need advice please

firedawg0108

Awards
Ive just recently started a bulk and i want to do it right this time.im coming from maybe 12% bodyfat 215lbs 6'2. i just started actually tracking my calories and im realizing that ive been grossly undereating for a long time now. i have 2 questions about this, 1. by jumping up in calories to the 4000 range where i need to be, am i going to gain a lot of sudden fat since im not use to having that much food, and 2. when i go to cut again should the weight come off easier than it has before? ive never really been able to get "ripped" and im thinking just not having enough calories mightve caused my body to hold onto the fat? Ive been lifting for about 3 years now but im just now getting my diet right. all my cals are coming from tuna,chicken,beef,oats,whole wheat bread and brown rice and i lift on a 4 day split with 30 mins cardio 2 days a week.

GJN5002

Awards
I wouldnt do an all out bulk at 12%. I think you should eat a few hundred cals above maintenance on training days and around maintenance on off days to avoid gaining a ton of fat.

firedawg0108

Awards
so maybe 3800 on training day 3300 on rest/cardio days?

HomeWorkouts

Awards
yeah, i think that sounds like the right idea. How long has it been since you've changed your workout? You might want to. For example, you could even just switch your cardio from 30 minutes to 15 minutes of interval training. Also with the diet make sure you throw in some more healthy fats from things like almonds or other nuts. You get a little bit with tuna but not enough.