Egg white versus whole eggs - AnabolicMinds.com

Egg white versus whole eggs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    Egg white versus whole eggs


    Whats the difference? As far as bulking is concerned. Heard that whole eggs have plenty of good **** in them plus healthy fats and cholesterol to make hormones
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html

  2. Banned
    jbonez's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    If you are bulking the right way, aka working out the right way, eating the right types of foods at the right times, then why are you worried about whole eggs? its an egg lol eat it. its one of the few amazing bulking foods, i eat anywhere from 5 to 10 full eggs per day on my bulking diet and I'm still only 5% body fat after months of my clean bulk.

    i am not a medical expert tho, make sure you stay on top of your cholesterol levels and general health issues
  3. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jbonez
    If you are bulking the right way, aka working out the right way, eating the right types of foods at the right times, then why are you worried about whole eggs? its an egg lol eat it. its one of the few amazing bulking foods, i eat anywhere from 5 to 10 full eggs per day on my bulking diet and I'm still only 5% body fat after months of my clean bulk.

    i am not a medical expert tho, make sure you stay on top of your cholesterol levels and general health issues
    All very true, im an ER nurse (only one in the city who can deadlift 300) but i wondered from a bulking standpoint. Personally, i eat at least 4 eggs for breakfast and my hdl/ldl is perfect. Thanks man!
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46440

    Reputation

    I personally always throw in 1 whole egg in the morning with my breakfast no matter what, but if I decide to eat eggs again throughout the day I stick to only eggwhites.
  5. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    All very true, im an ER nurse (only one in the city who can deadlift 300)
    You're the only one in your city who can deadlift 300 pounds?? What city is this??
  6. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,599
    Rep Power
    2410151

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

    You're the only one in your city who can deadlift 300 pounds?? What city is this??
    Probably a very small 1
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  7. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Probably a very small 1
    Maybe he meant the only 1 on his street.
  8. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,599
    Rep Power
    2410151

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

    Maybe he meant the only 1 on his street.
    Or his house...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  9. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Or his house...
    His Bathroom
  10. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,599
    Rep Power
    2410151

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta
    His Bathroom
    His car...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  11. Advanced Member
    kaikara's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    585
    Rep Power
    21989

    Reputation

    I'm guessing he meant only ER nurse in his city that can lift 300 lbs. That's probably believable.
  12. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    I'm guessing he meant only ER nurse in his city that can lift 300 lbs. That's probably believable.
    Must be a small ER
  13. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,599
    Rep Power
    2410151

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

    Must be a small ER
    Maybe a dentist office...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  14. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    You guys obviously dont work in hospitals.... Avg nurse age is 55....and female. That species of animal is allergic to physical fitness haha. And seriously i'm really not that huge, but its sad when i work in a hospital 5 years and only one dude is in better shape than me (6' 174lbs)!!!
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  15. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,599
    Rep Power
    2410151

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sae2110
    You guys obviously dont work in hospitals.... Avg nurse age is 55....and female. That species of animal is allergic to physical fitness haha. And seriously i'm really not that huge, but its sad when i work in a hospital 5 years and only one dude is in better shape than me (6' 174lbs)!!!
    I don't work in a hospital no...
    We were just joking around bro haha
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  16. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Look up criticalbench on here. He is a nurse and damn close to earning his pro card. There is always someone better then you

  17. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532236

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You a nurse, Focker?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  18. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    You a nurse, Focker?
    Nice lol

  19. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,599
    Rep Power
    2410151

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop
    Look up criticalbench on here. He is a nurse and damn close to earning his pro card. There is always someone better then you
    lmao...

    I'll never earn a pro card, but I don't try hard enough haha...
    Nice accomplishments nurse and pro card.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  20. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Sorry thought the op in this thread was a nurse... Got mixed up with the dude bragging about being a nurse and dead lifting 300lbds

  21. New Member
    lemke28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    207

    Reputation

    This thread gave me a good laugh lol
  22. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    Yep i was being a smart*** lol
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  23. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,847
    Rep Power
    2142557

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    You guys obviously dont work in hospitals.... Avg nurse age is 55....and female. That species of animal is allergic to physical fitness haha. And seriously i'm really not that huge, but its sad when i work in a hospital 5 years and only one dude is in better shape than me (6' 174lbs)!!!
    Sounds like you work in a pretty small hospital in a small rural town.

    I also work in a hospital and we get waves of new nurses just about every year. Our average nurse probably is from mid twenty to early forty.

    With regard to the thread topic of eggs and cholesterol, dietary cholesterol does not significantly impact serum cholesterol. Eggs are an amazing food choice!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  24. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    I wish rurals are more fun, but its dayton ohio- about 250,000 people, 6 major hospitals plus 3 or 4 standalone ER's. And i didnt mean to brag, believe me i have a LONG way to go before I'm near any if the guys on these forums
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  25. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,847
    Rep Power
    2142557

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    I wish rurals are more fun, but its dayton ohio- about 250,000 people, 6 major hospitals plus 3 or 4 standalone ER's. And i didnt mean to brag, believe me i have a LONG way to go before I'm near any if the guys on these forums
    I wonder why your hospital isnt full of younger people then. Every hospital I have worked in all had similar staffed aged groups and all the local colleges have waiting list for the RN program. Its odd your nurse average age is 55
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  26. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

    I wonder why your hospital isnt full of younger people then. Every hospital I have worked in all had similar staffed aged groups and all the local colleges have waiting list for the RN program. Its odd your nurse average age is 55
    Sorry I meant nationwide, but the critical care nurses tend to be older since they don't hire new grads in the ER often
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  27. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    Sorry I meant nationwide, but the critical care nurses tend to be older since they don't hire new grads in the ER often
    This means if I get a job at your Er I'll be the strongest guy there!! Sorry
  28. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta
    This means if I get a job at your Er I'll be the strongest guy there!! Sorry
    Heck yeah
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  29. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    On the flip side though, no one would get saved.
  30. New Member
    irongrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    116

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    Avg nurse age is 55....and female. That species of animal is allergic to physical fitness haha. And seriously i'm really not that huge, but its sad when i work in a hospital 5 years and only one dude is in better shape than me (6' 174lbs)!!!
    Wow, so every 55 year old female is allergic to physical fitness?? I know lots of women over 60 who do triathlons, marathons, body building competitions and mountain bike races. Perhaps they can't lift 300 pounds over their heads, but they would give you a run for your money in any race.
  31. New Member
    TShoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    76

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Sounds like you work in a pretty small hospital in a small rural town.

    I also work in a hospital and we get waves of new nurses just about every year. Our average nurse probably is from mid twenty to early forty.

    With regard to the thread topic of eggs and cholesterol, dietary cholesterol does not significantly impact serum cholesterol. Eggs are an amazing food choice!
    Finally, an answer to the question. Thanks!
  32. Senior Member
    Rahl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    121920

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Lol. Poor guy makes one statement and you all toss him under the bus.

    The "eat the whole fn egg" answer is correct. I eat 4-6 every morning.
  33. New Member
    sae2110's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    12322

    Reputation

    Thanks rahl, I've been eating 4 every morning for a month. I knew that it wasn't BAD for me to eat whole eggs, but i wanted to know from a bulking perspective what people thought
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  34. Advanced Member
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46440

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahl
    Lol. Poor guy makes one statement and you all toss him under the bus.

    The "eat the whole fn egg" answer is correct. I eat 4-6 every morning.
    4real. Stay on topic! Lmao
  35. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,847
    Rep Power
    2142557

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    When I run out of red meat my egg intake usually goes way up. A dozen+ eggs a day is not new to me
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  36. Advanced Member
    Type O Hero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    73447

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Look up criticalbench on here. He is a nurse and damn close to earning his pro card. There is always someone better then you
    I noted the winky face, but still...

    One's body being "better" than another is very subjective. And there's not just one uniform way to objectively critique someone's body. Some people don't dig the competitive bodybuilder physiques.


    And back to the topic lol... Just eat the whole egg. But I wouldn't want to be eating much more than 6 eggs a day. Not because of cholesterol but because of having nasty egg farts all the time. Frank Zane said if you were exercising and dieting well you didn't really have to worry about dietary cholesterol. He ate a lot of whole eggs and he stayed ripped and he's over 80 now. Still looking good.
  37. Senior Member
    Rahl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    121920

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero

    I noted the winky face, but still...

    One's body being "better" than another is very subjective. And there's not just one uniform way to objectively critique someone's body. Some people don't dig the competitive bodybuilder physiques.

    And back to the topic lol... Just eat the whole egg. But I wouldn't want to be eating much more than 6 eggs a day. Not because of cholesterol but because of having nasty egg farts all the time. Frank Zane said if you were exercising and dieting well you didn't really have to worry about dietary cholesterol. He ate a lot of whole eggs and he stayed ripped and he's over 80 now. Still looking good.
    Good point! Zane is the man.
  38. Banned
    JayV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero View Post
    Frank Zane said if you were exercising and dieting well you didn't really have to worry about dietary cholesterol. He ate a lot of whole eggs and he stayed ripped and he's over 80 now. Still looking good.
    You are correct about the cholesterol, but Frank Zane is only 69 years old.
  39. Advanced Member
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46440

    Reputation

    I eat about 2 egg meals a day. Is that fine?
  40. Elite Member
    vidapreta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,659
    Rep Power
    3765912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    I eat about 2 egg meals a day. Is that fine?
    Fine for what??
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. RAW EGGS vs COOKED EGGS
    By LIFTEDnGIFTED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM
  2. Controlled Labs White Flood and White Blood FINAL Review
    By luelinks in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
  3. Raw Eggs VS. Cooked Eggs
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in