no big belly

mass hunter

Awards
I'm.stuck at 220lbs diet is fairly good want to add 10lbs of lean muscle I know I need more intake but don't want the big belly that comes with increasing my intake just want more mass

SizeUp

Awards
if you are eating clean the amount of bf% that you put on will be very small. But if you are eating a large amount of cals every 2-2.5 hours some distention of stomach is gonna happen. Just constantly flex ur abs and make sure you work your core. keep it in the best you can

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
if you are eating clean the amount of bf% that you put on will be very small. But if you are eating a large amount of cals every 2-2.5 hours some distention of stomach is gonna happen. Just constantly flex ur abs and make sure you work your core. keep it in the best you can
Flexing your abs and working your core won't give you a better stomach if your eating junk food, you can't spot reduce. You can also crunch till the cows come home you won't get abs, you have to eat healthy and expect some fat gain if you want to gain muscle. Listen OP if you want to add 10 lbs of lean mass then prepare yourself to work hard and eat right for the next 8-12 months. If your looking for a quick fix that you seen in an infomercial then you have been tricked. Cheers :)

SizeUp

Awards
Flexing your abs and working your core won't give you a better stomach if your eating junk food, you can't spot reduce. You can also crunch till the cows come home you won't get abs, you have to eat healthy and expect some fat gain if you want to gain muscle. Listen OP if you want to add 10 lbs of lean mass then prepare yourself to work hard and eat right for the next 8-12 months. If your looking for a quick fix that you seen in an infomercial then you have been tricked. Cheers :)
I didn't say to eat junk food... i said eating clean.. and if your eating enough CLEAN FOOD to gain that much weight u will have distention. I also did not say that working core and keeping stomach flexed would give him better abs or spot reduce... but the more control you have over abdominals the more u can keep it sucked in. These are same tips given out by various pros when IFBB had that belly mandate.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Size you must be clueless. I am saying this in a non-intentional sincere way, but it seems like it.

Last edited:
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm.stuck at 220lbs diet is fairly good want to add 10lbs of lean muscle I know I need more intake but don't want the big belly that comes with increasing my intake just want more mass
Who said that you had to gain a "big belly" if you want to gain more muscle mass? If you are eating correctly for YOU for mass gains, understand your body and know how it responds, adjusting your nutrition weekly either up or down re calories dependent on your progress and results from that week, then there is no reason why you cannot gain muscle mass with minimal fat gain (and be aware, that yes, you ARE going to gain a small amount of fat if you gain muscle mass - for example, even if your body composition does not change, if you gain over all body mass, it means that you have gained both muscle mass and bodyfat. That is, unless you recomp, and then you can lose bodyfat whilst gaining muscle mass, but this is a very slow way to do it and requires patience, as well as knowing how to manipulate your nutrition to perfection for you re results.

~Rosie~

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Contrary to popular belief doing abs leads to more defined abs, muscle burns fat having more muscle from in your abs from doing more ab work helps burn fat. You can build bigger abs from working them they just won't show until you make the right changes in the kitchen. Rephrase you're sentence "you can also crunch to the cows come home you won't get abs" it should be "you won't get visible abs".

Theres a difference from having abs and having visible abs visible abs are built in the kitchen but also you have to do core work to get a six pack.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
No you can crunch till the cows come home this won't give you abs worked well for my point that it all depends on diet thanks tho!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Contrary to popular belief doing abs leads to more defined abs, muscle burns fat having more muscle from in your abs from doing more ab work helps burn fat. You can build bigger abs from working them they just won't show until you make the right changes in the kitchen. Rephrase you're sentence "you can also crunch to the cows come home you won't get abs" it should be "you won't get visible abs".

Theres a difference from having abs and having visible abs visible abs are built in the kitchen but also you have to do core work to get a six pack.
This is definitely a farse, myself along with many others never do abs directly because I feel it's a waste of time. Heavy deadlifts and squats work the core muscle for stabilization and we all have good so called "6 packs." wrong again buddy, all personal preference.

Teddy21

Awards
Eat clean, keep your macros in check, add calories slowly (200-400 pw).

If you are gaining more than a pound per week (naturally), you are probably taking in a little too much and might want to cut back down or level out your calories until you stop gaining strength and size.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Agreed Teddy....if your strength is slowly increasing and your weight is slowly rising, you should be alright. .5-1 lb a week should be ok. Incorporating some hiit cardio a couple times a week should help keep fat off as well while reducing wasting too many calories on cardio.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
I also agree with doin deadlifts n squats being pretty much sufficient for abs. I hardly do direct ab work anymore