Still hungry after calorie limit has been reached

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Sometimes I have trouble hitting 3K calories a day and just cram the rest of my food down before bed.

Other times, I will have eaten more earlier in the day and I'm hungry before bed.

This seems like common sense, but just wanted to hear others opinions. If I'm trying to make gain lean muscle with as little fat as possible, should I stick to the 3K and just go to bed hungry or should I eat until I'm not hungry any more then go to bed?

Feel like obviously, I should eat if my body is telling me it's hungry..what do?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Eat, I would lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I .would eat and just try to keep it clean and just enough. For me if I'm hungry going to bed I won't be able to sleep until I do.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I .would eat and just try to keep it clean and just enough. For me if I'm hungry going to bed I won't be able to sleep until I do.
x2.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Yeah..trying to go to bed hungry sucks.

That's what I thought was the right thing to do...thanks dudes.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i agree, if your hungry and trying to bulk, be it clean, eat and try to make it as clean as possible

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys are gonna make this guy FAT!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
If your body tells you its hungry... KEEP EATING
Maybe you have a number in mind for calorie intake but your subjective sense of need it much more important. The body knows what it needs, not you. As long as you eat clean your good, you'll stay lean. Dont be afraid of food for growth.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What types of foods do you eat throughout the day? If you're bulking and hitting the amount of cals your body needs, you should not be excessively hungry unless you were more active throughout the day. Maybe a little stomach growl, but that's it. If you're relying more on liquids and powders for calories then I would try to get more foods and see if that helps.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If your body tells you its hungry... KEEP EATING

Every Obese person on the Jerry Springer Show thinks that their body is telling them that their hungry.. sometimes you've got to have self control!! lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
eat carrots or something like that. very filling not super high calories.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely eat something like carrots to fill up rather than cookies or brownies!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is what I was getting at by asking if the OP is eating filling foods. I know if I eat a few servings of broccoli I feel full as hell with very little calories.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is what I was getting at by asking if the OP is eating filling foods. I know if I eat a few servings of broccoli I feel full as hell with very little calories.
True

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i don't think anyone was saying eat brownies if you are still hungry at the end of the day lol.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
The only foods I eat are chicken breast, tuna, eggs, lean beef, oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread, peanut butter, and protein powder. Very basic. I generally have egg sandwiches or eggs and oats for breakfast and make a big tupperware of either brown rice and chicken or brown rice and tuna every day and divide that into a few servings then have oats and whey protein post workout. I don't eat any greens, i should add that into my big tupperware for it to be more filling..been thinking about buying some different types of beans to add to it as well. Everything I eat is clean except for on weekends when sometimes I have alcohol or cheat meals, but nothing crazy.

I'll buy some carrots. I can say that since I started counting my calories my body is transforming my crazy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only foods I eat are chicken breast, tuna, eggs, lean beef, oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread, peanut butter, and protein powder. Very basic. I generally have egg sandwiches or eggs and oats for breakfast and make a big tupperware of either brown rice and chicken or brown rice and tuna every day and divide that into a few servings then have oats and whey protein post workout. I don't eat any greens, i should add that into my big tupperware for it to be more filling..been thinking about buying some different types of beans to add to it as well. Everything I eat is clean except for on weekends when sometimes I have alcohol or cheat meals, but nothing crazy.

I'll buy some carrots. I can say that since I started counting my calories my body is transforming my crazy.
Sounds good. Maybe increase your fiber intake, this will definitely help. I do not think it is a bad thing you're hungry either. This means your metabolism is strong and your body is using the food your providing it. I just had my postworkout meal and am still hungry. Doesn't mean I need more though. This is one reason why I like to eat frequently

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thats a good point. especially during diet I increase my veggies to add substance and feel satiated.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats a good point. especially during diet I increase my veggies to add substance and feel satiated.
I wish I realized this at the beginning of my last diet lol. Now I use this method while recomping since I have some low car days. Farts smell bad, but I feel full!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
You could try sugar-free jelly. It fills you up with essentially no calories.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I wish I realized this at the beginning of my last diet lol. Now I use this method while recomping since I have some low car days. Farts smell bad, but I feel full!
Genomyx Gut Health. A world of a difference.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Try adding about 25-30g of fiber in your diet. That will def. curb your app some ;-) Either a supp or natural fiber.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ive been eating 5k calories a day (Well thats what I aim for) and feel starved at night...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been eating 5k calories a day (Well thats what I aim for) and feel starved at night...
Do you eat a consistent number of cals throughout the day?

I know if I train in the AM, my cals are highest breakfast and post workout then I taper them down each meal. This makes me a little hungry at night despite getting enough fiber. Try to get an equal amount of calories in each meal.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Well here is my thing ... Eat and log what u eat ... After twitching a bit here and there ull know exactly what to eat and when bam I eat 3k - 3.5k a day

Bfast
9oz Egg whites sub, 3 slices turkey, 1 slice wheat bread
Snack 1
Banana, protein bar (Special K)
Lunch
8-10ozChicken and brown rice and 10 oz salad (low cal dressing)
Snack 2
Tuna pack, banana
pre work out
2 scoop whey and 1/2 cup of oats
Dinner
8-10oz Chicken and brown rice and 6oz broccoli
Before bed
1 scoop of Casein

Sometimes I'll change lunch for a subway sub, but dasssssit lol

Oh and cheat days I eat like a boss
Pizza and Wings!!!!!! Lol
Jk but I eat whatever I was craving the longest and relax.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
all good points so far, sooner or later you develop a repetative eating habit. i found it easier to make sure my last meal was within an hour of going to bed and usually in the form of cottage cheese with evoo mixed in, worse case scenerio you diet down alittle harder during your cut..