Help a gainer out

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Never enough

and just to be clear, i'm not at all saying you'll get worse results from eating every 2 hours (just not any better), and or that nobody has an issue putting down 3 1500 cal meals a day. But for plenty of people a half pound of bacon and 6 whole eggs with oatmeal is an ok sized breakfast, and with two other large calorie meals they will bulk exactly as successfully as the same calories + macros spread over 6 or 8 meals.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

2. 2nd time I'm hearing this same debate. It might need it own thread. Let's get some professional nutritionists to weigh in on this . My thought is both are correct, if that's possible !!
    Another thought is spread out meals are for people on the go, who are without the time to cook then sit and eat a larger meal. Sounds funny cause u think 6 meals is more of a hassle but throwing a little meal together and scarfing it may be better for someone on the go, idk just a though I'm having while on the bowl taking a ****!!
    •   

3. Never enough

I'm definitely not saying splitting into more meals is worse, and if you have issues with larger meals it can be handy. but total calories + same macros there is 0 difference outside of mental or comfort. for some people on the go more meals is more convenient, for some its less. So fitting the number of meals to the individual is what is important since it otherwise makes no difference.

Same with losing fat, there's no fat loss or metabolic difference from 2 meals to 8 for the same calories + macros, just a case of whether you're happier feeling slightly hungry all day, but never really hungry or whether you'd rather feel full 2 or 3 times a day and be hungry inbetween. Mental difference so the meal plan should be based on that individual.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

4. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    no, the number of meals a day doesn't change your metabolism at all, and plenty of people have no issue consuming 1500-1800 calories per meal.
    yeah after 16hrs of fasting I have eaten as much as 1500 calories in one meal. And I'm a little guy, too!

5. the only point i will make against the larger meals at one time is your body can only consume a certain amount of protein at a time. if you eat a 1k calorie meal with 70g of protein, you might as well piss half of that out. that is one reason why i like to eat spread out meals.
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

use code "R1balla" to receive a discount
    •   

6. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    the only point i will make against the larger meals at one time is your body can only consume a certain amount of protein at a time. if you eat a 1k calorie meal with 70g of protein, you might as well piss half of that out. that is one reason why i like to eat spread out meals.
    untrue, sorry. Please point to something scientific that actually supports that.

Beef eaten solo is digesting in your stomach 4-5 hours, and in your intestinal tract for at least that long. The whole time your body is absorbing nutrients including protein from it.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

7. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla
    the only point i will make against the larger meals at one time is your body can only consume a certain amount of protein at a time. if you eat a 1k calorie meal with 70g of protein, you might as well piss half of that out. that is one reason why i like to eat spread out meals.
    Anything to back that up?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Daddydee View Post
    Anything to back that up?
    About as much info as u have towards eating several small meals a day. But reallu this is one or two studies showing that the metabolic rate is increased proportionately to the amount of calories. Ur body doesnt give a crap what ratio of macros u bring in. It doesnt bias towards one over the others. That just wouldnt make any sense.Look at it from a survival mechanism. What if all u had was predominantly protein as ur source of caloric intake, and very little fats and carbs. Would ur body then waste anything past 40g protein per every 2-3 hours? On top of the fact that tjis theory was created for marketing purposes, it is also nothjng more than a theory with no realistic study showing otherwise and furthermore is an insult to common sense. Go read everything and every link in the Lean Gains website and see for urself.Also, since I've started the lean gains dirt I have lost about 6-7lbs, some of that being body fat and since my strength jas increased by as much as 50lbs in some lift (i.e. incline bench press and tricep press downs), I'm inclined to believe that the diet does in fact work far more effectively especially since I used to do what u currently swear by. Moreso, my SMALLEST meals are 500 calories with 40+ grams of protein. Hard to believe my body is wasting protein as my strength and muscle mass steadily increase. BTW- I bring in about (.8)grams/lb of body mass in protein which is something around 120g/day
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. best weight gainer
    By Swoldierboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 11:29 PM
  2. Need help with a Weight Gainer
    By hearno in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
  3. Heavyweight gainer 900?
    By xtatic in forum Supplements