Bulking Split

Rowan212

Awards
Heyeveryone, I've been using this routine for the last 2 months now and I have seedecent gains in strength and size. What I’m wondering is – Are there any thoughtsto improve the split for better gains?
Stats –
189 LBS
5’8”
Lifting solid for 5 years

Monday – Back and Bi
Pull up 3x8
Chin up 3x8
Lying T bar Row 3x6
DB row 3x8
Full range lat pull down 3x12
Wide grip pull down 3x8
Preacher curl 3x8
Concentration curl 3x8

Wednesday – Chest and Tri
BB Bench Press 3x6
Decline DB Bench Press 3x8
Incline BB Press 3x8
Cable Cross 3x10
Dip 3x10
Push downs 3x8
Reverse grip push downs 3x8
Extensions 3x8

Friday – Legs shoulders upper back
Dead lift 3x5
Squat 3x5
Legextensions 3x8
Seated calfraise 3x15
Standing calfraise 3x10
DB shoulderpress 3x6
BB Shoulderpress 3x6
DB shrugs3x10
DB frontraise / super set side raise 3x10
Smith shrugs3x6

At the moment i'm running SD at 30 a day for 3 wks over lapped into Epi at 30 for 4 weeks for a 6 week cycle.
Calories are around 2500 - 250g protein - 250g carbs - 60g fat.

I've put some girth around my waiste but my back has all but exploded in size, my pecs not so much. Any help would be great... I've been a thread stalker for a while now and a rare poster ... so be gentle.

Rowan212

Awards
Actually I just started looking into DC training and I plan to switch to it after my cycle ... How much more would you consider I eat ... I'm already turning into a great big fat ass.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
doesnt matter. just eat high protein, high carbs. DC is very legit. make sure ur on your BCAAs, Protein, (other staples). if you need suggestions on those holla at me

psychotron

psychotron

Awards
Actually I just started looking into DC training and I plan to switch to it after my cycle ... How much more would you consider I eat ... I'm already turning into a great big fat ass.
I wouldn't consider eating more than you currently are unless you want to continue to get fatter. I'm sure you don't want to bust your ass just to put on a lot of body fat. You can still put on size with fewer calories. If you're bound and determined to keep on your current caloric intake, you'll need to exercise more.

Rowan212

Awards
No i'm not set into what I eat at all - I normally eat about 1900 calories a day but I have not been gaining any size at all so I upped it to 2500 for 4 months and I have gotten alot bigger and alot stronger - but also i'm gaining fat like crazy as well, abs are completely gone and I have a ton of back fat now. So I'm not to worried about it I just want to make sure that I'm gaining proper strength with all this fat so when i cut I'm not back to where I was before I upped my caloires.

dday39

Awards
take a look at your macro breakdown
2500 cals doesn't seem like a lot. have you calculated your BMR correctly?
just be sure that you're consistently adding weight to the bar

FittTitt

Awards
2500 and you weigh 189lbs i calculated that my body needs 4000 odd calories if i want to gain i know that everyone is different but i stuck to the general rules done the math and that what i got so if it works for the majority it should work for me im also about 5,8. I know i can push the boat out to 178lbs before i see significant definition loss in my abs.