1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Need some macro help

K I'm on a bulk for a while but just need some macro help.. Here's my stats

17 y/o
    170lbs
    13-15%bf (mostly in lower stomach for now while I'm on bulk.. I don't really get fat in other places)
    Height: 5"11
    Male

I just need some info on calories, protein, carbs, and fat.. Everything else I've been managing.. Multi vitamin, fish oil caps, protein shakes.. I have weight gainer I plan to use on odd occasions if I can't actually consume the FOOD in calories, I'll just toss a quick drink together. Thx guys

I'd appreciate some help, I posted on another website I'm registered to and it's been four god damn days and no one has even replied.. I've bumped the topic 3 times too, I'm rattled about it

2. Registered User
    Answers

Your BMR (the calories you would burn if you lied in bed all day) is 1911cals.

You havent stated your activity level through out the day but:
    1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    4. If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    5. If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
    So for arguments sake we will say your number 3.(moderatetely active.) 1911 x 1.55 ='s 2962calories

If your wanting to bulk add 500calories to 2962 (2962+500) = (3462) This would be the number of calories you would want to consume (a day)

• Protein can vary with what ever people think is the optimal amount but for bulking and arguments sake we will say 1.5 - 2grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. (1.5 x 170) = (255grams) of protein (a day)

• Carbs is around 2-3grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight - (170x2) = (340grams) of carbs (a day)

• Fats I like to work round 20% of my caloric intake so for you (20% of 3462calories) = (70grams) of fat (a day)
    So to sum everything up for you, and to bulk you will need to consume the following: (Based on you being moderately active)
    1. Calories - 3462
    2. Protein - 255
    3. Carbs - 340
    4. Fats - 70
  3. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

^ Great Post.

OP, strong user name to mentions in you post.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    ^ Great Post.

OP, strong user name to mentions in you post.
    lol
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newtonselite
    Your BMR (the calories you would burn if you lied in bed all day) is 1911cals.

You havent stated your activity level through out the day but:[*]If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2[*]If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375[*]If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55[*]If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725[*]If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
    So for arguments sake we will say your number 3.(moderatetely active.) 1911 x 1.55 ='s 2962calories

If your wanting to bulk add 500calories to 2962 (2962+500) = (3462) This would be the number of calories you would want to consume (a day)

[*]Protein can vary with what ever people think is the optimal amount but for bulking and arguments sake we will say 1.5 - 2grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. (1.5 x 170) = (255grams) of protein (a day)

[*]Carbs is around 2-3grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight - (170x2) = (340grams) of carbs (a day)

[*]Fats I like to work round 20% of my caloric intake so for you (20% of 3462calories) = (70grams) of fat (a day)
    So to sum everything up for you, and to bulk you will need to consume the following: (Based on you being moderately active)[*]Calories - 3462[*]Protein - 255[*]Carbs - 340[*]Fats - 70
    Thx.. I thought I should be getting 440 carbs and like 200 protein but I guess I gotta lower carbs for protein.. THANKS! finally some actual help for f**k sakes
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. still hungry....but macro's are telling me no
    By StellaArtois in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM
  2. Macro confusion
    By Osmg95 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 08:47 PM
  3. Help with macro nutrient ratios
    By Head Nurse in forum Weight Loss