1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  94k lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

my new lean mass diet

Just Started my new lean mass diet,

Before i post the diet ill just mention that i don't count cals or do the whole macro breakdown thing , haven't done for about 4 years now and this works for me.

The diet-

Typical supplement Supply: :
    1 x WPI 3 kg
    1 x BN carbs.
    1 x flax seed.
    1 x multi.
    1 x liver support.

Upon Rising: flax seed, multi vit.

Meal # 1: (7.30am) 4 egg whites + 2 whole egg + 2 tblsp low fat cottage cheese
    wholemeal toast (3 pieces) + 1 beef pattie and 1 fried tomato.

Meal # 2: (10.00am) 3 scoops Macro Whey or gen tec pro mass
    1 scoop of BN carb powder and an apple in yoghurt

Meal # 3: (12.00pm) 1 serve chicken breast
    1 jacket potato with low fat cheese, sour cream and either chives or spring onions +1 serve of salad.

Meal # 4: (3.00pm) Chicken with a baked potato, sour cream, chives, low fat tasty cheese, + side of salad. Or a light chicken stir fry with rice or noodles, or a chicken salad sandwich or a chicken avocado salad.

Pre Training : (5.00pm) 1 serve of BN carbs. One serve of BCAa's,

Train : (6.00pm)

Meal # 5: (immediately after training, 7.15pm) 3 x scoops WPI + 3 scoops BN carbs Mix in 400ml water .

Meal # 6 : (8.30pm) lean steak
    1-2 serve rice or jacket potato or chips
    2 serves vegetables or 1 serve of salad .

Meal # 7: ( before bed) 2 scoops BN WPI + 3-4 tbs of natty peanut butter then have
    200g Nestle diet yoghurt . Or mix whey, PB and milk together and drink.

NOTES:
    No pre or post workout sups on Wednesday, sat and sun.
    Meal 5 on Wednesday is a cheat meal of 2 chicken wraps from Mcas

Consume roughly 3-4 litres of water a day
    Vary exercises, rep range, rep tempo and set volume every 4 weeks
    Consume as much variety as possible of proteins, carbs (incl starches, fruit and veg)
    Serving Sizes: Protein: Size of hand (palm only)
    Carbs: Size of hand (clenched fist) cooked.

At a guess id say it totals at 3600-4000 calls.

Been bodybuilding for 13 years but ive always believed in the power of knowledge and that there is always something new to learn so any comments, tips ideas are appreciated.

cheers-

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  94k lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Been at it for a week, tastes good and is quick to cook but im having problems with breakfast

ive always had trouble with breakfast being that im not a morning person and 2 i haven't been sleeping well due to quitting smoking but im getting there.

Ive also been drinking more milk, 1 full glass of full cream mkilk after whole food meals.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.52%

Have u considered drinking milk in the am instead of cottage cheese?
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.66%

First off, I start with a MV and Flax also, its a great combo.

Second, I could be wrong but I eat about 4k-4.5k calories a day and I eat way more than you. I don't think you eat as many calories as you think.

Third, if you are going to cheat EVERY Wednesday, than stop eating fried tomatoes in the morning. Fats are supposed to be in the A.M. and supposed to be good fats, like nuts, eggs, peanut butter, etc. Not fried sh*t, terrible start to a day.

Try to eat more in between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM, chicken and potato is a joke of a meal.

Your pre-workout carb drink is alright, but it can't hurt to carb load WAY more before a workout. I'd do a carb shake and 2 whole wheat banana pancakes (my pre-workout daily ritual, they're great with sugar free syrup and skim milk to make them)

The WORST thing to eat in a certain time range is FATS within 2 HOURS AFTER WORKING OUT. So, your chips after your workout suck haha (I know you said or rice or whatever, just saying when you do eat the chips)

You have a lot of great things about this diet. Great supplements, great water intake, great attempt at a ridiculous amount of calories, and great use of protein powder. I would just clean it up in general, and make sure that each meal is stacked. Find your weakest calorie meals and fix them. Always have a meal planned with a backup in case you have enough room to eat or if you can eat something else in another hour, etc.

Hope this helps and doesn't offend, I like your stuff, GL lemme know how it is going.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  94k lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by jbonez View Post
    First off, I start with a MV and Flax also, its a great combo.

Second, I could be wrong but I eat about 4k-4.5k calories a day and I eat way more than you. I don't think you eat as many calories as you think. You could be right, like i said previously i don't count calls or macro breakdown.

Third, if you are going to cheat EVERY Wednesday, than stop eating fried tomatoes in the morning. Fats are supposed to be in the A.M. and supposed to be good fats, like nuts, eggs, peanut butter, etc. Not fried sh*t, terrible start to a day.
    The tomato is fried in a pan lightly sprayed with olive oil, hardly unhealthy and its only a few slices, the beef patty is also heart smart and cooked in a forman gril, breakfast has very little fat and what fat it dose have is good.

Try to eat more in between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM, chicken and potato is a joke of a meal.

Lol, what's wrong with chicken and potatoes, don't forget i add either a salad or veggies to it and the jacket potatoes have grated cheese, low fat sour cream, chives and cottage cheese so its not only tasty but nutritious.

Your pre-workout carb drink is alright, but it can't hurt to carb load WAY more before a workout. I'd do a carb shake and 2 whole wheat banana pancakes (my pre-workout daily ritual, they're great with sugar free syrup and skim milk to make them)

Yeah i could be doing more for pre workout nutrition, i may add some snacks, maybe peanut butter on rice cakes or something, too many carbs and it will make to full and tired to train hard. overall my pre and post workout nutrition is good and works for me but i like to change things ups

The WORST thing to eat in a certain time range is FATS within 2 HOURS AFTER WORKING OUT. So, your chips after your workout suck haha (I know you said or rice or whatever, just saying when you do eat the chips)

I seldom eat chips but when i do they are oven baked and of the low saturated fat variety, i generally eat either potatoes or rice with my meals but when bulking i like to occasional add something else such as Asian noodles or chips but its not often.

You have a lot of great things about this diet. Great supplements, great water intake, great attempt at a ridiculous amount of calories, and great use of protein powder. I would just clean it up in general, and make sure that each meal is stacked. Find your weakest calorie meals and fix them. Always have a meal planned with a backup in case you have enough room to eat or if you can eat something else in another hour, etc.

Hope this helps and doesn't offend, I like your stuff, GL lemme know how it is going.

No offence taken, ive been doing this a long time and am still learning, we never stop learning as bodybuilders so any more tips or what you would add to get me up to 4000 calls or there about without having to count call lol would be good.

Appreciate it brotha-

Swole
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.66%

Well two ways would be :

Change your mass gainer - I looked it up and its 400 calories? Unless you take two of them with milk, consider changing to one like ON's WG which is 650 per half serving, so 800 with milk, 1000 with milk and banana or milk and natty pb. (with pb, milk, banana thats 1100 calories and 32 servings of it are in the bag for like $45 free shipping on that awesome bookstore website that sells everything in the world)

I still think your gap from 10-3 is weak. You justify it with "whats wrong with chicken and potatoes". Well .. nothing is, if you eat a ****load of it. 1 piece of chicken and 1 potato with a few salad/veggie sides just seems like a snack to me, but if you fill up on it, then its fine, just keeps sticking out when i look at your stuff.

My diet is far from perfect, but when you look at someone else's ****, i guess you can just see how to correct it better than you can your own lol
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  94k lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Well two ways would be :

Change your mass gainer - I looked it up and its 400 calories? Unless you take two of them with milk, consider changing to one like ON's WG which is 650 per half serving, so 800 with milk, 1000 with milk and banana or milk and natty pb. (with pb, milk, banana thats 1100 calories and 32 servings of it are in the bag for like $45 free shipping on that awesome bookstore website that sells everything in the world)
    Meal 2 has to stay light as after breakfast i am full for hours but i can add some natty PB and banana and yes all shakes throughout the day except pre and post workout are mixed in milk. I may look in to On's WG but the product im using is great, has allot going for it and tastes amazing.

I still think your gap from 10-3 is weak. You justify it with "whats wrong with chicken and potatoes". Well .. nothing is, if you eat a ****load of it. 1 piece of chicken and 1 potato with a few salad/veggie sides just seems like a snack to me, but if you fill up on it, then its fine, just keeps sticking out when i look at your stuff.

Believe me, the plate is full lol, if i can find my cam ill take a pic of some of my meals and post them. The chicken breasts are very thick, so much so that i have to slice them in half just to cook them and i use either one large potato or 2 med ones. you got to eat big to get big, i just want to make the mass lean so i don't want to go crazy with the carbs. My diet and training has always been oldschool, for instance, the bodybuilders of the 40's-70s ate a diet high in protein quite high in fat and very low in carbs and look what they achieved, they even drank a ton of full fat cream many times a day. high carbs just dont agree with me, makes me tired and sluggish.

My diet is far from perfect, but when you look at someone else's ****, i guess you can just see how to correct it better than you can your own lol
    True, witch is why i posted my diet here, im always trying to make my diet better and to learn something new.

Cheers-

Swole
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.66%

Yep man, always worth a shot to throw ideas out there, kinda the point of the forums

Also man, think about the kind of carbs you eat. You seem to eat a lot of white rice and white potatoes. Although milk is a great carb in terms of GI, white carbs really aren't. You have to think - maybe thats why carbs make you sluggish. My diet has ONLY non-white carbs except the meal after my workout in which I will eat a white carb if I want to cause after a workout is fine.

Try to replace all your potatoes with sweet potatoes and white rice with brown rice. Eat oatmeal instead of breads in the morning. I guarantee if you do this, you will have SO much more energy and you will be able to eat more considering these carbs are <55 on GI, constantly consuming them will keep your metabolism up like crazy, which means more calories able to be eaten and more ENERGY yayyyyy

I am not saying this will make you love carbs or make you not get sluggish from them, but I really am confident that all non-white carbs for a few weeks will really open your eyes.

If not, what did you lose?

And yeah, old school bodybuilders did certain things, but they were also genetic freaks so sometimes you gotta step back and join the world of realism lol
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  94k lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Yep man, always worth a shot to throw ideas out there, kinda the point of the forums

Also man, think about the kind of carbs you eat. You seem to eat a lot of white rice and white potatoes. Although milk is a great carb in terms of GI, white carbs really aren't. You have to think - maybe thats why carbs make you sluggish. My diet has ONLY non-white carbs except the meal after my workout in which I will eat a white carb if I want to cause after a workout is fine.

Try to replace all your potatoes with sweet potatoes and white rice with brown rice. Eat oatmeal instead of breads in the morning. I guarantee if you do this, you will have SO much more energy and you will be able to eat more considering these carbs are <55 on GI, constantly consuming them will keep your metabolism up like crazy, which means more calories able to be eaten and more ENERGY yayyyyy

I am not saying this will make you love carbs or make you not get sluggish from them, but I really am confident that all non-white carbs for a few weeks will really open your eyes.

If not, what did you lose?

Hmmm i can give it a go , though how id down a load of oatmeal after eggs i don't know but ive always been willing to try new things, the bread i eat is wholemeal not white and the rice is basmatti witch is low GI but i may switch it up a little, use some sweet potato but no way im eating brown rice lol, tried that **** in the past mate and hated it.

And yeah, old school bodybuilders did certain things, but they were also genetic freaks so sometimes you gotta step back and join the world of realism lol

Lol, you can learn allot from bodybuilders of the golden era, they had no information on training or diet, it was all trail an era and common sense, the only info they had came from the 1 monthly BB mag. As for the genetic freaks, i don't buy that, everyone uses that term far too much, some use it as a crutch.

Some of the bodybuilders from back then did not have good genetics, it was their work ethic, mind set and passion that got them results. I wont deny some of them did have amazing genetics but genetics alone won't make you a great bodybuilder, id say of that time, Arnold, Lou and Sergio had the best genetics.
    Just my 2 cents.

Ill definitely implement some of your ideas to my diet and rewrite it, should post it up here later.

later brotha-

Swole
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.66%

GL lemme know how it goes

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean mass diet
    By ShockCollar in forum Nutrition / Health