Peanuts/Almonds etc for bulking??

ChrisSurf

Awards
Where do people pick up the big bags of each I always hear about. Only Publix seems to have an ok size bag of peanuts, but everyone else only carries almonds and walnuts etc in the smaller bags. I'm doubting people are buying those little bags for working out as some are 7-10 bucks each and you'll end up spending crazy money buying those little bags all the time.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
or Costco's.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Nutsonline looks cool. I've heard way to many bad things involving Amazon and food, everything from nuts to chips being shipped stale/passed expiration etc.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Nutsonline looks cool. I've heard way to many bad things involving Amazon and food, everything from nuts to chips being shipped stale/passed expiration etc.
I buy emerald almonds on amazon all the time and never had a problem.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Trader Joe's is awesome if you have them in your area. Big bag of raw almonds is $4.99 I believe.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Trader Joe's is awesome if you have them in your area. Big bag of raw almonds is $4.99 I believe.
I'm in South FL, closest ones are in GA and Carolina I think lol. I'll check online to see if they ship too though.. edit- n/a they don't ship

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy emerald almonds on amazon all the time and never had a problem.
emerald almonds rock!!! The dark chocolate and cinnamon almonds are freakin' awesome.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
emerald almonds rock!!! The dark chocolate and cinnamon almonds are freakin' awesome.
thats the ones I get... i get a case of the 100cal paks... something like 72 paks in a case. great on the go.

avsfreak24

Awards
Sprout's has raw almonds for $3.99/lb this week starting today

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Wal-Mart.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
target BJ's Walmart. can easily get big bags of almonds or pistachios .

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Wal-Mart has EVERYTHING, and for cheaper most of the time.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Wal-Mart has EVERYTHING, and for cheaper most of the time.
Yeh I just realized that, I never shop there, always go to Publix or Whole Foods. But was reading a bunch of reviews especially for nut's where people said you can get the same bags on Amazon for way cheaper at Walmart... kinda odd as I though Amazon would have the cheapest prices. There's one large container with mixed nut's that's apparently less than half the cost at Walmart then it is on Amazon for example.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Go to the cooking aisle of the store. Raw almonds, walnuts, peanuts. Larger bags and less money. A 3lb bag at Sams is the same as a 1lb bag at the grocery I've come to find.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Are these #'s right? I usually grab a bunch of peanuts and mix in with PB and greek yogurt. But I was look at the nutrition values, and it said 1 serving is 1/2 cup with shells and is 160 cals. Now a half a cup is only like 6-8 shells (and generally 2 nuts per shell). I usually eat way more than 6 shells lol. Just crazy when you think of how little that amount is, but how calorie dense it must be.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jars upon Jars of Peanutbutter my friend.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Jars upon Jars of Peanutbutter my friend.
Oh I eat plenty of PB, I just love having peanuts etc around for snacks or mixing in for extra cals. Only problem with PB is I love skippy's natural honey roasted and the biggest they carry is 15oz, not cheap either... those little containers add up quick lol.

One of my fav things is taking a bunch of roasted peanuts and mixing with PB and some cinnamon... mmm, and a protein and cal packed snack at that.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
Dude, I'm allergic to peanuts so I can only use almond butter. Its $12 for only 200 grams!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, I'm allergic to peanuts so I can only use almond butter. Its $12 for only 200 grams!
you should look into making your own man.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh I eat plenty of PB, I just love having peanuts etc around for snacks or mixing in for extra cals. Only problem with PB is I love skippy's natural honey roasted and the biggest they carry is 15oz, not cheap either... those little containers add up quick lol.

One of my fav things is taking a bunch of roasted peanuts and mixing with PB and some cinnamon... mmm, and a protein and cal packed snack at that.
would increase protein if you could get some of those little protein crisps.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
Sams Club sells the natural almond butter for $7 for a 24oz jar and its good
Thanks bro, but I'm from germany so there is no sam's club here unfortunately. Will have to stick to the expensive stuff or try and make it myself as suggested by fightbackhxc.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro, but I'm from germany so there is no sam's club here unfortunately. Will have to stick to the expensive stuff or try and make it myself as suggested by fightbackhxc.
Some Food Markets let you grind your own...not sure how $$ that is but it could be worth looking into if they have the grinders to do it.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
Some Food Markets let you grind your own...not sure how $$ that is but it could be worth looking into if they have the grinders to do it.
Just looked at recipes online. Apparently all you do is grind the almonds for 60 seconds on the highest level in a blender and then cook it on a low setting in a pot for 15 minutes. Will try this tomorrow and report back.

If this really works well then almond butter from the store is a true ripoff :D

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Just looked at recipes online. Apparently all you do is grind the almonds for 60 seconds on the highest level in a blender and then cook it on a low setting in a pot for 15 minutes. Will try this tomorrow and report back.

If this really works well then almond butter from the store is a true ripoff :D
My EX makes killer almond butter... ill get her method/recipe for ya.

avsfreak24

Awards
A VitaMix could do the job. I have made peanut butter out of peanuts. I'm sure if you used roasted ones you probably wouldn't have to cook them in the pot afterwards, but that is just a guess.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Bumpin' it up. Bought some Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds... holy sh!t these are good, can't stop eating them. Anybody want a fast, good tasting bulking snack, grab these... you won't be able to stop eating them lol