Clean bulk breakfast.. Grits vs. Oatmeal vs. Ezekiel Bread

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
On September 5, 2011 I plan on starting my bulk until January. I also plan to start my next cycle sometime in October. Which carb source do you prefer for a clean bulk, bulk in general for breakfast with eggwhites

bboyflash

Awards
Love Ezikial ,I can pound more of it down than the others imo

HamrphisT

HamrphisT

Awards
Grits with cheese, and a bagel with some peanut butter!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd go with grits or ezekiel, not a huge oats fan

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ezekiel makes me fat for some reason. Plus its considerably more costly than oats and doesn't store as well

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Ezekiel makes me fat for some reason. Plus its considerably more costly than oats and doesn't store as well
Really? I'm surprised cuz Ezekiel is pretty much whole wheat bread w/out the gluten and flour that's why it's so hard. It's deff more $ than oats. I live in NY and we have this store; Trader Joes and they are pretty good w/ their prices compared to small organic stores

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Grits with cheese, and a bagel with some peanut butter!
My favorite is Grits, eggwhites and a slice or 2 of fat free cheese.. Mix it in a bowl and eat w/ a spoon. Amazing!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really? I'm surprised cuz Ezekiel is pretty much whole wheat bread w/out the gluten and flour that's why it's so hard. It's deff more $ than oats. I live in NY and we have this store; Trader Joes and they are pretty good w/ their prices compared to small organic stores
Love Trader Joes we have those in AZ too!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah bro they have pretty decent prices for organic foods. Usually organic stores rip you a new ******* w/ the prices
Whole foods?! I'd be broke!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Whole foods?! I'd be broke!
Nah I never buy my meats @ Trader Joes I usually just get Ezekiel bread, brown rice pasta, etc. I have a good hookup @ a neighborhood meat store for my bison ground meat and I go to Costco and buy bags of Tilapia. I eat alot of fish

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
u sure ezekiel dont have gluten.....it has wheat in it and I think the last ingreadient invlolves the word gluten......do u have any statements saying it is gluten free?

SizeUp

Awards
My favorite is Grits, eggwhites and a slice or 2 of fat free cheese.. Mix it in a bowl and eat w/ a spoon. Amazing!
LOL Ronnie Coleman style! I never had the stomach for this, i like grits but i have had leaner gains using oats. Right now i'm eatin a cup and a half but i've been up to 2 tho. I would just blend up some of the oats and drink them w/ protein powder.
BUT what i've been trying lately is crystal light in my oatmeal, strawberry and rasberry is awesome! Might make it a little easier to go down :)

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
LOL Ronnie Coleman style! I never had the stomach for this, i like grits but i have had leaner gains using oats. Right now i'm eatin a cup and a half but i've been up to 2 tho. I would just blend up some of the oats and drink them w/ protein powder.
BUT what i've been trying lately is crystal light in my oatmeal, strawberry and rasberry is awesome! Might make it a little easier to go down :)
Yeahhhhhhhhhh BUDDY! lmao nah but it's really good and my friend who moved from North Carolina to New York told me about Grits so I gave it a shot a couple of times. It's good just not good to have consistently. Hmmm crystal light I never dared to try that but I do add splenda or sweet n low to my oats and cinnamon. I'll deff take if word for it and try it out!

SizeUp

Awards
^ you won't be dissappointed man, i thought it sounded gross when my boy told me about it. But it's actually really good!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
^ you won't be dissappointed man, i thought it sounded gross when my boy told me about it. But it's actually really good!
Doesn't sound gross @ all dude. Cryst lite is just a sweetener just like splenda. It just has fruity flavors like lemonade and stuff. What flavor CL do you use. I would t want to try it on a nasty flavor w/ oats

SizeUp

Awards
I use the rasberry and the strawberry. my buddy used a pomegranite (sp?) lol

colange2

Awards
u sure ezekiel dont have gluten.....it has wheat in it and I think the last ingreadient invlolves the word gluten......do u have any statements saying it is gluten free?
It does have gluten...its made from sprouted wheat, which is supposedly not as hard to digest compared to regular wheat, but their is still some gluten in there

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It does have gluten...its made from sprouted wheat, which is supposedly not as hard to digest compared to regular wheat, but their is still some gluten in there
thought so

wannabelarge

wannabelarge

Awards
i've always hated oatmeal,,, then i threw in some zero cal splenda and cinnamon (a lot of splenda haha) and i could literally eat tubs of it..

but as far as which one any of the three will be fine, whatever is affordable and more enjoyable. my prep coach said grits was fine on a prep diet, so i'm sure it's good enough for bulking ;)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i love some oatmeal! currentyl 1 cup oats with 10 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, some canned pumpkin, sum cinnamon an a little nutmeg, and of course some stevia or splenda! tastes liek friggen pumpkin pie!!!!