Clean bulk breakfast.. Grits vs. Oatmeal vs. Ezekiel Bread

  1. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Clean bulk breakfast.. Grits vs. Oatmeal vs. Ezekiel Bread


    On September 5, 2011 I plan on starting my bulk until January. I also plan to start my next cycle sometime in October. Which carb source do you prefer for a clean bulk, bulk in general for breakfast with eggwhites

  2. Registered User
    bboyflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    22900

    Love Ezikial ,I can pound more of it down than the others imo
  3. Registered User
    HamrphisT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    67

    Grits with cheese, and a bagel with some peanut butter!
    "Life is a series of collisions with the future; it is not the sum of what we have been, but what we yearn to be."
    -Jose Ortega y Gasset
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    i'd go with grits or ezekiel, not a huge oats fan
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central U.S.
    Posts
    5,172
    Rep Power
    622615

    Ezekiel makes me fat for some reason. Plus its considerably more costly than oats and doesn't store as well
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  6. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd
    Ezekiel makes me fat for some reason. Plus its considerably more costly than oats and doesn't store as well
    Really? I'm surprised cuz Ezekiel is pretty much whole wheat bread w/out the gluten and flour that's why it's so hard. It's deff more $ than oats. I live in NY and we have this store; Trader Joes and they are pretty good w/ their prices compared to small organic stores
  7. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by HamrphisT
    Grits with cheese, and a bagel with some peanut butter!
    My favorite is Grits, eggwhites and a slice or 2 of fat free cheese.. Mix it in a bowl and eat w/ a spoon. Amazing!
  8. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    6,769
    Rep Power
    3646871

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588

    Really? I'm surprised cuz Ezekiel is pretty much whole wheat bread w/out the gluten and flour that's why it's so hard. It's deff more $ than oats. I live in NY and we have this store; Trader Joes and they are pretty good w/ their prices compared to small organic stores
    Love Trader Joes we have those in AZ too!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  9. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldez5

    Love Trader Joes we have those in AZ too!
    Yeah bro they have pretty decent prices for organic foods. Usually organic stores rip you a new ******* w/ the prices
  10. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    6,769
    Rep Power
    3646871

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588

    Yeah bro they have pretty decent prices for organic foods. Usually organic stores rip you a new ******* w/ the prices
    Whole foods?! I'd be broke!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  11. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldez5

    Whole foods?! I'd be broke!
    Nah I never buy my meats @ Trader Joes I usually just get Ezekiel bread, brown rice pasta, etc. I have a good hookup @ a neighborhood meat store for my bison ground meat and I go to Costco and buy bags of Tilapia. I eat alot of fish
  12. Registered User
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,322
    Rep Power
    1114269

    u sure ezekiel dont have gluten.....it has wheat in it and I think the last ingreadient invlolves the word gluten......do u have any statements saying it is gluten free?
  13. Registered User
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    210

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    My favorite is Grits, eggwhites and a slice or 2 of fat free cheese.. Mix it in a bowl and eat w/ a spoon. Amazing!
    LOL Ronnie Coleman style! I never had the stomach for this, i like grits but i have had leaner gains using oats. Right now i'm eatin a cup and a half but i've been up to 2 tho. I would just blend up some of the oats and drink them w/ protein powder.
    BUT what i've been trying lately is crystal light in my oatmeal, strawberry and rasberry is awesome! Might make it a little easier to go down
  14. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp
    LOL Ronnie Coleman style! I never had the stomach for this, i like grits but i have had leaner gains using oats. Right now i'm eatin a cup and a half but i've been up to 2 tho. I would just blend up some of the oats and drink them w/ protein powder.
    BUT what i've been trying lately is crystal light in my oatmeal, strawberry and rasberry is awesome! Might make it a little easier to go down
    Yeahhhhhhhhhh BUDDY! lmao nah but it's really good and my friend who moved from North Carolina to New York told me about Grits so I gave it a shot a couple of times. It's good just not good to have consistently. Hmmm crystal light I never dared to try that but I do add splenda or sweet n low to my oats and cinnamon. I'll deff take if word for it and try it out!
  15. Registered User
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    210

    ^ you won't be dissappointed man, i thought it sounded gross when my boy told me about it. But it's actually really good!
  16. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp
    ^ you won't be dissappointed man, i thought it sounded gross when my boy told me about it. But it's actually really good!
    Doesn't sound gross @ all dude. Cryst lite is just a sweetener just like splenda. It just has fruity flavors like lemonade and stuff. What flavor CL do you use. I would t want to try it on a nasty flavor w/ oats
  17. Registered User
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    210

    I use the rasberry and the strawberry. my buddy used a pomegranite (sp?) lol
  18. Registered User
    colange2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    24
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    111

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    u sure ezekiel dont have gluten.....it has wheat in it and I think the last ingreadient invlolves the word gluten......do u have any statements saying it is gluten free?
    It does have gluten...its made from sprouted wheat, which is supposedly not as hard to digest compared to regular wheat, but their is still some gluten in there
  19. Registered User
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,322
    Rep Power
    1114269

    Quote Originally Posted by colange2 View Post
    It does have gluten...its made from sprouted wheat, which is supposedly not as hard to digest compared to regular wheat, but their is still some gluten in there
    thought so
  20. Registered User
    wannabelarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    48

    i've always hated oatmeal,,, then i threw in some zero cal splenda and cinnamon (a lot of splenda haha) and i could literally eat tubs of it..

    but as far as which one any of the three will be fine, whatever is affordable and more enjoyable. my prep coach said grits was fine on a prep diet, so i'm sure it's good enough for bulking
  21. Registered User
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,322
    Rep Power
    1114269

    i love some oatmeal! currentyl 1 cup oats with 10 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, some canned pumpkin, sum cinnamon an a little nutmeg, and of course some stevia or splenda! tastes liek friggen pumpkin pie!!!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal
    By Ole Skl in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
  2. Oatmeal for breakfast
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 01:58 PM
  3. Oatmeal meatloaf (lean Bulk/Bulk)
    By sundevil04 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
  4. Ezekiel bread Vs Old fashion oats for breakfast
    By BIGGUNZ401 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
  5. XYIENCE cinnamon oatmeal breakfast bar review
    By RenegadeRows in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 05:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in