38 year old - Considering taking dbol

P

peterbilt6747

Awards
I am 38 years old, in good shape and healthy. I'm 5'11" and 180lbs. I've been working out as a hobby for about 4 years now. When I started, I was 205lbs with no muscle at all. Now I'm 180lbs with some muscle definition, but have been in this shape for quite a while now and can't seem to make any progress. I've been reading up on dbol lately and thinking I might try a cycle or 2. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated as honestly, I know nothing about it except for what I've read on the internet.

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I took it while in college. Many people will say take 50 or so mg per day. I had good results out of 10 and 20 mg per day. Make sure you take the proper stuff on cycle and after. Dbol I think is a prolactin derivative so read up on that. Liver protection is a good idea even with low dose dbol. A test booster for after the cycle and you will be good to go.
BUT
Do all your homework before you start

P

peterbilt6747

Awards
Thanks dirtwarrior. The stuff I have is in 25mg pills, do you think 25mg's per day would be to much? I already have a test boost, but I'm wondering about that to. Should I take the test while I'm taking the dbol, or wait till after?

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I am new to this too. I think the test boost is after and liver support is during.
You might try 25 mg and see how you respond. My way of thinking that slower leaner gains are easier to keep. I blew up with water anything more than 20 so that is why I took less.
Every one responds different. 25 might be your sweet spot. If it is to much break them in half and make them last twice as long

M

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Read... You need a real pct.... Post cycle therapy not just a test booster...... And some like 25mg others like 75mg depends on who you are.... And sides vs gains for your body...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 38 years old, in good shape and healthy. I'm 5'11" and 180lbs. I've been working out as a hobby for about 4 years now. When I started, I was 205lbs with no muscle at all. Now I'm 180lbs with some muscle definition, but have been in this shape for quite a while now and can't seem to make any progress. I've been reading up on dbol lately and thinking I might try a cycle or 2. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated as honestly, I know nothing about it except for what I've read on the internet.
first off, what are your goals?
Second, particularly given your age, have you had a hormone panel run? If you can't get it from your doctor there is a sticky here

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/157529-cheap-bloodwork-how.html

on how to get it. GET THAT DONE FIRST BEFORE TAKING A SINGLE DBOL.

you may very well find out you have low testosterone, and getting on testosterone replacement is safer and better than using dbol. Outside of that, really its more helpful if you share more about the goals as I mentioned, as well as what your diet + workout routine is like.

P

peterbilt6747

Awards
My goals are simple. I want to gain lean muscle mass. I don't want to just bulk up and lose muscle definition. I would like to put 20lbs on but not sure if that is realistic.

Perhaps I will talk to my doctor about this as well. I am in Canada so the blood work won't be a problem. I'm just not sure how well my doctor will take the thought of me taking dbol. haha.

As for my diet, it could use a little work as well. Haha. I do eat the basics. Chicken, fish, lean beef. Rice, potatoes, veggies, greens, berries. I do eat fairly good. I make sure I get lots of protien and carbs. I'm thinking that if I do this I will have to try to cut out some sugar and fat in my diet so that I make sure I stay lean. I tend to drink to much alcohol on the weekends to. That will likely have to stop.

As far as my workout goes, I get to the gym 4 days a week and try to stick to the basics. 20 mins of cardio, (most days). I try to push myself to lift heavy and lately have been doing 4 sets of most of my exercises instead of 3. I go heavy enough that I'm only getting 4 or 5 reps on my last set. I've also been doing more ab exercises lately as well. I've really been trying for muscle definition but trying to grow as well.

T

Tommy1109

Awards
test cycle perhaps?????? 400-500mg of test e or cyp a week for 12-14 week? that would give you nice gains. not sure do some looking around

W

wheeliegsxr

Awards
dbol i wouldnt think would help much with out your test boosted, at least wont see near the gains your looking for, itll b more harmful to your body than anything. trying to put on 20lbs lean body muscle you should b able to tweek your diet a lil and make great gains. everybodys diffrent but i try to take in 2.5x my body weight in grams of protein a day, of course this doesnt happen every single day but 5 to 6 days a week i maintain it well. as for carbs if your not gaining obvesly they also need to b increased try oatmeal in the morning and possibly pasta during the day, pack in as much food as possible, sups are great but food is your best friend when it comes to any weight gain and learning what your body requires to make those gains will make work in the gym much more efficient. good luck bro

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20 lean pounds is a nice goal for a year, not a cycle

JD Intl

JD Intl

Awards
I’ve taken dbol before as a standalone at 20mg’s per day for 2 weeks. I had originally wanted to run it for 6 weeks but the side effects where kicking my azz (acne and the difficulty sleeping) so I cut it short at 2 weeks. What I did notice in the 2 weeks was an increase in strength but I was not on the cycle long enough to notice anything else really. If you do run the dbol make sure you have a good PCT that includes a serm (Nolva or Clomid), also make sure to take liver sups when you are on the dbol because it is hepatoxic on your liver so I defiantly would not suggest drinking ANY alcohol…. Last EasyEJL made some really solid points so it might be best to run with what he said IMO!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I'm not anti-aas at all but have you tried other means like bulking with more calories or lifting heavier weights/more volume? Have you tried cheat reps/half reps/partial reps? Not trying to derail you but i'm trying to give you some other options that may greatly impact your progress. Do you "feel" the exercises you do and focus on what your training or just go through the motions? Give this stuff a shot first because imagine if you gained a ton more THEN did a cycle. You would know what works better for you AND have the assistance to help you gain even more!
Hope this helps you!

M

mdpwrlifter

Awards
Have you done a significant change to your routine?

P

peterbilt6747

Awards
So, after lots and lots of research and planning, I started taking 25mg per day of the dbol. I am now 6 weeks in. The biggest change I made to my routine, was my diet. I have increased my daily intake of calories and protien to 3000 - 3500 cals and over 200g of protien per day. I started taking a test boost again along with an estrogen blocker and am seeing big results. In 6 weeks, my arms, chest, shoulders, back and thighs are all bigger and my waist is smaller. My strength is really increasing to. My weight when I started this 6 weeks ago was 177lbs and I'm now 192lbs. I feel really good and notice that I have lots of energy througout the day. I have a hard time sleeping at night, but acne or any other side effects have not been an issue up till this point. My plan is to go 2 more weeks then take a break from the dbol and test boost for 4 weeks and to take advantage of the 4 weeks to really lean out. I am not planning on changing my diet aside from the amount of food I eat and I will still be working out as hard as I do now, just try to concentrate a little more on cardio. I will re-evaluate at the end of the 4th week to see if I want to do one more cycle of dbol.

As of right now - very happy with my results.

JD Intl

JD Intl

Awards
So, after lots and lots of research and planning, I started taking 25mg per day of the dbol. I am now 6 weeks in. The biggest change I made to my routine, was my diet. I have increased my daily intake of calories and protien to 3000 - 3500 cals and over 200g of protien per day. I started taking a test boost again along with an estrogen blocker and am seeing big results. In 6 weeks, my arms, chest, shoulders, back and thighs are all bigger and my waist is smaller. My strength is really increasing to. My weight when I started this 6 weeks ago was 177lbs and I'm now 192lbs. I feel really good and notice that I have lots of energy througout the day. I have a hard time sleeping at night, but acne or any other side effects have not been an issue up till this point. My plan is to go 2 more weeks then take a break from the dbol and test boost for 4 weeks and to take advantage of the 4 weeks to really lean out. I am not planning on changing my diet aside from the amount of food I eat and I will still be working out as hard as I do now, just try to concentrate a little more on cardio. I will re-evaluate at the end of the 4th week to see if I want to do one more cycle of dbol.

8 weeks of Dbol hole **** man! What odes you PCT look like?

rabz

rabz

Awards

Glad your getting good gains with it as I am currently on day 8 of mine but I will agree with the others you had best have a solid PCT plan or your going to lose most of your gains if not all, the schlong aint gonna work and your gonna be very unhappy in general. If you have a plan it'd be good to post it just so we know your not about to enter a dark and crappy time.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established

Don't eat less when you come off, unless you want to lose all your gains and then some. Also, you better use a SERM when you do come off, otherwise, your junk won't work and you'll be a depressed little b!tch.

damn, dude, you're really portraying yourself as a big ol' idiot with what you've said thus far.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
def would have been better to do more research and get some more advice before starting your cycle imo. Too late for that, so I'd say make sure you order up your pct supplies with overnight shipping and make sure you know how/when to take them ahead of time instead of planning as you go like that. Not going to say you're an idiot, but being impulsive like that is best saved for when you're walking through the electronics section of Walmart, not when you're actively changing a HUGE portion of your body chemistry.

I hope everything goes alright!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It wouldve been better to run test or stack the test with dbol.

P

peterbilt6747

Awards
Well I don't really consider myself to be an idiot, but I will admit that I know next to nothing about this stuff. That being said, I guess should have just left it alone, but that's why I'm here. I am going to see a personal trainer/body builder in my home town to see what I can do next in order to safely get off this stuff. I will post here when I know more.

JD Intl

JD Intl

Awards
Well I don't really consider myself to be an idiot, but I will admit that I know next to nothing about this stuff. That being said, I guess should have just left it alone, but that's why I'm here. I am going to see a personal trainer/body builder in my home town to see what I can do next in order to safely get off this stuff. I will post here when I know more.

Dude you need a solid PCT with a SERM for sure… You can give the TRS by Primordial Performance a shot and along with a SERM you should be good to go.. Though you would want to run the PCT for about 6 weeks seen as how you have been on the cycle so long and give yourself at least another 6 weeks off after the PCT before picking up another cycle.. I myself am partial to Nolva so that is always part of my PCT I think the dosage should look something like this for your PCT 20/20/10/10/10/10, maybe you could skip out on the last week of the Nolva but for sure man you will need a SERM. For the TRS you can try and PM one of the reps to see if they have any promo codes for a little discount… I really hope you take this advice and any other advice you get on here because if not you will really be hurting after you come off this cycle 8 weeks of dbol and no PCT/SERM you will feel like $hit. Also one last thing to add I can only assume that you have been taking your liver supplements? If not you need to get some ASAP!

Good luck bro!

A

ackbrah

Awards
like most have already said; take some test mate, its a lot safer than dbol! good luck with your gains

M

MindMuscle12

Banned
Awards
i wouldn't recommend a cycle of dbol. maybe as a kick-start (they are oral!!).

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
...just go for it. It's not that bid of a deal, if the stuff you get a hold of is real then it will work, 90% of orals are fake though....because all the newbs that are scared to inject will buy them and get 5 lbs of gain off of placebo and think they were "on" haha