Will the weight gain level out?!

lemon

Awards
Hey guys, i just switched to an intense bulk routine for this winter, and my diet is full of nothing but good cals and protein, i'm just eating a whole lot. My strength is increasing and everything is filling in nicely...but i'm starting to develop stomach fat. The chest area is decreasing, it's all abdominal and sides where i'm gaining excess weight. Will this stop after my body starts to realize i'll be eating this much for a while/as lifting goes on? I'm thinking about implementing 20-30mins of High intensity cardio at the end of each workout, whether or not it'll compromise strength.

so how bout it guys....will the stomach fat level off then start to go back down, or if i keep it up think it'll just keep growing? i went from 153-175 lifting moderatly but with only a moderat amount of cals being taken in....and now that i switched routines and increased my cals a whole lot, i'm at 194 (full of fluid and food for the day, at the end of my swing), but more like a 184/89 baseline

wannabelarge

wannabelarge

Awards
what are you gaining per week? you dont want more than 1 pound a week.. others will argue u can go for 2.. but what's the point of putting on 8 lbs a month if your body can only build about 2lbs of muscle at MAX

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, i just switched to an intense bulk routine for this winter, and my diet is full of nothing but good cals and protein, i'm just eating a whole lot. My strength is increasing and everything is filling in nicely...but i'm starting to develop stomach fat. The chest area is decreasing, it's all abdominal and sides where i'm gaining excess weight. Will this stop after my body starts to realize i'll be eating this much for a while/as lifting goes on? I'm thinking about implementing 20-30mins of High intensity cardio at the end of each workout, whether or not it'll compromise strength.

so how bout it guys....will the stomach fat level off then start to go back down, or if i keep it up think it'll just keep growing? i went from 153-175 lifting moderatly but with only a moderat amount of cals being taken in....and now that i switched routines and increased my cals a whole lot, i'm at 194 (full of fluid and food for the day, at the end of my swing), but more like a 184/89 baseline
Well what's ur diet like? High carbs before bed? Cuz that's when I notice i put on a little bit of stomach fat And u keeping sodium low? Are u doing ab workouts?

wannabelarge

wannabelarge

Awards
Well what's ur diet like? High carbs before bed? Cuz that's when I notice i put on a little bit of stomach fat And u keeping sodium low? Are u doing ab workouts?
sodium and ab workouts dont have any effect on stomach fat.. my sodium is actually the highest when i'm cutting.. reason being it's better to use hot sauce and spices (zero cal) than to use marinades and sugary sauces

your stomach fat wont go away till you are burning more calories than u are taking in.. (cut) now you can limit the amount of fat you put on from here on out, but in order to get rid of it you'll need to cut

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
If you are gaining excess stomach fat you are simply eating too much. the human body can only use so much for muscle growth at a time. Just reduce the cals slightly but not too low that you stop gaining. You will gain less fat this way but still be in a cal excess for muscle growth

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
As others have said, you need to adjust your diet. Eating way too many cals and then doing cardio every day is akin to breaking your windows and then replacing them every day instead of simply opening them. Just adjust your approach then you won't have to go over the top and try to compensate for it every day.