Increase bodyfat?!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Increase bodyfat?!

Here's some quick stats I'm 6'3" 197 lbs 5.3% body fat. I have a very cut body.
    Avatar picture is from about two weeks ago after bulking cycle.

I would really like to be at about 8%.

It seems every time I bulk I do a great job of adding just muscle haha, this is absolutely no problem, but I feel like a little bit more body fat would make me look alot bigger. I don't feel like I look 200 lbs cause my roomate is 213 same height and looks twice my size. He's probably 12% bf. how should I approach increasing bf? Stop eating so clean or what?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Answers

no need to stop eating clean, just up your calories by 10% for a few weeks and see if you put some fat on, if not, add another 10% and so on until you see some fat coming. No need to eat super super clean though, especially if you want a little fat... but don't just drop a good diet...
    If your worried about turning the excess calories into muscle, cut back the weight your lifting/increase volume and you shouldnt add much size.

cheers,
    nate
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by quigley View Post
    no need to stop eating clean, just up your calories by 10% for a few weeks and see if you put some fat on, if not, add another 10% and so on until you see some fat coming. No need to eat super super clean though, especially if you want a little fat... but don't just drop a good diet...
    If your worried about turning the excess calories into muscle, cut back the weight your lifting/increase volume and you shouldnt add much size.

cheers,
    nate
    I agree. I think one of the biggest mistakes people make while "bulking" is to eat like ****. If you want cheat meals every now and then, it's not going to harm you, especially if you are trying to gain weight. Having said that, I just don't see how people can justify something like eating ice cream every night while bulking.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  218 lbs.
    Answers

I'm currently trying to lose weight, so I'm headed away from where it looks like you're headed. I can definately tell you how to add fat and cheap. Ramen noodles and peanut butter. I guarantee if you eat plenty of both for a few weeks you'll no doubt put on some fat. In my personal opinion there's not much thought that goes into adding fat, but then again I love to eat.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Oh yeah, almost forgot, sit on your butt a lot and stay away from cardio.......obviously.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by beastball View Post
    Here's some quick stats I'm 6'3" 197 lbs 5.3% body fat. I have a very cut body.
    Avatar picture is from about two weeks ago after bulking cycle.

I would really like to be at about 8%.

It seems every time I bulk I do a great job of adding just muscle haha, this is absolutely no problem, but I feel like a little bit more body fat would make me look alot bigger. I don't feel like I look 200 lbs cause my roomate is 213 same height and looks twice my size. He's probably 12% bf. how should I approach increasing bf? Stop eating so clean or what?
    hows your current diet look and what are your total macros each day? upping cals by 10% can def help, but tweaking your macros a little can help as well
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah I'm gonna start eating three scoops of peanut butter after each meal to put on some extra lbs and fat.

Currently I eat a range of 230-285 grams protein a day depending on if I take weight gainer shake that day.
    Calories are at 3800-4500
    Fats really range depending on what I eat not sure what range cause I wasn't really worried about getting to much
    Carbs are at 350-386 grams per day and mostly complex due to a daily baked potato. Also drink a class of AJ&OJ everyday.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Have you considered almond butter instead of pb?? I would due to high sat. fat in pb and healthier fats in the ab, little spendier but worth it. You may wanna try an isocaloric diet for a while at a higher rate. Iso is getting the same numbers on all macros. A little saturated fat wont put a gut on ya,but i would still opt for more poly and monos...dont wanna dig a hole in a mth that takes 2 to get out of...
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crunch13 View Post
    Have you considered almond butter instead of pb?? I would due to high sat. fat in pb and healthier fats in the ab, little spendier but worth it. You may wanna try an isocaloric diet for a while at a higher rate. Iso is getting the same numbers on all macros. A little saturated fat wont put a gut on ya,but i would still opt for more poly and monos...dont wanna dig a hole in a mth that takes 2 to get out of...
    little confused by your post. peanut butter and almond butter both have like 1.5 to 2 grams of sat fat per 2 tbsp serving. also both are mainly made up of mono unsaturated fats. almond butter also has less protein per serving.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Could depend on brand....i cant recall the ab brand. I compared to smart balance i know, with them you at least dont have hydrogenated oil in it like cheaper brands, plus its not all runny and sticky like most naturals. Avocados have good fat and decent protein... Its all about your metabolism bro and you know it.
    Some dudes i know tend to over do it on the surplus and are naturally lean but then have a hell of a time droppin it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bodyfat ??
    By Pika in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
  2. 11% to 7% bodyfat
    By CrazyChemist in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 01:02 PM
  3. Getting rid of the bodyfat
    By Bodybuilder20 in forum Weight Loss