cheap bulking shake!

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
Ok so for Christmas my gf bought me the body fortress protein from Walmart. I've used that brand of protein before, and ended giving the tub away. Anyway I decided I'd go on a quick bulk, and get rid of the tub by making my own weight gainer. No joke I love the taste of my new shake!

2 scoops body fortress (cookies and cream)
1-1/2 cups of un cooked oats
2tbs skippy natural peanut butter
And however much milk you want mixed in.

Its got a really pleasant smooth taste, but it is chuncky due to the oats. It doesn't really bother me. If u would rather have it smoother, blend the oats, and protein until its powdered.

Just thought I'd give u a heads up! Its dirt cheap and taste great. Tell me what you think!

malou

malou

Awards
I did that this morning without the oats but with half of a banana. Love it. I never new you could add peanut butter in the shake.
I'll do this until I get tired of it from now on.

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
You Gotta try it with oats! I love the taste! Lol the gf does too

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
That's some pretty ghetto protein powder bro but as I say, protein is protein. I've been using 4 scoops of up ur mass, 2 scoops of ABB xxl mass gainer, both vanilla, and 2 handfuls of strawberries with 16 oz of milk. About 1200 calories and drink that twice a day. Think it would taste bad with pb?

JohnJJ

Awards
sweet

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
That's some pretty ghetto protein powder bro but as I say, protein is protein. I've been using 4 scoops of up ur mass, 2 scoops of ABB xxl mass gainer, both vanilla, and 2 handfuls of strawberries with 16 oz of milk. About 1200 calories and drink that twice a day. Think it would taste bad with pb?
Yeah I hate the protein by itself, but this recipe really makes it tasty! The peanut butter tastes good mixed with my vanilla zero impact protein, so it should be alright. Try throwing a raw egg or two in it. Makes it creamy adds protein + calories, and it tastes pretty good.

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
Yeah I keep it in. I'm not too worried about the fat content.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I don't care about the fat just thinking about the taste. Not really noticeable ehh well I may try that

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
Taste won't be a problem :) atleast for me. Tell me what you think.

malou

malou

Awards
Amazing you can put about anything in a shake.
Honestly I couldn't taste the egg. Im still to try it with oats. Do you have anymore crazy ideas.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I have yet to try it with the egg. Kind of afraid but at the same time excited

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I use strawberries, blueberries, bananas, peanut butter, 2 scoops of chocolate myofusion, and milk and ice at the moment. I LOVE having a 62 oz blender!!

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
I'm gonna have to try that^^^

Another good one for vanilla protein is.. 1cup kefir milk wich is like liquid yogurt. Desired milk. 1 scoop vanilla protein. With fresh fruit of your choice. I really enjoy peaches and will sweeten to my liking with agave nectar!

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I have been using a similar shake for my bulks for about 2 years
2 scoops protein
2-3 cups milk
1 cup ground oats
1 banana
2-3 eggs
3tbps natural peanut butter

Another was
1-2 cups greek yogurt
2 scoops protein
1 cup milk
and fresh fruit and berries
You can add ice to make it more of a morning smoothie too

malou

malou

Awards
I also add 2 tblsp of olive oil on everything. That is 260 cals. I did bad yesterday and today barely ate 2000 instead of 4000

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is what i do....can somebody count the nutritional info on this, im too lazy right now lol

Whole Milk
Ice Cream
Ice
Pineapple
Banana
Honey
2 scoops Whey
EVOO

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing you can put about anything in a shake.
Honestly I couldn't taste the egg. Im still to try it with oats. Do you have anymore crazy ideas.
an uncooked egg has 1/2 the amount of protein as a cooked egg (i read that somewhere on here and a website)....might as well add another scoop of protein or half scoop

tweaver

tweaver

Awards
Same amount of protein, your body just absorbs more of the cooked rather than the raw. Ill still use raw eggs because I can easily just throw eggs into a shake and be on the go.

malou

malou

Awards
Add another scoop make it to thick then I have to add more milk with it.

christine123

christine123

Banned
Awards
I'm gonna try it.. thanks for that! :D

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
not sure if anybody tried but butermilk 2% makes shakes taste better adleast in my opinion. (No i would not drink buttermilk by itself) what I dont like with mixing milk is that it becomes foamy butermilk seams to make it less foamy. Give it a try

I do two scoops of whey strawberry 3 cups of buttermilk and banana