Dips 3x8
Skullcrushers or Close Grip BP 4x8-12

Friday- Legs/Shoulders
Squats 4x5-8
SLDL or Leg Curl (do this if lower back recovery is issue) 4x8-12
Calf Raises 4x12
Military Press- 4x5-8
Shrugs 4 x 8-12

and i have some troubles with interpreatation of 4x5-8. does it mean i am to do straight sets or pyramiding? when should i add weight to a bar? are these only worksets?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm really not a fan of legs/shoulders on the same day, I feel that it cheats shoulders a lot. If you really are bulking I'd split it up into 4 days, 5 preferably and stagger the days off as well.

4x5-8 means 4 working sets of 5-8 reps.

ManBeast

luka5

Awards
so basically i should do straight sets and add weight as long as i stay in mentioned rep range yeah?

so i may do:

200 x 8,7,6,6
205 x 7,7,6,5
205 x 8,8,7,7
210 x 7,6,5,5
210 x 8,7,6,6
215 x 8,8,7,7

etc yeah? as long as i am between 5-8 reps (and adding reps/or weight each workout)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
all that for one exercise? No

It means you do 4 sets, adding weight each time if you can, per exercise. Holy robin-turds batman that would be overtraining...

ManBeast

luka5

Awards
all that for one exercise? No

It means you do 4 sets, adding weight each time if you can, per exercise. Holy robin-turds batman that would be overtraining...

ManBeast
thats what i mean

week1 200 x 8,7,6,6
week 2 205 x 7,7,6,5
week 3 205 x 8,8,7,7
week 4 210 x 7,6,5,5
week 5 210 x 8,7,6,6
week 6 215 x 8,8,7,7

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
IMO you need to do this:
Pay attention to your first set.
If your rep range is 5-8, on that first set you should have enough weight to prevent you from reaching rep #9. Get it? So if you have 200 lbs. And you can do 9 reps you need to add a lil weight.( A Few pounds at a time!!slow)
Second set.
Now on this 2nd set if u followed above instructions u should have trouble reaching even 8 reps! So you will probably only reach 7 reps this time around. If you can Mabey add weight If u feel like doing so, but just as in 1st set you should definitely not be reaching 9 reps! If so add weight. Get it now?
On your third set you should only be able to do 6 reps and on the fourth set u should only get to five ( Mabey 6).
I use this method , i think it can be used to track your natural progression by going to failure. You will notice strength increases by way of having to increasing the weight when u get through every rep range you have for yourself. You will know exactly when to add weight because you will see yourself reaching or passing your rep ranges. Which means it's time to add!
Different routines ( bulk ,strength, etc. ) have different rep ranges to deal with their respective purpose.
Example: bulking will have low ranges (5 - 8 ) and heavy weight.
While a hypertrophy routine would have higher rep range (10-12) to induce new fibers (I think)
If you follow these instructions there will probably be no way your weight progression will go the way you wrote it. It will be a much slower prosses. Mabey increasing weight by 10 lbs every 4-8 weeks or more. This is my opinion if I'm wrong or mistaken someone else please chime in. Hope this helps.