Bulking/back.

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.32%

Bulking/back.

I upped my calories intake from 2800 to around 4000 I was 135 pounds 3 months ago now I'm 153# needless to say at work everybody is asking me what am I on. I even got a new nickname roidnigga. It is not funny and make me want to get even bigger on them my target weight is 170 my dream weight is 200. But here is my problem my effing back is killing me. I started creatine about a month ago so I first thought it was lack of water but the pain is no where near my kidneys. My wife say I gained to much to fast. Please someone tell her she wrong ill hate to slow down. I enjoy this to much.

Name:  ForumRunner_20111223_013750.png
Views: 337
Size:  214.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20111223_013840.png
Views: 247
Size:  228.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20111223_013840.png
Views: 247
Size:  228.8 KB

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.32%

Anyone
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.45%

You have to determine if this is "good pain" or "bad pain".

Good pain means you're sore, for a short-lived period, after working out your muscles. It can mean you've pushed the limits of your own physiology and possibly even caused your body to respond by growing and strenghtening - what we're all after. Good pain should be relatively short-lived, and overall pretty mild.

Bad Pain - if the muscle swells, is extremely painful for prolonged periods of time after working out.... if you've irritated the tendons that connect muscle to bone and you feel inflamation.... if the bone itself seems to "hurt"....if there's actual swelling in a joint and/or fluid build-up, there could be damaged cartilage....if the pain never seems to go away or actually gets worse

If you think the back pain is "bad pain" your wife is probably right and you should cut back on exercise or even seek medical attention if the pain is really severe and doesn't go away.... you've probably "overtrained".... and as much progress as you've made, you won't be making any more at all if you don't cut back.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.32%

I don't fall into none of these It just get tired I guess let's say pick up clothes from the floor cannot last more than a minute any active that requires me bending over is so tiring.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.25%

is the pain near the base of your spine and bum?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.32%

No it's in the middle close to the spine.my wife told me yesterday one side, the left one, is bigger then the other. I haven't lift any weight for four days now I feel a lil better but my back still feel weak.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by malou View Post
    No it's in the middle close to the spine.my wife told me yesterday one side, the left one, is bigger then the other. I haven't lift any weight for four days now I feel a lil better but my back still feel weak.
    pullups...........and lay off the weed...........
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Quote Originally Posted by PVL View Post
    pullups...........and lay off the weed...........
    Blasphemy

First off, nice gains man. You're obviously learning what it takes to put on weight, you look good man. You'll be at 170 in no time. I'm also guessing this pain is from rows/deadlifting and probably results from your increase in the weight you're lifting and form that's not 100% correct. It happens.

I'd take at least a week off back bro and do stretches for it. Your body is probably coping with the additional mass and stress that it isn't used too. Just google back stretches where you're getting the pain and do those 2-3x a week while laying off the weight. The last thing you want to do right now is keep pulling heavy weight, especially if you're deadlifting. Back pain blows and you'll save yourself a lot of headache if you just lay off it for a little bit until your body feels "right".

Once your back loosens up and it starts to feel "right" i'd take the weight down a little and just practice strict form and higher rep ranges until you feel like you've really got a handle on things. Taurine can also help with back pumps during workout days, I've always gotten them like a mofo so 10g before back/leg days is basically a staple for me.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by TxHomeGrown View Post
    Blasphemy

First off, nice gains man. You're obviously learning what it takes to put on weight, you look good man. You'll be at 170 in no time. I'm also guessing this pain is from rows/deadlifting and probably results from your increase in the weight you're lifting and form that's not 100% correct. It happens.

I'd take at least a week off back bro and do stretches for it. Your body is probably coping with the additional mass and stress that it isn't used too. Just google back stretches where you're getting the pain and do those 2-3x a week while laying off the weight. The last thing you want to do right now is keep pulling heavy weight, especially if you're deadlifting. Back pain blows and you'll save yourself a lot of headache if you just lay off it for a little bit until your body feels "right".

Once your back loosens up and it starts to feel "right" i'd take the weight down a little and just practice strict form and higher rep ranges until you feel like you've really got a handle on things. Taurine can also help with back pumps during workout days, I've always gotten them like a mofo so 10g before back/leg days is basically a staple for me.
    yeah man, its all about form and getting a pump. if you dont feel a pump, u are using too much weight.......

hell i do 10 sets of wide pullups and 10 sets of narrow reverse and im good to go...........hit up some light deads with some 30s or 40s and u will grow like a WEED.........lmao
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.32%

Thanks tx. So I should stay of the gym another week? It's funny you say that because the pain started right after I decided to train 5x5. I googled and youtube didn't know I was doing anything wrong.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just got back from Emergency room for lower back pain
    By DOMOkun in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
  4. HS Running Back Bulking Diet...Help!
    By ImTooFearless in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5