Help with cals and macros please

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 5'9 180 doing my first bulk in a while I've always been to scared to fat to do a real bulk I know my bmr is 1900 and my job is pretty light activity so I figured around 2500 for maintenance....my big questions are should I eat 3k on lifting days and 2500 cals on non lifting days? And should I do my macros like 220 protein 220 carbs and 50 fat? Thanks in advance guys I'm just scared to get fat lol and my lifting schedule is mon bis back tues tris chest wed shoulders traps thurs legs abs fri is arms one week and chest and back the next week and off sat sun doing high weight lower reps (6-8) 4 sets on everything

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm 5'9 180 doing my first bulk in a while I've always been to scared to fat to do a real bulk I know my bmr is 1900 and my job is pretty light activity so I figured around 2500 for maintenance....my big questions are should I eat 3k on lifting days and 2500 cals on non lifting days? And should I do my macros like 220 protein 220 carbs and 50 fat? Thanks in advance guys I'm just scared to get fat lol and my lifting schedule is mon bis back tues tris chest wed shoulders traps thurs legs abs fri is arms one week and chest and back the next week and off sat sun doing high weight lower reps (6-8) 4 sets on everything
My cals are set up about the same.
You have to experiment though.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
My cals are set up about the same.
You have to experiment though.
What aaron said, experiment, if your paranoid about the fat gain, just stick with eating your 3k cals, end of month check scales check bf% lvls ect and make adjustments accordingly... it doesnt really get more complicated then that. As far as your programs concerned is this something youve made up yourself? as it looks like it needs to be a little more structured...

supafly50

Awards
There's a new app for the iphone called "cals & macros" that I find useful for working out how much i should eat :)

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
"bulking" and "scared of getting fat"......paradox....gaining size without bodyfat change naturally is a myth. If you eat you will grow, either you want to be big or you want to be ripped...Im sure if you put on 10lbs of weigth and gained 3 or 4 percent you'll still look good but your arms will be an inch bigger etc