Am i eating like a lil' bitch?

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
this is what I had today up until 10:15pm est
Coffee
2x oat meal bar (120-50 cals, 4-9 gram protein each ) I think....,
1/4 serving Russian 5000 gainer/w 1qt milk.
95oz water
2x bAnana
1/2 pound grilled chicken w/ a little lettuce& tomato.
5 oz roasted almonds ( estimate)
2 servings of my sons instant oats ( is peaches and cream good for my diet:)? Serious question: !
3/4 of a roast beef and honey turkey sandwich
1/4 pound grilled chicken, half cup of pasta, few slices of tomato
Will try to drink another 2 cups of milk with half scoop of the russian 5000 gainer.( about an 1/8 a serving )
Another cup of nuts
Am I eating like a lil bitch?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depends on what this all adds up to calorie wise

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
No not necessarily, although you could be eating more and better, and have your diet a little more organized

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
In one word: YUP!

Bro, you're 5'10" and a buck-fiddy! You need to be eating heavy and training heavy!

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
No not necessarily, although you could be eating more and better, and have your diet a little more organized
Better how? I'm trying to organize it , but what would you call organized?
Btw, I. Added. 1/2 scoop of intrapro to my gainer shake

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
And be clear, even though my breakfast was weak, this is an improvement for Me, I been tryin to stuff my face (clean)everyday since the end of July and I'm 153 now, gained +3 gotta change that stat, but im still skinny as ****!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
And be clear, even though my breakfast was weak, this is an improvement for Me, I been tryin to stuff my face (clean)everyday since the end of July and I'm 153 now, gained +3 gotta change that stat, but im still skinny as ****!
At your size, I wouldn't even worry about packing on fat because you're way too skinny! Just eat everything in sight. Lots of meats and fats. It's much easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
for a comparison, (im hoping this will help you create a good plan of your own) this was my bulk diet at 190 pounds.

I think i could have carb cycled and timed carb intake a bit better overall (sometimes i ate rice each meal on off days-yeh i didnt stick to the plan) but i did put on some quality size. If your not too carb sensitive you could drop some of the fats and eat more carbs. If you dont want to get fat on non workout days dont eat rice, just replace the rice with more vegtables.

I used to be really skinny (skinny fat). I was 76kg and couldnt curl 5kgs when i started. The only way to put on size is really focus on your diet and plan your meals. If you have a desk job, cook your meals the night before.

Meal 1 Breakfast.

1 cup of oatmeal with milk: 232 calories, 32.5 carbs, 6.2 fat, 12 grams protien
4 eggs: 286 calories, 1.4 carbs, 19 fat, 25 protien.
Total: 518 calories, 34g carbs, 25g fat, 37 g protien.

Meal 2: 11 am
180 Grams chicken: 300 calories, 0 carbs, 11.7g fat, 50g protien
1 serving steamed vegetables: 70 calories; 13g carbs, 0g fat, 2g protien
Total: 370 calories, 13g carbs, 11.7g fat, 52g protien.

Meal 3: 2 pm
1 cup of brown rice; 216 calories, 45g carbs 1.8g fat, 5g protien.
Total: 516 calories: 45g carbs, 13.5g fat, 55g protien

Meal 4 5pm
250 grams of low fat cottage cheese: 216 calories, 6.8g carbs, 2.5g fat, 31g protien
30 grams of unsulted penuts: 176 calories, 6.5g carbs, 14.9g fat, 7.1 g protien
Total: 392 calories, 13.3g carbs, 17.5 g fat, 38 grams protien

6pm: preworkout shake
Workout: 6:30pm

8pm: post workout shake: 350 calories 14g carbs, 17g fat, 30g protien.

meal 5: 9pm dinner:
150g serlion steak: 282 calories, 0g carbs, 10g fat, 45g protien

total: 566 calories: 58g carbs, 12g fat, 52g protien

Meal 6: 11pm
250 grams of low fat cottage cheese: 216 calories, 6.8g carbs, 2.5g fat, 31g protien

Total:2962 calories: 184g carbs, 99g fat, 295g protien

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3k calories is pretty good .. I think u on right path .. If u gained 3lbs .. Each week keep increasing it by 300cal's .. I think you'll see a diff(hopefully)

How does that Russian5000 mixes and tastes (1/4serving) ??

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
for a comparison, (im hoping this will help you create a good plan of your own) this was my bulk diet at 190 pounds.

I think i could have carb cycled and timed carb intake a bit better overall (sometimes i ate rice each meal on off days-yeh i didnt stick to the plan) but i did put on some quality size. If your not too carb sensitive you could drop some of the fats and eat more carbs. If you dont want to get fat on non workout days dont eat rice, just replace the rice with more vegtables.

I used to be really skinny (skinny fat). I was 76kg and couldnt curl 5kgs when i started. The only way to put on size is really focus on your diet and plan your meals. If you have a desk job, cook your meals the night before.

Meal 1 Breakfast.

1 cup of oatmeal with milk: 232 calories, 32.5 carbs, 6.2 fat, 12 grams protien
4 eggs: 286 calories, 1.4 carbs, 19 fat, 25 protien.
Total: 518 calories, 34g carbs, 25g fat, 37 g protien.

Meal 2: 11 am
Total: 370 calories, 13g carbs, 11.7g fat, 52g protien.

Meal 3: 2 pm
Total: 516 calories: 45g carbs, 13.5g fat, 55g protien

Meal 4 5pm
30 grams of unsulted penuts: 176 calories, 6.5g carbs, 14.9g fat, 7.1 g protien
Total: 392 calories, 13.3g carbs, 17.5 g fat, 38 grams protien

6pm: preworkout shake
Workout: 6:30pm

8pm: post workout shake: 350 calories 14g carbs, 17g fat, 30g protien.

meal 5: 9pm dinner:
150g serlion steak: 282 calories, 0g carbs, 10g fat, 45g protien

total: 566 calories: 58g carbs, 12g fat, 52g protien

Meal 6: 11pm

Total:2962 calories: 184g carbs, 99g fat, 295g protien
Yes this does help, that's what's considered organized , I will try to plan these meals better , I'm not at a desk job , I have the exact opposite , I strip floors in the Bronx in residential buildings, always busy , watching out for tenants cause they will fall with my chemicals on the floor.( seen it happen ) that's why shakes r good for me , can sip and work . My days off I slack because of sleeping late, resting too much. Today I just added a breakfast of 2 eggs 1/4 lb honey turkey and a little lettuce and tomato on the side.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
3k calories is pretty good .. I think u on right path .. If u gained 3lbs .. Each week keep increasing it by 300cal's .. I think you'll see a diff(hopefully)

How does that Russian5000 mixes and tastes (1/4serving) ??
Thanks for the support ,thought I was doing better than I am , I feel better and have been taking monster ****s !:) but I will try to get in as much as I can today.
Russian bear 5000 is sweet , mixes easily ( can shake to mix easssy)
1serving of that **** is 5 scoops w/ 1 gal milk . 1/4 serving is 1 1/4 scoops and a quart of milk 1250 cals. 1/8 serving is 3/4 scoop and two cups of milk 625 cals

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
seriously though, try and get more calories and protein from food, and avoid the shakes if possible. grab some dirty water hot dogs, or some gyros off one of the pushcarts there and chow down on 2 or 3 for lunch. Structure into 3 meals, grazing all day isn't necessary or beneficial.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
seriously though, try and get more calories and protein from food, and avoid the shakes if possible. grab some dirty water hot dogs, or some gyros off one of the pushcarts there and chow down on 2 or 3 for lunch. Structure into 3 meals, grazing all day isn't necessary or beneficial.
Yea I'll stop worrying about being so clean . The shakes help me cause like I said I'm busy and trying to sneak in extra cals. As far as 3 meals , why is it that your talking about 3 meals when all I've ever heard is 6 meals a day? I can add some dirty foods but 3 big ass meals a day would b ideal, it's not possible for me right now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I'll stop worrying about being so clean . The shakes help me cause like I said I'm busy and trying to sneak in extra cals. As far as 3 meals , why is it that your talking about 3 meals when all I've ever heard is 6 meals a day? I can add some dirty foods but 3 big ass meals a day would b ideal, it's not possible for me right now.
you hear 6 meals over and over because tons of people are lunkheads and just spew what they've heard over and over. Other than psychologically there is 0 benefit to more than even 2 meals a day as has been shown by a number of scientific studies. But people like to feel special, so having some crazy multi meals a day and carrying around a cooler bag with little tupperware containers makes them feel like they "really are a bodybuilder".

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, at 3 meals a day, meal 1 would be 6 whole eggs, 1/4lb of bacon, 2 bananas with 4tbsp of almond butter. Lunch could be 12-16 oz of grilled salmon or chicken breasts, 1 1/2 cups of rice or quinoa, an apple with 2tbsp almond butter plus an orange. dinner would be something like the same as lunch, but probably instead of grilled stir fried in coconut oil.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
well, at 3 meals a day, meal 1 would be 6 whole eggs, 1/4lb of bacon, 2 bananas with 4tbsp of almond butter. Lunch could be 12-16 oz of grilled salmon or chicken breasts, 1 1/2 cups of rice or quinoa, an apple with 2tbsp almond butter plus an orange. dinner would be something like the same as lunch, but probably instead of grilled stir fried in coconut oil.
That's it? How many cals is that? I can definitely do something like that easy, sounds much eaiser than what I'm doin , is it the almond butter and coconut oil giving good cals. ?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's it? How many cals is that? I can definitely do something like that easy, sounds much eaiser than what I'm doin , is it the almond butter and coconut oil giving good cals. ?
yeah, you are looking at 700-800 calories from those alone. It might be a little low on calories (not sure without using a calculator), but its close to 3000. Easy enough to add some olive oil on the rice to bump it up anyhow :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually running it through a calculator, its over 4000 calories. I forgot what I used to eat like when bulking :)

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
yeah, you are looking at 700-800 calories from those alone. It might be a little low on calories (not sure without using a calculator), but its close to 3000. Easy enough to add some olive oil on the rice to bump it up anyhow :)
Ok I will try something like that. Did u say 700-800 cals from the oil and butter?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would move to Lean Gains Diet. What time do you train during the day?

Anyways, Lean Gains has been easily helpful for me. Somehow, just some freakin way I've been able to cut fat and gain muscle at a very slow but steady pace. It's weird. Steroids should be the only way to do this but apparently it isn't. I've lost about 1.5% BF and stayed the same in weight pretty much since I started it 6 weeks ago or so. You could eat 3 meals a day, 2 X 800 calories and PW X 1200 calories and add a weight gainer shake around 8-10PM before hitting the sack. You gain then. You'd also feel better, burn fat, and increase in strength if you actually do the timing right and dont cheat it. Your diet is clean enough to make solid gains on this IF diet IMO. Try it.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At your size, I wouldn't even worry about packing on fat because you're way too skinny! Just eat everything in sight. Lots of meats and fats. It's much easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle.
While that could be the case for a few months, he'd wind up like I was if he's not careful. I thought I could eat anything in sight and did so for over a year. Sure, I got up to 165lbs, which is freggin heavy for my height, but my BF was nearly 14%, which no offense to the bigger guys but 14% on my frame sucks balls and looks fatty. I've had to go on a nearly 3 month cut to bring my BF back down to 10%. I'd recommend he eats 300-500 calories over maintenance and keep the diet very clean. Also, a hidden benefit from a clean healthy diet is strength and better cholesterol (which should be important to any weight lifter).

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
I would move to Lean Gains Diet. What time do you train during the day?

Anyways, Lean Gains has been easily helpful for me. Somehow, just some freakin way I've been able to cut fat and gain muscle at a very slow but steady pace. It's weird. Steroids should be the only way to do this but apparently it isn't. I've lost about 1.5% BF and stayed the same in weight pretty much since I started it 6 weeks ago or so. You could eat 3 meals a day, 2 X 800 calories and PW X 1200 calories and add a weight gainer shake around 8-10PM before hitting the sack. You gain then. You'd also feel better, burn fat, and increase in strength if you actually do the timing right and dont cheat it. Your diet is clean enough to make solid gains on this IF diet IMO. Try it.
Training late ,I'm a single dad I,'m only able to go after dinner 9pm the earliest, gym not too crowded also., I was trying to keep it clean haven't had any type of pork( ham, bacon,sausage) ( not a pork chop fan) since starting this new diet. No fast food or junk food. Give an example of your lean gains diet .

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
While that could be the case for a few months, he'd wind up like I was if he's not careful. I thought I could eat anything in sight and did so for over a year. Sure, I got up to 165lbs, which is freggin heavy for my height, but my BF was nearly 14%, which no offense to the bigger guys but 14% on my frame sucks balls and looks fatty. I've had to go on a nearly 3 month cut to bring my BF back down to 10%. I'd recommend he eats 300-500 calories over maintenance and keep the diet very clean. Also, a hidden benefit from a clean healthy diet is strength and better cholesterol (which should be important to any weight lifter).
Give me an example of lean gain diet. I'm not worried about fat, was eating clean for overall health. I do like easy's meal ideas which seem to be 3 meals with high macro count ,meals boosted with high cal sauces and oils. I will post today's meals after dinner

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, so for current lean gains diet for me, I detailed out yesterdays, a workout day

breakfast
2 1/4lb salmon patties each on a whole grain bun, a glass of hood calorie countdown milk, a banana, an orange, a whole grain waffle with real maple syrup, and a glass of pineapple/orange juice

dinner
.86 lbs of thin sliced top sirloin panfried, 8oz (dry weight) kamut/quinoa noodles, a can of red clam sauce and 2 large glasses of red wine

right around 3000 calories for the day for 2 meals. breakfast was at 1pm, dinner at 630

around

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
I would move to Lean Gains Diet. What time do you train during the day?.
Training late 9 pm is the goal, sometimes get there later . I'm a single dad of a ten yr old, gotta do the usual after wrk stuff( cookin, laundry,ect.) then I can go.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
ok, so for current lean gains diet for me, I detailed out yesterdays, a workout day

breakfast
2 1/4lb salmon patties each on a whole grain bun, a glass of hood calorie countdown milk, a banana, an orange, a whole grain waffle with real maple syrup, and a glass of pineapple/orange juice

dinner
.86 lbs of thin sliced top sirloin panfried, 8oz (dry weight) kamut/quinoa noodles, a can of red clam sauce and 2 large glasses of red wine

right around 3000 calories for the day for 2 meals. breakfast was at 1pm, dinner at 630

around
More good ideAs Easy, I never even heard of salmon patties, gotta expand my food list. Still want to hear fueledpassion's lean gain diet. Anyone else with good meals please post ,that's part of what this thread is about also.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sams club has them pretty reasonably priced, you pan fry them from frozen, so they are convenient too, don't need to thaw them first.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
sams club has them pretty reasonably priced, you pan fry them from frozen, so they are convenient too, don't need to thaw them first.
Yea I might have to join Costco , SAMs club is too far.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still want to hear fueledpassion's lean gain diet.
Here you go:

Breakfast between 12:30 - 2PM (it varies from day to day for me)

-4 whole fried eggs (in Canola Oil)
-10oz of Chicken Breast Tenderloins skillet fried in canola and olive oil, spiced w/ Cajun and Creole Seasoning
-Baked Potato or Sweet Potato with the works

Second Meal is sometimes a mini meal for me and I take it in about 3 hours after the first. Today's was:

-3 Cups of Oatmeal Squares
-2 Cups of 1% milk

Thus far my macros are as follows: Fat - 31.95g, Carbs - 194.04g, Prot - 103.49, total Cals ~ 1450

I haven't made up my mind for third meal. But other main entrees that I use are:

-Veggie Burgers
-Deer/Venison
-Duck
-Fresh Catfish or store bought Swai
-An assortment of casseroles and various dishes w/ these different meats
-KASHI cereal (watch out they give you gas) These are SUPER LOADED with macros and micros.

And sides are mostly from garden consisting of:

-Peaches
-Watermelon
-Tomatoes
-Okra
-Squash
-Zucc
-Peppers
-Cucumbers
-Purple Hull Peas
-Wheat and whole grain breads only

And the list goes on really. I typically can and freeze most of the garden stuff to preserve them for winter use. It's imperative to find at least 50% of your daily carbs from fruits and veggies IMO. Just all around better quality. I just mix and match stuff like this. My macro goals look like this per each meal...

Breakfast (on days that I perform a fasted training session)

Protein ~ 75-100g
Carbs ~ < 50g
Fats ~ < 30g

Max caloric intake: 870 calories

2nd meal

Protein ~ 30-50g
Carbs ~ 50-100g
Fats ~ < 15g

Max Caloric Intake ~ 735 calories

Last meal

Protein ~ 25-50g
Carbs ~ 50-75g
Fats ~ < 10g

Max caloric intake ~ 590 calories
Max caloric intake daily ~ 2195 calories

Total macro ranges - Protein ~ 130-200g, Carbs ~ 150-225g, Fats ~ 50-60g

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
Here you go:

Breakfast between 12:30 - 2PM (it varies from day to day for me)

-4 whole fried eggs (in Canola Oil)
-10oz of Chicken Breast Tenderloins skillet fried in canola and olive oil, spiced w/ Cajun and Creole Seasoning
-Baked Potato or Sweet Potato with the works

Second Meal is sometimes a mini meal for me and I take it in about 3 hours after the first. Today's was:

-3 Cups of Oatmeal Squares
-2 Cups of 1% milk

Thus far my macros are as follows: Fat - 31.95g, Carbs - 194.04g, Prot - 103.49, total Cals ~ 1450

I haven't made up my mind for third meal. But other main entrees that I use are:

-Veggie Burgers
-Deer/Venison
-Duck
-Fresh Catfish or store bought Swai
-An assortment of casseroles and various dishes w/ these different meats
-KASHI cereal (watch out they give you gas) These are SUPER LOADED with macros and micros.

And sides are mostly from garden consisting of:

-Peaches
-Watermelon
-Tomatoes
-Okra
-Squash
-Zucc
-Peppers
-Cucumbers
-Purple Hull Peas
-Wheat and whole grain breads only

And the list goes on really. I typically can and freeze most of the garden stuff to preserve them for winter use. It's imperative to find at least 50% of your daily carbs from fruits and veggies IMO. Just all around better quality. I just mix and match stuff like this. My macro goals look like this per each meal...

Breakfast (on days that I perform a fasted training session)

Protein ~ 75-100g
Carbs ~ < 50g
Fats ~ < 30g

Max caloric intake: 870 calories

2nd meal

Protein ~ 30-50g
Carbs ~ 50-100g
Fats ~ < 15g

Max Caloric Intake ~ 735 calories

Last meal

Protein ~ 25-50g
Carbs ~ 50-75g
Fats ~ < 10g

Max caloric intake ~ 590 calories
Max caloric intake daily ~ 2195 calories

Total macro ranges - Protein ~ 130-200g, Carbs ~ 150-225g, Fats ~ 50-60g
That is a good plan, but I have a fast metabolism would it not be better for me to go up in weight and come down? Your meal plan looks good for someone heavier than me basically trying to get enough macros to train without over eating - a matinence program-.,, I'm trying to bulk up and also get my body accustomed to packing it in, watever changes I make are for life or until I get where I want to be and focus on matinence, ive not paid my diet the proper attention until now so this is an overdue lifestyle change for me ,one thing I know is eating like this makes me feel good. My body is craving more the more I eat, I'm eating a hamburger pattie and rotinni while I'm typing this right now! Still have dinner to go ! But fueledP those are just questions I'm askin, not ****ting on your point.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is a good plan, but I have a fast metabolism would it not be better for me to go up in weight and come down? Your meal plan looks good for someone heavier than me basically trying to get enough macros to train without over eating - a matinence program-.,, I'm trying to bulk up and also get my body accustomed to packing it in, watever changes I make are for life or until I get where I want to be and focus on matinence, ive not paid my diet the proper attention until now so this is an overdue lifestyle change for me ,one thing I know is eating like this makes me feel good. My body is craving more the more I eat, I'm eating a hamburger pattie and rotinni while I'm typing this right now! Still have dinner to go ! But fueledP those are just questions I'm askin, not ****ting on your point.
A few extra reasons/explanations for the Lean Gains Diet:

1) It controls appetite very effectively once you've established the routine
2) It doesn't dictate what you eat or even how much, it only calls for nutrient timing. All that really matters is that your PW meal is the largest. Ideally, you would do fasted training, break the fast with a post-workout meal that is large and full of protein. The timing is all the same on Lean Gains, the only thing that changes is the caloric intake and the macro ratios - all of which are dictated by your goals. The creator of this diet has 3 different protocols. You should look them up honestly. His website is very informative and interesting to say the least.

And I noticed you mentioned something about my diet being maintenance for a larger individual..did you see my weight? Metabolism doesn't get any faster than what mine is currently. It just can't really unless you are a runner that trains for marathons/triatholon's. I'm trying to help you do this the right way because the right way is easier and more satisfying in the end. No need going off and making yourself fat then having to cut it back down. Let's try and pack on pure muscle...slow and steady. We want to put on mass without adding fat, correct? Well IMO the IF is the way to go. During that 16hrs, your insulin sensitivity goes way up, moreso than a normal 8-12 hour fasting period. Because you make your body "super sensitive" to insulin every day, your body becomes more anabolic every time you eat. Because every time you eat your insulin is released to do it's work. Your body responds to the insulin spike during your meal like it's the first time, like it's a virgin. Thus, a more dramatic result in anabolic activity. And since the Lean Gains Diet lets you eat like a king for 8hr..you get big satisfying meals that DO NOT reduce your metabolic rate. The advice to eat several tiny meals a day does not add up to real truth. It's a good plan if you want to be inconvenienced and always hungry tho. So you decided brotha.

Oh and one more thing, I know there is alot of bro science around here that you have to eat 2g protein per lb of body weight to have nice results in muscle mass. This simply isn't true. Sure, you'll grow with that amount, but you might also be wasting protein, taxing the kidneys, and possibly storing up fats too. All you need is about 1-1.25g of protein per lb of body weight for mass gains. It's plenty. If you eat 1.5g/lb and are still losing weight and muscle mass, it's because you are not eating enough carbs and fats. Hope this helps, sir.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can say you have a fast metabolism, but what is the point in spending 6 months to get fat then 4 months to get lean again, and need to have 3 different sizes in clothes to switch back and forth from ?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can say you have a fast metabolism, but what is the point in spending 6 months to get fat then 4 months to get lean again, and need to have 3 different sizes in clothes to switch back and forth from ?
Ditto.

I did that last year and am undoing it now. I just don't want anyone else to do it like this too.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
A few extra reasons/explanations for the Lean Gains Diet:

1) It controls appetite very effectively once you've established the routine
2) It doesn't dictate what you eat or even how much, it only calls for nutrient timing. All that really matters is that your PW meal is the largest. Ideally, you would do fasted training, break the fast with a post-workout meal that is large and full of protein. The timing is all the same on Lean Gains, the only thing that changes is the caloric intake and the macro ratios - all of which are dictated by your goals. The creator of this diet has 3 different protocols. You should look them up honestly. His website is very informative and interesting to say the least.

And I noticed you mentioned something about my diet being maintenance for a larger individual..did you see my weight? Metabolism doesn't get any faster than what mine is currently. It just can't really unless you are a runner that trains for marathons/triatholon's. I'm trying to help you do this the right way because the right way is easier and more satisfying in the end. No need going off and making yourself fat then having to cut it back down. Let's try and pack on pure muscle...slow and steady. We want to put on mass without adding fat, correct? Well IMO the IF is the way to go. During that 16hrs, your insulin sensitivity goes way up, moreso than a normal 8-12 hour fasting period. Because you make your body "super sensitive" to insulin every day, your body becomes more anabolic every time you eat. Because every time you eat your insulin is released to do it's work. Your body responds to the insulin spike during your meal like it's the first time, like it's a virgin. Thus, a more dramatic result in anabolic activity. And since the Lean Gains Diet lets you eat like a king for 8hr..you get big satisfying meals that DO NOT reduce your metabolic rate. The advice to eat several tiny meals a day does not add up to real truth. It's a good plan if you want to be inconvenienced and always hungry tho. So you decided brotha.

Oh and one more thing, I know there is alot of bro science around here that you have to eat 2g protein per lb of body weight to have nice results in muscle mass. This simply isn't true. Sure, you'll grow with that amount, but you might also be wasting protein, taxing the kidneys, and possibly storing up fats too. All you need is about 1-1.25g of protein per lb of body weight for mass gains. It's plenty. If you eat 1.5g/lb and are still losing weight and muscle mass, it's because you are not eating enough carbs and fats. Hope this helps, sir.
Yes it's a big help thanks , but I would have to study up on it cause I'm a lil confused, maybe cause it's a foriegn strategy to me, I'll look into it , but like you said the common knowledge is the small meal stratagy , whether u agree with it or not. It's most of what I know. But your way looks alot more convinient , I'm willing to try different things. But please google Ed Byrd's "principles of nutrition" check it out it's old but the frame work is what I use for my intake .

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
You r right easy but I was tryin to eat clean, it was someone here who told me just eat every thing in sight , I liked the first plan you showed me, wasn't any garbage food in it. I have to study how lean gain diet works for me be cyst believe me I'm feeling good , but would love to cut some meals out, save time less hassle , basiscally sound like the idea is to Set your body up to get it's nutrient right after a workout when it is primed to absorb everything you put in post workout then eat again later when metabolic rate goes back up for dinner.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
Ditto.

I did that last year and am undoing it now. I just don't want anyone else to do it like this too.
Thanks for looking out but I need time to change what I'm doin now, I'm so used to it now ,and it was a challenge for me to get here , and stay here . I will try

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You r right easy but I was tryin to eat clean, it was someone here who told me just eat every thing in sight , I liked the first plan you showed me, wasn't any garbage food in it. I have to study how lean gain diet works for me be cyst believe me I'm feeling good , but would love to cut some meals out, save time less hassle , basiscally sound like the idea is to Set your body up to get it's nutrient right after a workout when it is primed to absorb everything you put in post workout then eat again later when metabolic rate goes back up for dinner.
You sort of got that concept right, lol. Metabolic rate increases per caloric intake and lifestyle, not frequency of meals. So, the bigger the meal, the greater the increase in metabolic activity. There is a study showing this result. Lean Gains author references such abstracts.

Also, You can break your fast at 3pm every day with a 800 calorie meal. Have another one around 7pm about the same size, go workout at 9pm or so and have largest meal being post-workout meal late at night. End fast at 11pm. Do it over and over again every day..

It might also help for you to get your BMR setup as well. Using the calculator and a few guessing numbers, I'd say your BMR is around 1715 calories which is about what mine is too. With a moderate activity lifestyle you need about 2650 calories to maintain weight. +300 calories per day and you'll have good steady gains IMO.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
You sort of got that concept right, lol. Metabolic rate increases per caloric intake and lifestyle, not frequency of meals. So, the bigger the meal, the greater the increase in metabolic activity. There is a study showing this result. Lean Gains author references such abstracts.

Also, You can break your fast at 3pm every day with a 800 calorie meal. Have another one around 7pm about the same size, go workout at 9pm or so and have largest meal being post-workout meal late at night. End fast at 11pm. Do it over and over again every day..

It might also help for you to get your BMR setup as well. Using the calculator and a few guessing numbers, I'd say your BMR is around 1715 calories which is about what mine is too. With a moderate activity lifestyle you need about 2650 calories to maintain weight. +300 calories per day and you'll have good steady gains IMO.
Ok 2 large meals after fast ,bigger meal post work out, bmr? Has to do with height , age, and weight right? My work is very active. As you know this plan is very different from what I'm doing now, almost opposite , let me do some research/planning and get back to you . When I have an out line I'll show you and you can let me know what u think.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
This is what I had today:
Coffee
2 oatmeal bars
1/4 lb.honey turkey
2eggs
Lettuce tomato
1/4 serving Russian bear 5000 gainer (1250 cals/w 1 quart milk)
2bananas
1/2 pound grilled chicken w/ lettuce &
tomato
3/4 lb. burger w/ pasta
Cup of nuts
1 tilapia fillet 1/2 cup pasta
late post Srry I fell asleep :p

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
Today's my day off ,always ****ing up
On this day cause I sleep late.

HomeWorkouts

Awards
yeah Easy's definitely on the money with that one. Almonds have so many health benefits it's crazy, and they have a high "good" fat content that helps you add calories. Coconut is similar but does have some saturated fat so be careful. I wouldn't worry though since you workout, you have a physical job, and you want to gain weight.

Turnitup122

Awards
I'd eat more whole food.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
actually running it through a calculator, its over 4000 calories. I forgot what I used to eat like when bulking :)
Can you tell me what calculator ur using? And is there any app or online calculator where u can enter in food names, and portion sizes to get macro info?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fitday.com, nutrtiondata.com and livestrong.com all are pretty good. Check them all out, see which has more of what you usually eat