Help a gainer out

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im always trying to find a weight gainer with the most servings for the least amount of money per serving. Must have over 50g protein and over 500-600 calories.

Examples: Muscle Juice goes for $35 with about 19 servings thats like $1.84 a serving.
Universal Real Gains $44 with 31 servings which is like $1.41 a serving.

I spend too much time everyday checking prices on every site and take gainers year round. So I always try to find the best price since I rely on them. If anyone can help me out that would be great. Of course I will distribute my massive amount of rep power BOOM

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
CynoSport CytoGainer for 20$.

54g Protein. 89% Lactose Free. 97% Fat Free. 3g Creatine. 2g Glutamine. Pre-digested Whey Peptides. Complex Carbs ONLY! No Sucrose, Fructose, Aspartame.

You can get a 6lb tub for 34$ also.

Colochine

Colochine

Awards
  • Established
CynoSport CytoGainer for 20$.

54g Protein. 89% Lactose Free. 97% Fat Free. 3g Creatine. 2g Glutamine. Pre-digested Whey Peptides. Complex Carbs ONLY! No Sucrose, Fructose, Aspartame.

You can get a 6lb tub for 34$ also.
MUSCLE MILK!!!!!

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive tried them all and I mean almost every single weight gainer been taking them all year for years now. and honestly they all give me the same benefits. Thats why I like to find the cheapest per serving. But like the 3.3 lb tub of cyto gainer comes with 10 servings which brings it to $2 a serving.

No worries I think the Universal Gains is my best bet for $1.41 a serving. I was just reaching out to see if anyone else has my same gameplan

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Yah, the Cyto has 4 more grams of protein then the Universal Gains i think though.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taste the best, but overall it started to make me fat, and it was overpriced.
haha at least your honest. Around this point two years ago I forgot what I was taking but I definitely was losing all my definition it was either a weider or a muscle juice 2600. Also Im sure my diet wasnt as good as it shouldve been. I was just playing the number game on the scale when I should always play the mirror game.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
haha at least your honest. Around this point two years ago I forgot what I was taking but I definitely was losing all my definition it was either a weider or a muscle juice 2600. Also Im sure my diet wasnt as good as it shouldve been. I was just playing the number game on the scale when I should always play the mirror game.
Yea Muscle Milk will make you fat if your not doing any cardio, but that Cyto **** is good tho.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just get 100% whey 77 servings for like 45 bucks and add your own stuff to make it a weight gainer. plus it will be better cause its coming from real foods, not a powder. like add 2 eggs, fruits, 1 scoop ice cream, oats...etc

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
since you have experienced gyno symptoms, i would take out DAA. other than that it looks fine, i would just choose different products than you did. but to each his own

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why shakes, particularly gainer ones year round?

I'd say you are better off with a half of a 12oz can of tuna ($2 total, so $1/serving) 2 slices of white bread and some mayo. Its better than gainers are, hits your caloric goal too.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I'd say you are better off with a half of a 12oz can of tuna ($2 total, so $1/serving) 2 slices of white bread and some mayo. Its better than gainers are, hits your caloric goal too.
cause shakes are easier and quicker for people on the go

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
since you have experienced gyno symptoms, i would take out DAA. other than that it looks fine, i would just choose different products than you did. but to each his own
sorry just saw this. Yeah i took out that, the recycle and creatine. Ive been feeling very bloated lately when I never do and think a lot of it has to do with the creatine bc mostly everything is a regular. I just started creatine over a month ago so Im pretty sure Im gonna look and feel a lot better after my pct.

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

My metabolism is ridiculously fast if I dont have a certain amount of calories a day I drop lbs like you wouldnt believe. And like R1 said you cant beat the convenience.Yeah Ill have a few cans of tuna for lunch with a teaspoon of olive oil :thumbsup:

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ON Serious Mass. Consider it. It comes in dog-food-sized bags lol and has alot of calories and protein in it andfomr what I remember it is pretty cheap too.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ON Serious Mass. Consider it. It comes in dog-food-sized bags lol and has alot of calories and protein in it andfomr what I remember it is pretty cheap too.
i used to use that for years until it started to give me a huge bloat when i was on it. now i take ISO MASS on a bulk. when i cant afford it, i make my own.

PhillyFreak22

PhillyFreak22

Awards
why would you need to eat every 2 hours on a bulk diet?
It floors your metabolism and enables you to consume all the cals. Force feeding has been what works best for me and my clientel

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It floors your metabolism and enables you to consume all the cals. Force feeding has been what works best for me and my clientel
no, the number of meals a day doesn't change your metabolism at all, and plenty of people have no issue consuming 1500-1800 calories per meal.

PhillyFreak22

PhillyFreak22

Awards
no, the number of meals a day doesn't change your metabolism at all, and plenty of people have no issue consuming 1500-1800 calories per meal.
I'm not gonna argue. I know what I know and you know what you know.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and just to be clear, i'm not at all saying you'll get worse results from eating every 2 hours (just not any better), and or that nobody has an issue putting down 3 1500 cal meals a day. But for plenty of people a half pound of bacon and 6 whole eggs with oatmeal is an ok sized breakfast, and with two other large calorie meals they will bulk exactly as successfully as the same calories + macros spread over 6 or 8 meals.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
2nd time I'm hearing this same debate. It might need it own thread. Let's get some professional nutritionists to weigh in on this . My thought is both are correct, if that's possible !!
Another thought is spread out meals are for people on the go, who are without the time to cook then sit and eat a larger meal. Sounds funny cause u think 6 meals is more of a hassle but throwing a little meal together and scarfing it may be better for someone on the go, idk just a though I'm having while on the bowl taking a ****!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm definitely not saying splitting into more meals is worse, and if you have issues with larger meals it can be handy. but total calories + same macros there is 0 difference outside of mental or comfort. for some people on the go more meals is more convenient, for some its less. So fitting the number of meals to the individual is what is important since it otherwise makes no difference.

Same with losing fat, there's no fat loss or metabolic difference from 2 meals to 8 for the same calories + macros, just a case of whether you're happier feeling slightly hungry all day, but never really hungry or whether you'd rather feel full 2 or 3 times a day and be hungry inbetween. Mental difference so the meal plan should be based on that individual.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah after 16hrs of fasting I have eaten as much as 1500 calories in one meal. And I'm a little guy, too!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only point i will make against the larger meals at one time is your body can only consume a certain amount of protein at a time. if you eat a 1k calorie meal with 70g of protein, you might as well piss half of that out. that is one reason why i like to eat spread out meals.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only point i will make against the larger meals at one time is your body can only consume a certain amount of protein at a time. if you eat a 1k calorie meal with 70g of protein, you might as well piss half of that out. that is one reason why i like to eat spread out meals.
untrue, sorry. Please point to something scientific that actually supports that.

Beef eaten solo is digesting in your stomach 4-5 hours, and in your intestinal tract for at least that long. The whole time your body is absorbing nutrients including protein from it.

Daddydee

Daddydee

Awards
Anything to back that up?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything to back that up?
About as much info as u have towards eating several small meals a day. But reallu this is one or two studies showing that the metabolic rate is increased proportionately to the amount of calories. Ur body doesnt give a crap what ratio of macros u bring in. It doesnt bias towards one over the others. That just wouldnt make any sense.Look at it from a survival mechanism. What if all u had was predominantly protein as ur source of caloric intake, and very little fats and carbs. Would ur body then waste anything past 40g protein per every 2-3 hours? On top of the fact that tjis theory was created for marketing purposes, it is also nothjng more than a theory with no realistic study showing otherwise and furthermore is an insult to common sense. Go read everything and every link in the Lean Gains website and see for urself.Also, since I've started the lean gains dirt I have lost about 6-7lbs, some of that being body fat and since my strength jas increased by as much as 50lbs in some lift (i.e. incline bench press and tricep press downs), I'm inclined to believe that the diet does in fact work far more effectively especially since I used to do what u currently swear by. Moreso, my SMALLEST meals are 500 calories with 40+ grams of protein. Hard to believe my body is wasting protein as my strength and muscle mass steadily increase. BTW- I bring in about (.8)grams/lb of body mass in protein which is something around 120g/day