Waist size

Gygas21

Awards
Okay, so a little about me. I've been lifting seriously for around 8 years and I'm 22 years old. My problem is my waist size. I have roughly had a 32' waist since I was a sophomore in high school, and up until about 6 months ago (I'm a junior in college). My waist is probably around 30' or lower, I can't even wear my 32' jeans anymore. I'm 5'10" 180lbs. Its just annoying because my upper body is much bigger (chest 42') than my waist. Most pair of jeans now will be super tight in the thigh and have like an inch space between the pant and my waist. I guess I want to know why my waist transformed like this when it has been the same for 6 years.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Its good to have a small waist and big chest. That means you probably have a good v taper. Tight pants in the thighs are normal for bodybuilders

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
counterspy

counterspy

Awards
Okay, so a little about me. I've been lifting seriously for around 8 years and I'm 22 years old. My problem is my waist size. I have roughly had a 32' waist since I was a sophomore in high school, and up until about 6 months ago (I'm a junior in college). My waist is probably around 30' or lower, I can't even wear my 32' jeans anymore. I'm 5'10" 180lbs. Its just annoying because my upper body is much bigger (chest 42') than my waist. Most pair of jeans now will be super tight in the thigh and have like an inch space between the pant and my waist. I guess I want to know why my waist transformed like this when it has been the same for 6 years.
Wow, you must be one hell of a specimen, sporting a 32 foot waist and 42 foot chest! (I kid...)

I will say, however, to count your blessings. You're taller and bigger than I am, but, sadly, my waist (at the navel) measures 2 inches larger than yours, in circumference. I am gunning for a 29" waist or less, if possible. Mine used to be 34.5" and now I have a small fortune in jeans that don't fit right. As someone else implied, take this as a good sign. The point is that if you have a nice shoulder to waist ratio, ideally 1.6 to 1, your physical appearance will be perceived more favorably by everyone.

Your shrinking waistline is a cumulative effect of whatever it is you're doing, whether it's exercise, eating, or both, so, I'd say to keep it up. It only gets harder as you get older and have to get responsible and deal with more ****, so establishing good habits will pay off in the long run.