19 year old benching 165 KG - 363 lbs without Juicing?

dylan007

Awards
Guys my mate has been training for 2 years now and is now 19

he is benching 165 KG and looks like a total animal

the question is

Is it possible at 19 to be at 165kg bench press without juicing it...

Recently he has been angrier but i dunno

I mean he eats whatever he wants, i ask him about his diet and he says " i just eat when im hungry whatever to fill me up"

And i asked him about protein shakes and he said Nah they don't work

Is it possible to get to this at 19 without juicing or supplementation?

if its legitimately natural he must have freakish genetics!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Possibly, this is very subjective and no one can say a true "yes" or "no" because we don't see/know him. Why do you want to know so bad, I mean you post on the forum so you must be really curious or really jealous. If he's that good of a friend he'd tell you if you asked him, or maybe he's ashamed. Whatever it is, I'd just WORRY about myself and my progress, not others and what they do. Everyone has their own morals, and opinions.

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
I know where your coming from dylan007. As healthy humans have this competitive nature about them I don't care who you are. We all compare ourselves to others in everything we do. When we start competing with others who are doping we are not comparing organic apples to organic apples anymore. we are comparing organic apples to genetically altered apples. I don't care what people put into their bodies we sometimes just need to know so we don't try and compete with it. After all it isn't really fare. As a cyclist I'm seeing a ton of this at the moment. Even with the weekend warrior.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's 100% possible and you'll actually find this in many, many high schools in the US.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
just mark his progress if you really wanna know, if he increases his maxes or sets by like 20 lbs in a month or so, he is, and if he drops his maxes quickly, he probably was too

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure Ryansm benched 500 while in HS.
thats insane man. And extremely impressive. I spent quite a bit of time in HS following westside barbell training, I always lifted raw, but I really had a lot of fun and learned some very useful techniques and things that I still apply to this day by training this way for a while.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
I like to look at how much you lift with respect to your weight ;)

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
^also that is important, theres a few big lugs out there that can do it in HS but weigh at least 250+

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
It's 100% possible and you'll actually find this in many, many high schools in the US.
This, its genetics + hard ass work.

I hit 225 at 13, and 350 at 16 (although i was pretty fat by 16)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when i was 17, i was 150 at 5'8". i had no body fat on me. just ripped and was benching 250 so its def possible.

bboyflash

Awards
Ya, its possible, when I went thro my powerlifting phase at age 19, my max bench was 365 at 135lbs....those were the days too bad my joints are shot lol

westhockey32

westhockey32

Awards
365lbs bench weight 135lbs ... UMMMMMM! whats that card game called again ooh yea..... b.s!

I guess its possible is you have mechanical arms/chest

jbotelho6791

jbotelho6791

Awards
buddy weighs 162 and presses 325, so ya i believe it.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
my maxed out at 375 when i was 19, no juicing. Completely possible

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man if only i knew what I know now... might be able to be benching 315... sigh... lol.

jblift

Awards
Yes it is possible. It's called eating whatever you set your eyes on. Well, not literally, but that combo of a teenaged metabolism and hormone production is just great.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I knew a kid like this in high school..could bench 315 weighed 160 about 6 feet tall also. It is a shame though when people like this do not really care about their talents. He stopped lifting and probably could still bench 225 several times even without lifting but I think he is wasting his talents..

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
i have the wonderful ability of not being able to bench S.HIT... ive done everything......... and i mean everything (aside from ph/aas). different routines, westside-esque routines, critical bench routine (that i had to pay for), i quit benching for a while, only did dumbbells for a while, went super heavy for a while, super light for a while, only 3 sets, up to 6+ sets, super sets, benching twice a week, benching twice a month, benching with bands, close grip, wide grip, regular grip, negatives, smith machine, crazy rep schemes (30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 6, etc), focus on triceps, focus on delts, focus on presses ate everything in sight, didnt eat much.... everything...... and i still only bench about 275 (which i hit like 3 years ago, then it went down, then it went back up, then it went down again, now id say thats about where im at)

i guess being 6'2-6'3 shoeless with long ass arms doesnt help..... but its the same way with barbell military... maybe ive got bad shoulders. its ALWAYS been this way.

i recently switched up my form (i was going too high, and flaring my elbows too much).... 6 months later im finally back to where i was, but 'with better form'..... so whenever i see someone doing crazy weight my a) personal experience and b) jealousy makes me assume theyre on something, unless, of course, theyre weak at everything else (some people can just bench a lot, i dont know why)