Bulking fat related question

SR83

SR83

Awards
Ok so I have my carbs and proteins laid out as far as my daily schedule, but should fats be evenly distributed through out the day or more in AM or PM? I have read some things saying fats at night has anyone else?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok so I have my carbs and proteins laid out as far as my daily schedule, but should fats be evenly distributed through out the day or more in AM or PM? I have read some things saying fats at night has anyone else?
So many variables man....what is your macro breakdown? Give me some more info to work with....

Some people like to split carbs and fats up, but if fats are under 15g per meal....it probably would not matter regardless and would keep insulin levels a bit more controlled.....

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So many variables man....what is your macro breakdown? Give me some more info to work with....

Some people like to split carbs and fats up, but if fats are under 15g per meal....it probably would not matter regardless and would keep insulin levels a bit more controlled.....
15g seems to be the sweet spot for fats in meals. I think this would limit fat oxidation in the blood stream while ingesting carbs and increasing blood glucose and limit the fat storage effects of the liver through phenolic acid creation. (I could be wrong on the spelling of that fatty acid as my phone just auto corrected it. )

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The type of fats play a role as well as the glycemic LOAD of the source of carbs.....Ideally it comes down to your hormones and metabolic rate....

SR83

SR83

Awards
Sorry guys been away from computer for a few days. My breakdown is 400g carbs 240g protein 100g fats per day. Right around 3500 cals

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
drop carbs some increase fats more.

best way to do it, add and remove carbs as desired.

200fat 300 protein, 200 carbs.

bout 4000 there.

3600 would be.... 300 protein, 200 carb, 150 fat. which would be good too.

you definetly dont need over 200 carbs to grow you prolly dont even need over 100 carbs to grow. you can grow just fine on protein and fats. with a huge caloric surplus and stay super lean

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just take my fats spread out throughout the day with meals. Never thought about thinking more into it.

Mike