Did I pack on a bit too much fat these last months?

Icepray

Awards
So I've been bulking for about 6months now, and I've had great strength gains over this period, but I tend to get a belly pretty quick, but I knew this (used to be a fatty)
but mid-september college started again so I haven't really had to time to count my calories so I most probably was going a bit over just to be sure lol

But I wouldn't mind an opinion or two, right now I started a 5x5 routine to get my strength up while eating slightly below maintenance for a bit (not really sure how long maybe 3months) then I'll start a bulk again with a higher bench/squat/dead

img849.imageshack.us/img849/5297/progressbackbi.jpg

can't post URL/IMGs more of a lurker than a poster lol :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cant see the pic, but diet will reflect your results. if you have too large of a stomach, your eating too dirty. clean it up, add some cardio after your training on training days or during your OFF days. I like to jump rope. that gets me shredded .

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i got the pics to work.....u look a little but wider but not much. i dont think you put on alot of fat. u can tell your shoulders arent as defined but not by much.

Icepray

Awards
overall decent? or should I go for a drastic overhall?

GameSpeed

Awards
i wouldn't try and bulk up all at one time. do it in increments because you risk getting exhausted or pulling something if you get too heavy.

you're doing good man. glad you went big on the tat also. some dudes get em too small and they look like vending machine stickers.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
You look like you are doing well based on your back. might want to post some front pics up too makes it easier to see fat gain

Icepray

Awards
You look like you are doing well based on your back. might want to post some front pics up too makes it easier to see fat gain
true, the front is following the back progression, and I do tend to stock on the gut more than elsewhere but it still doesn't show with a shirt on... I can take a front pic, I took a back pic cause that was the one I had from 4 months ago =) I'll see if I have anything from the front, tho I was never super lean :p

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
lol its all good no worries. What it really comes down to is what YOU are comfortable with regarding fat gain. If you are happy with your progress and happy with your body then keep it up.

Icepray

Awards
lol its all good no worries. What it really comes down to is what YOU are comfortable with regarding fat gain. If you are happy with your progress and happy with your body then keep it up.
I'm never happy with my body xD I like my gains but it's always possible I could have done better, right now I got uncomfortable and will be cutting 2-3months to bulk back, prefer being bigger and fatter than ripped and small that's just me (gf agrees w00t)

I just find it's always better to get an unbiased opinion to know if something isn't going right

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I'm never happy with my body xD I like my gains but it's always possible I could have done better, right now I got uncomfortable and will be cutting 2-3months to bulk back, prefer being bigger and fatter than ripped and small that's just me (gf agrees w00t)

I just find it's always better to get an unbiased opinion to know if something isn't going right
Yeah I feel you I am not happy with mine either that is what drives everyone to keep trying to get gains. But I would say being happy with gains is what is important you cant get the body you want overnight. I too prefer to be bigger with some fat than smaller and ripped...perhaps because I was always a stick growing up and ive developed a complex lol

strongman24

Awards
I call it reverse anorexia, I'm never big enough even though everyone tells me im huge lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
everybody does it different. bulk for months then cut for months...etc i like to bulk for 3 weeks, cut for 1 (i can cut easy, thats why its only 1 week).

Icepray

Awards
I call it reverse anorexia, I'm never big enough even though everyone tells me im huge lol
Yeah I think the doctors call it bigorexia :p atleast it keeps us going and pushing ourselves, not nearly as harmfull to your body as anorexia, unless you go to an extreme with the anabolics (tho I'm still natty only been training 6-7months... and haven't researched it =)

everybody does it different. bulk for months then cut for months...etc i like to bulk for 3 weeks, cut for 1 (i can cut easy, thats why its only 1 week).
Yeah, I prefer bulking for a good period then cutting really, I feel like I make more progress this way, only thing I might do is as I'm carb sensitive and have a body that seems to have a fat fetish, I might bulk at 100-200cal surplus over the 500cal that's people preach, I might try 4weeks bulk 2weeks cut during summer to stay a bit leaner tho