Simple bulking question

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Should I still eat 500-700 cals over maintenance on non work out days? Or should I stay around maintenance? Also should my macros change between lifting and non lifting days or should i stay at 40:40:20?

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would eat maintenance or less on off-days. If you want to mess with macros, eat less carbs on off-days. However, some people would probably argue against this mentality on a "bulk."

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would eat maintenance or less on off-days. If you want to mess with macros, eat less carbs on off-days. However, some people would probably argue against this mentality on a "bulk."
I wouldnt argue it. Whatever works imo, I personally just keep everything the same through out the week but i say do what you feel works, if you want to eat less on off days or cut carbs here an there do it, at the end of the month if the scale says youve gained GREAT!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends what your goals are. If you just want size and strength, then sure go for it. If you want to control the type of weight you put on I say eat less.

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Depends what your goals are. If you just want size and strength, then sure go for it. If you want to control the type of weight you put on I say eat less.

I agree man, it depends what you want. If your just looking to put on some lots of mass, load up on the cals daily. If your kinda worried about putting some fat on, keep them lower on off days. Totally up to you man, see what works best and go with it. Good luck!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Should I still eat 500-700 cals over maintenance on non work out days? Or should I stay around maintenance? Also should my macros change between lifting and non lifting days or should i stay at 40:40:20?
Well first what are your full stats? That would help answer this question more accurately.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5'9 185lb about 15%bf I am having a hard time getting my cals in and protein somedays it's frustrating

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
At 185 lbs I'd be working more towards 3500-4000k. Your maintenance is probably around 2800 so only 200 over that probably isn't a sufficient enough amount.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's so hard to eat even 3k cals and expensive lol any advice?

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
It's so hard to eat even 3k cals and expensive lol any advice?
Try to find little things that you can consume to get the extra calories in. I used to use milk/half and half in my shakes all the time. Half and half adds lots of calories to a shake. Same goes for EVOO a few servings of that throughout the day and your intake will go up. Those a just a couple of things you can do to get those extra couple hundred calories in everyday. Hope that helps some!

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
GOMAD ...
Gallon Of Milk A Day Brahhhhhhh
2k calories, it's like $3 ... I have no problem getting my calories and I only spend about $70 a week on groceries and $150 a month in supps, eat about 8 times a day expect cheat days I eat 6
My off day is Sunday an also cheat day .. Sooooo I do what I want that day lol ... Pizza and Wings!!!!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about all the sugar and sat fat...I wanna minimize the amount of fat I put on

JohnJJ

Awards
all da

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Fats from milk wont be an issue. As a matter of fact a higher fat diet would be beneficial. Im not talking saturated fats im talking monosaturated fats found in foods like avocados, walnuts and dairy. While they work to eliminate bad fat they also raise test levels. Im not talking raise by way of any supplement or steroid would but they do help with your body's own production.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Of you can handle lactose I don't see why it would be.

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
There is 4-5 grams of saturated fat in a serving of milk. I myself, drink whole milk when on a bulk but your going to be taking in a decent amount of saturated fats if you drink 4 servings of milk a day. Just keep that in mind.