Need some macro help

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
K I'm on a bulk for a while but just need some macro help.. Here's my stats

17 y/o
170lbs
13-15%bf (mostly in lower stomach for now while I'm on bulk.. I don't really get fat in other places)
Height: 5"11
Male

I just need some info on calories, protein, carbs, and fat.. Everything else I've been managing.. Multi vitamin, fish oil caps, protein shakes.. I have weight gainer I plan to use on odd occasions if I can't actually consume the FOOD in calories, I'll just toss a quick drink together. Thx guys

I'd appreciate some help, I posted on another website I'm registered to and it's been four god damn days and no one has even replied.. I've bumped the topic 3 times too, I'm rattled about it

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Your BMR (the calories you would burn if you lied in bed all day) is 1911cals.

You havent stated your activity level through out the day but:
  1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
  2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
  3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
  4. If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
  5. If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
So for arguments sake we will say your number 3.(moderatetely active.) 1911 x 1.55 ='s 2962calories

If your wanting to bulk add 500calories to 2962 (2962+500) = (3462) This would be the number of calories you would want to consume (a day)

• Protein can vary with what ever people think is the optimal amount but for bulking and arguments sake we will say 1.5 - 2grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. (1.5 x 170) = (255grams) of protein (a day)
  • Carbs is around 2-3grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight - (170x2) = (340grams) of carbs (a day)
  • Fats I like to work round 20% of my caloric intake so for you (20% of 3462calories) = (70grams) of fat (a day)
So to sum everything up for you, and to bulk you will need to consume the following: (Based on you being moderately active)
  1. Calories - 3462
  2. Protein - 255
  3. Carbs - 340
  4. Fats - 70

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
^ Great Post.

OP, strong user name to mentions in you post.

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
Your BMR (the calories you would burn if you lied in bed all day) is 1911cals.

You havent stated your activity level through out the day but:
[*]If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
[*]If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
[*]If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
[*]If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
[*]If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
So for arguments sake we will say your number 3.(moderatetely active.) 1911 x 1.55 ='s 2962calories

If your wanting to bulk add 500calories to 2962 (2962+500) = (3462) This would be the number of calories you would want to consume (a day)

[*]Protein can vary with what ever people think is the optimal amount but for bulking and arguments sake we will say 1.5 - 2grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. (1.5 x 170) = (255grams) of protein (a day)

[*]Carbs is around 2-3grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight - (170x2) = (340grams) of carbs (a day)

[*]Fats I like to work round 20% of my caloric intake so for you (20% of 3462calories) = (70grams) of fat (a day)
So to sum everything up for you, and to bulk you will need to consume the following: (Based on you being moderately active)
[*]Calories - 3462
[*]Protein - 255
[*]Carbs - 340
[*]Fats - 70
Thx.. I thought I should be getting 440 carbs and like 200 protein but I guess I gotta lower carbs for protein.. THANKS! finally some actual help for f**k sakes