BCAA before bed?

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
O I'm trying to bulk up alot over winter and I really purchased some ON SUPERIOR AMINO 2222 Tabs. I like them. Now I take them before bed to prevent muscle wasting but how many? 5-10?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Id eat cottage cheese or casein whey right before bed over BCAAS. This is because of digestion times. Casine and or cottage cheese privde you with a constant stream of protien all night. Bcaas will do so for 40 mins to 1 hour.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id eat cottage cheese or casein whey right before bed over BCAAS. This is because of digestion times. Casine and or cottage cheese privde you with a constant stream of protien all night. Bcaas will do so for 40 mins to 1 hour.
I eat cottage cheese and eggs before bed but still shotgun 5grams BCAAs with what every GDA I'm using at the time.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is what I was referring to with my post lol reps for finding the link

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take it with something that promotes GH, IE L-Dopa, Arginine, HGHpro, HGHup,etc and have low blood sugar.

There are many ways to boost GH naturally. Deep sleep + low blood sugar + hyperaminoacidemia is a consistent, cheap and simple way to do this.

- Stop eating carbs at least 2hrs before bed
- Take 1-2 gbols
- Take a scoop of EAA or BCAA or protein powder, or some Mucuna (l-dopa), or an arginine based stack, or whatever you normally use to promote GH levels.
Since I have easy access to AI Sports Nutrition products, my stack consists of RecoverPRO, HGHpro, and Glycobol. There's a million possible combinations to achieve this, though.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
So its pointless taking Bcaas by themselves? No sups i take at the moment promote GH-and my arganince sup has a boatload of stims in it. The only thing si have for bed time that i can take are Anabeta, and erase (which im waiting to start in just over a week.)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not saying it's pointless to take BCAAs before bed. I think they will still aid in your goals.

BCAAs, Anabeta, and Erase looks like a nice stack for a lean bulk or even a cut.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So its pointless taking Bcaas by themselves? No sups i take at the moment promote GH-and my arganince sup has a boatload of stims in it. The only thing si have for bed time that i can take are Anabeta, and erase (which im waiting to start in just over a week.)
BCAAs work best when taken without another protein source exp between meals

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs work best when taken without another protein source exp between meals
Well I usually take my BCAAs with 16-32 oz of milk before I go to bed. I was eating cottage cheese with it for a while but It was kinda rough to eat so much of it

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
my only complaint with most protein supplements and cottage cheese alike is it has a boatload of calcium in it...

making any zinc product I take completely useless.

I think BCAA's and or whole meat protein sources are the way to go.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up, SD?
You have a log going on or coming up soon?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
What's up, SD?
You have a log going on or coming up soon?
Yup, gonna log compound 20 beta for uspl, just waiting for it to arrive now!

Hopefully it will be here Monday.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll look for it.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Casein protein or cottage cheese your best bet.

BCAAs are for FAST absorption, thats why its recc'd to take them around a workout.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i take iBCAA and 1 scoop of MAP before bed. seems to be doing good

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
MAP is awesome... but tastes like death... and Ive taken some nasty bulk powders straight up... for some reason if the water to powder ratio isnt just right i wanna puke....

I wish they would improve the flavor system... I DID only try the cranberry flav though for 2 jugs prob shoulda mixed it up...

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MAP is awesome... but tastes like death... and Ive taken some nasty bulk powders straight up... for some reason if the water to powder ratio isnt just right i wanna puke....

I wish they would improve the flavor system... I DID only try the cranberry flav though for 2 jugs prob shoulda mixed it up...
Cranberry at first was my favorite.... then it started tasting HORRIBLE to me. Strawberry and lemon lime are now my favorites.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Cranberry at first was my favorite.... then it started tasting HORRIBLE to me. Strawberry and lemon lime are now my favorites.
A fresh bottle smells great but as it sits it starts to stink right there in the jug...

Id like to try both those flavors, especially strawberry cause of the potential but even though lemon and lemon lime isn't necessarily always my favorite its quite the effective flavoring for masking just about anything.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's funny that say that about lemon. I really like our Raspberry flavor. I keep the Lemon flavor on hand, so I can mix other stuff with RecoverPRO.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established

Who makes map?

GetJakked

GetJakked

Awards
i suggest taking bcaa's before bed.. they help the muscles.. i took usp's modern bcaa's before bed and they helped me

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
BCAA's are great but only provide a short pulse of amino's. Casein or other whole food sources would be much better.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would it better to take in BCAA's before bed as opposed to a casein based shake?

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
It would be OPTIMAL to eat whole food before bed instead of a capsulated powder or shake. Word

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

it isnt that bad, c'mon. what flavor did you take? i have strawberry lemonade and sure its bad at first, but u get used to it. i actually like it now

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
BAGEL flavored is the best, hands down

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
it isnt that bad, c'mon. what flavor did you take? i have strawberry lemonade and sure its bad at first, but u get used to it. i actually like it now
Lol, I tried neither of those, I had 2 tubs of cran.... Wish I would have chose differently

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is my logic. On a cut, BCAAs and a chicken breast before bed. On recomp, Casein and/or Whey before bed. On a bulk, homemade mass gainer before bed.

and cranberry MAP sounds nasty lol

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Here is my logic. On a cut, BCAAs and a chicken breast before bed. On recomp, Casein and/or Whey before bed. On a bulk, homemade mass gainer before bed.

and cranberry MAP sounds nasty lol
"Milk was a baaad choice"...... Ron Burgundy

Mine was cranberry.... Ugh...

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I prefer casein in 2% milk pre bed if anything. I usually have my casein shake 2-3 hours pre bed though with a hand full of almonds.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA's aren't a bad idea before bed if you don't have a problem sleeping after consumption. I would stick to a kind low in carbs or carb free though. Carb consumption=insulin spike, and when your body sees the increased insulin it basically tells the body not to make GH. And let's not forget one of the benefits of BCAA consumption: increased GH output. It would be somewhat counter-productive, unless you were getting an outside source of GH, like injections or patches.
Casein with low carbs and carb free BCAA's would be a decent pre-bed shake.

Jovee

Awards
I am a thallus in a carb rotation and I have a few very low carb days. I already do not eat carbs after 6. And I already do casein before bed. Should I add the BCAA on the low carb days to help produce GH while I sleep?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a thallus in a carb rotation and I have a few very low carb days. I already do not eat carbs after 6. And I already do casein before bed. Should I add the BCAA on the low carb days to help produce GH while I sleep?
Sounds reasonable

Silent muscle

Silent muscle

Awards
bcaa's are to aid with nitrogen balance in the body for a constant anabolic state so your not wasting muscle they are great for protein synthesis mainly because of leucine which is a very good amino in my view, but as for bed you sleep for 6 maybe 8 hours or longer so you need a steady stream of amino's in your system this is why whey is no good for night time and bcaa's are not a great choice either because they are absorbed into the muscles fairly quickly i would say an hour give or take, but casein is perfect due to it taking a very long time to fully digest about 8 hours i believe with most products. some blends are better than others and some have more bang for your buck so its up to you hope this helps good luck...

Jovee

Awards
Great information! Is it cool to take casein mixed with whey post workout? I am eating basically every 2 - 3 hours. So would Whey be more productive during the day and post and pre workout? And leave the casein for bed?

Silent muscle

Silent muscle

Awards
yes there are blends like what i mainly take syntha 6 by bsn it has whey and casein and others, to answer your question a faster protein like whey is good for the day breakfast lunch dinner ect. and casein is always for bed or if you cannot eat 6 meals a better protein in my opinon than whey is whey protein hydrolysate it is so broken down that it is basically pre digested so you dont feel full or bloated and its higher grade so no stomach pains

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So has anybody started experimenting?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So has anybody started experimenting?
Send over a tub of RecoverPro, bottle of HghPro & I'll xperiment 4 ya :sgrin:

I've been forcefeeding myself the last few weeks...among other things thru out the day....but before bed having a bowl of raisin bran (or shredded wheat), 2% milk & 1/2 scoop whey...soooo sick of eating...