Quick Bulking Meals?

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
between work and school i find little time to work out or eat. i do get around to lifting everyday but as for meals im relying on a lot of shakes and tuna, which is wreaking havoc on my stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions for quick meals for bulking? im not too concerned about price, but im lacking the time it takes to prepare meals. i'd like to stay away from things like instant rice because of the excessive amount of sodium.

Does anyone have any suggestions for quick, high calorie and protein rich meals?

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
oops, i asked the same question twice...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bagels (not a meal, i know, but a quality bulking snack)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Carry a jar of natty PB around with you

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
well other than the foods you mentioned for quick quality protein (tuna), and shakes aren't quality per say; I am stumped. If tuna doesn't suffice and your looking for high protein and high calories, then go get some burgers brah. Other than that your outta luck and should prepare your food the night before brahh

Turnitup122

Awards
What's with people saying brah on bodybuilding forums? Iv honestly never great anyone say that in real life

Turnitup122

Awards
Heard not great. Effing spellcheck

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
i say brah all the time in real life

anyways, i always carried around shakes in water bottles and a bag of nuts. grind up oatmeal and add it to your shake if you need to or a pb sammich

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I've been contemplating this as I'm commuting an hour to NY each day and wanna hit quick meals. I came up with this idea for a wrap but haven't tried it. Using a cajun seasoned chicken breast sliced on whole grain pita and black beans with some lettuce, spices, and a layer of hummus on the pita. Mad protein, moderate wheat and legume carbs some chic pea fats.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
What's with people saying brah on bodybuilding forums? Iv honestly never great anyone say that in real life
I use "brah" all the time in real life, to be a douche and because Zyzz the god did. The only phrase i dont care for is natty, it only abbreviates for 2 characters. whatever though, its short and catchy to most.

Swollrus

Awards
Try preparing food in bulk. I buy bags of frozen chicken breast from Costco and thaw out 4-6 at a time in the fridge the night before I want to cook them. Toss them all on the grill and whatever you don't eat right then stick in a tupperware container and put it in the fridge. Do the same with brown/wild rice. Just make a bunch all at once and toss whatever you don't eat in the fridge. For the next few days all you have to do is nuke it in the microwave for a few minutes. You got your quality protein and carbs right there.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^Costco and BJs love me for this. I'll blow 300 in one shot and it lasts me weeks.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
BRAH

kc777

kc777

Banned
Awards
Here is one of my favorite bulking shakes I use when I need to eat on the go.

2 scoops whey
10 oz milk (I always used skim but it all works)
I frozen banana
1 HUGE scoop of natty peanut butter
1/2 cup of raw oats

It's a big freakin shake, but I've gone as high as a 1000 kcals on these and you can make them in the morning and toss it in a cooler and drink whenever you want to get huge BRAH!

ChrisSurf

Awards
Here is one of my favorite bulking shakes I use when I need to eat on the go.

2 scoops whey
10 oz milk (I always used skim but it all works)
I frozen banana
1 HUGE scoop of natty peanut butter
1/2 cup of raw oats

It's a big freakin shake, but I've gone as high as a 1000 kcals on these and you can make them in the morning and toss it in a cooler and drink whenever you want to get huge BRAH!
I think some people may down that though and may have to watch where their going ...for all teh farting and bathroom stops lol. Doesn't seem to bother me, but I know so many that large shakes do that to lol

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
I dont know if any of you guys have ever tried this, but i eat a lot of White Albacore Tuna and it has a pretty harsh taste compared to regular tuna so like 3 weeks ago i tried putting A1 sauce on it and it tastes AMAZING. Same taste and consistency as steak but the only downside is that its cold, so it tastes like a cold steak. I dont know if i would like warm tuna.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I think some people may down that though and may have to watch where their going ...for all teh farting and bathroom stops lol. Doesn't seem to bother me, but I know so many that large shakes do that to lol
I find the choice in vegetables plays a bigger role in my "emissions" over the protein. I can manage Whey and shakes but broccoli is a problem.As for tuna suggested above, I like to cut up a lettuce head in blocks instead of chopped leaves. Either add nuts if your stomach can manage or better to go with nut oils like sesame or grape seed. Add Apple cider vinegar- great when dieting or just to help keep down wet weight during bulk.

Leonadus

Awards
The basic diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods. carbohydrate
is also assential part for the weight gain. The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown
rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruit.

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
The basic diet for weight gain that should contain nutritious, high calorie foods. carbohydrate
is also assential part for the weight gain. The diet for the carbohydrate meal bread, potatoes, brown
rice, pasta, couscous,fresh and dried fruit.
...Obviously. I was asking for recipes.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised no one has mentioned what is MY personal favorite quick bulk meal.

Deli Meat. I usually go to some sort of grocery store and buy a good 3lb of Salami, Peperoni and whatnot, and will snack away on that. A lot of protein, some fat, and if you want to really go all out, stack em up and put it in a bagel with a lot of cheese. Delicious and can be eaten anywhere!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Deli meat is a good option other than it's high in sodium and high in fat! Who cares about sodium temporarily, but you could opt for 96% lean turkey breast. It is somewhat expensive like around 6$ a pound though.

baitslinger

baitslinger

Awards
McDonalds BRAH.

If you work chest hard, and then go to McDonalds, you going to need a BRAH for your pecs! :)

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
^ I actually laughed :toofunny:

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
The boneless skinless chicken breasts idea is one of the best on here. You can Emeril that **** up like no other. BAM! Cook chicken/brown rice one night and youve got lunches for a few days. Then you can always take another night to cook up some spaghetti and meatballs. Just like the chicken it lasts a few days, and not only that, but it seems to taste better after a day or two. Just finding little ways to spice up the simple foods goes a long way. Tuna helper is another option although its higher in sodium and better to make that meal from scratch.

If i remember correctly, there was a thread on here dedicated to jazzing up tuna in tons of different ways. Might want to take a look at that too.

misterj

Awards
You can't take a couple hours once a week to cook some stuff? Chicken breasts will keep for a week in the fridge, and you can cook a whole bag on the grill in 30 minutes. Actually, it's the same with almost any meat. Also, it takes even less time to use a CROCK POT. It MIGHT take 15 minutes in the morning before work (or before you go to bed - it will be ready by morning), throw in a huge roast with some potatoes, onions, or whatever you want in a pot, turn it on and go. Whole chickens, roasts, chicken breasts, any vegetables, pretty much anything. You can even add rice in the pot with the roast and let it all cook together. Let it cook for you while you sleep! Grab the food in the morning, and immediately put something else in the pot to cook for the day. Since you're bulking, it might be nice to have a 3lb roast and plenty of rice to chew on during the day.

cbruno924

cbruno924

Awards
Damn this thread is making me hungry as hell....

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Deli meat is a good option other than it's high in sodium and high in fat! Who cares about sodium temporarily, but you could opt for 96% lean turkey breast. It is somewhat expensive like around 6$ a pound though.
If it's a bulk why are you going to be so concerned with the fat? I welcome fat, especially meat fat, when I'm on a bulk.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find the choice in vegetables plays a bigger role in my "emissions" over the protein. I can manage Whey and shakes but broccoli is a problem.As for tuna suggested above, I like to cut up a lettuce head in blocks instead of chopped leaves. Either add nuts if your stomach can manage or better to go with nut oils like sesame or grape seed. Add Apple cider vinegar- great when dieting or just to help keep down wet weight during bulk.
Apple cider vinegar? No sh1t? How does it help?

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
If it's a bulk why are you going to be so concerned with the fat? I welcome fat, especially meat fat, when I'm on a bulk.
Well I mean thats your opinion, I like to get my calories from good sources of fat even on a bulk. Saturated fats just for the sake of extra calories isn't what I prefer. To each their own, I don't like getting above 12% bodyfat in my bulk. I don't use "bulking" as an excuse to get fat. There is no "off-season." However, just how I do things.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
I agree with jaja...why would you want garbage fat. I also don't get too high bodyfat wise offseason, an rarely eat junky stuff like salami...also just my opinion, I just don't see any advantage

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
You can bake a big pan of sweet potatoes and eat or add to pancakes etc. Make a good amount Of wheat pasta and mix in ground turkey with some red sauce. Make a pot of brown rice and eat plain or mix with eggs/meat to make stir fry, put in burritos/wraps, etc etc

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I mean, to each its own, indeed. I just don't see animal fat as bad fat. It's no vegetable oil, lard, or anything like that, it's just animal fat. Doesn't mean either you will be going all out or ignoring everything else, just because it's a bulk doesn't mean you're not going to be counting calories, right? And if you are indeed counting calories and aiming to be at, say, 400 over your max caloric intake, no reason to ignore some extra animal fat.

Of course, I'm going to be extremely bias considering I run on the Anabolic Diet and have been for the better of this past year. So the extra fat is all taken in consideration when I'm looking at my macros and overall calories throughout the day. After all, it's not the fat or no fat that will make you gain extra lbs, it's the amount of calories you eat at the end of the day that will be the reigning factor and how much you've worked out that day.

So we can agree to disagree as obviously there are two different approaches. But all of that aside, there's always Macadamia Oil that can be added into any protein shake or whatnot and that will add 130cal per tablespoon. Easy cals.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Yeah as long as it's accounted for in macros it's ok, I just dislike all the processing and junk stuff they put in something like salami...it's not just animal fat lol. There's a difference between a steak and salami (which I'd hardly consider to be meat). As you said, to each their own ;)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean, to each its own, indeed. I just don't see animal fat as bad fat. It's no vegetable oil, lard, or anything like that, it's just animal fat. Doesn't mean either you will be going all out or ignoring everything else, just because it's a bulk doesn't mean you're not going to be counting calories, right? And if you are indeed counting calories and aiming to be at, say, 400 over your max caloric intake, no reason to ignore some extra animal fat.

Of course, I'm going to be extremely bias considering I run on the Anabolic Diet and have been for the better of this past year. So the extra fat is all taken in consideration when I'm looking at my macros and overall calories throughout the day. After all, it's not the fat or no fat that will make you gain extra lbs, it's the amount of calories you eat at the end of the day that will be the reigning factor and how much you've worked out that day.

So we can agree to disagree as obviously there are two different approaches. But all of that aside, there's always Macadamia Oil that can be added into any protein shake or whatnot and that will add 130cal per tablespoon. Easy cals.
Got ya in 2 diff threads... Anabolic diet?

**NM I found a legit web site with info.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
Carry a jar of natty PB around with you
All the way w this one^. Cheap, good tasting, and 8-9 tbsps give you between 900-1100. (I do like 2-3 tbsps at each meal, Dessert.yum)
I would reccomend making sure you eat a Primary protein source with this tho(eggs meat) b/c PB is a secondary PRO and doesn't have ALL the necessary aminos in it.

Yammmp. Gotta keep those hormone levels in check. :)