PLEASE HELP!!!! I AM STUCK AT 145

mcalli83

Awards
i am posting this in hopes i can get some advice,ive heard 100 different things and it seems everybody has their own opinions...i have been lifting for about 8 months now and cannot gain weight to save my life i am 28 years old 5 10 stuck at 145 i am extremely cut and have good vascularity and all that but i cant bulk up to save my life i look like a cut up crackhead,i workout 4-5 times a week and eat as much as i can i have taken everything from diff types of creatin to kre alkalyne pre workouts whey proteins bunk test booster called boladrol,and i am stuck!!! am i lifting too often or what i was about to get some dbol but it has waaaay too many nasty side effects.i am giving up hope and ready to throw in the towel,any good supplements that work for hard gainers like myself or should i switch up my routine or know of any websites to get an outline of a gaining routine....i am 110 percent dedicated tohelp me get over this plateau..thanks

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
workout 3 times a week, 4 at MOST, Eat, Rest, Repeat

do the 5x5 program

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
eat lotta rice

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol @ calling boladrol a bunk test booster

you didn't even post what your diet looks like... I'm 100% sure the problem lies there

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Word, i agree with everyone else. Every single time ive heard someone say they are eating as much as they can....its not nearly enough, EVERY time, without fail. I highly suggest you not mess with those "bunk test boosters" and post up what a day of food honestly looks like for u, and we will go from there...

superlift

superlift

Awards
It's your diet man. What do you eat in a normal day? Break it down for us. Are you eating 4-5k cals?

mcalli83

Awards
wake up 4 packs of oatmeal...2 sandwiches some donuts chex mix banana,snack pack pudding and some sweets for lunch usually meat or pasta for dinner and a protein shake after workout...problem is i work construction and its hot as hell some days so i dont eat as much...that lunch varies from day to day,i gotta super fast metabolism so i dunno what to go off of nutritionwise...and im not sure what the 5x5 workout is...i lift like a nut like 5-6 days a week and i was told "less is more" for me...wow thanks for the replies i wasnt expecting any

honda81

Banned
Awards
take atleast 4000 calories a day! get 1.5g of protein per pound of your bodyweight. eat a **** load of carbs if you wanna bulk. dont do cardio while bulking either. Monstermass is a good gainer.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wake up 4 packs of oatmeal...2 sandwiches some donuts chex mix banana,snack pack pudding and some sweets for lunch usually meat or pasta for dinner and a protein shake after workout...problem is i work construction and its hot as hell some days so i dont eat as much...that lunch varies from day to day,i gotta super fast metabolism so i dunno what to go off of nutritionwise...and im not sure what the 5x5 workout is...i lift like a nut like 5-6 days a week and i was told "less is more" for me...wow thanks for the replies i wasnt expecting any
thats the most terrible diet i have ever heard of. and the more you rest, the more you grow. 6 times is way to much IMO. 4 at most.

number2

number2

Awards
cottage cheese and natural peanut better before bed helps aswell

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Just like everyone else said You must eat more
Go to fitday.com and start keeping tract of everything you eat This site allows you to track all your calories.I myself would shoot for 3500 calories a day at least
Google "Starting Strength Program" Follow this program exactly how it is laid out. It works.
Last but not least you do not need any supplements.

Good Luck
Joe

WerdUp

Awards
Add 1 gallon or even half a gallon of WHOLE milk to your diet and tell me where you stand in 1 month. =]

mdpwrlifter

Awards
I have. I'm slowly gaining. I'm on westside right now.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if your gaining slowly, you arent eating enough. use fitday to track your cals and nutrient info. even though it may seem like you eat alot, you probably arent. your just full and dont wana eat at that time.

something quick and easy to eat to put on weight are bagels. about 50g of carbs in each

mdpwrlifter

Awards
Yeah my gains aren't exactly fast but I'm making progress. Thanks for the tip.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i am posting this in hopes i can get some advice,ive heard 100 different things and it seems everybody has their own opinions...i have been lifting for about 8 months now and cannot gain weight to save my life i am 28 years old 5 10 stuck at 145 i am extremely cut and have good vascularity and all that but i cant bulk up to save my life i look like a cut up crackhead,i workout 4-5 times a week and eat as much as i can i have taken everything from diff types of creatin to kre alkalyne pre workouts whey proteins bunk test booster called boladrol,and i am stuck!!! am i lifting too often or what i was about to get some dbol but it has waaaay too many nasty side effects.i am giving up hope and ready to throw in the towel,any good supplements that work for hard gainers like myself or should i switch up my routine or know of any websites to get an outline of a gaining routine....i am 110 percent dedicated tohelp me get over this plateau..thanks
1) got o doctore and check your thyroid (if thats normal then it IS your diet an trainning thats the issue)

2) add in a couple whey protein dink in evey day, make them about 30-40g protein per drink and ADD IN eather 2-3ounces of oliv oil to EACH one oe 2-3 tbs of peanutbutter and blend them up. this alone will ad the calories YOU NEED. 3tbs of peanubutter= 300cal thisX 3 times a day = 900calories EXTRA JUST fromt he peanutbutter alone and the protein cals are about 250 for 40g protein. so 300 (peanutbutter) added to 250 from proten =550cals X 3 =1650 cals JUST forn the 3 measly protien drinks with eathe oliv oil o PB. then ouy add in your food an anotehr PB sandwich.*

3) Google "DC trainning" and READ I ALL

4) supps i Rec to help: creatine, ASGT, fushoil, multiv/m, taurine.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would suggest DC, but im not sure how much experience you have in training.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
your not gaining because your eating horrid foods

you are what you eat

Im going to make this very simple

go to store

buy

5lbs top sirloin
2 gallons whole milk
quaker old fashiond oats
4 dozen organic eggs
10lbs chicken
two bags brown rice
alot of fish
fruits
olive oil
almonds
peanutbutter

and eat the **** out of all that

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
your not gaining because your eating horrid foods

you are what you eat

Im going to make this very simple

go to store

buy

5lbs top sirloin
2 gallons whole milk
quaker old fashiond oats
4 dozen organic eggs
10lbs chicken
two bags brown rice
alot of fish
fruits
olive oil
almonds
peanutbutter

and eat the **** out of all that
Yes your right, you are what you eat! So what's your excuse?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BK is burger king! great way to get major protein and cals in as a cheat meal. every meal is a cheat meal when bulking

mdpwrlifter

Awards
That's what I thought you meant. I'm pretty damn ecto so I can eat that a lot but I still feel guilty.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if u have that mindset, then bulking is not for you

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
LOL

im at [email protected]%bf
i have no excuse im stronger, bigger, and leaner than i have ever been before

whats yours?
Good for you man good for you. I am 8 pounds less and 2% lower bodyfat, but mind you; I never took a "roid" bro! Nutrition = KEY TO SUCCESS. Any Neanderthal can train that's the easy part, the real work is done in the kitchen!

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established

mdpwrlifter

Awards
Yeah I am new. But. No point in accusing people. Forum is for helping everyone out and encouraging. Not internet call outs.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Your very right my friend, but unfortunately when you've been quiet for so long (me) you can't take enough. Many of these people on here bash people who are looking for help and think they are on such a higher level then others (though their not). There are many misconceptions of topics people "brag" about here, and in the gym. Like the topic of weight, people think if they weigh more they are bigger or look better. Nah, there's aesthetics, muscle bellies, widths and proportions to consider. The guy your defending posts ignorant things to "others" particularly to people he thinks he's so called "bigger than." I do not like people who belittle others, so I had to call him out. You'll learn my friend, when your pushed into a wall the only way is forward. I think I did it in a well played out manner with some class. For the true bodybuilder is humble not degrading and arrogant my friend. You'll learn young grasshoppa, in time.

senjuriko

senjuriko

Awards
Because of muscle magazines and books most lifters are stuck in the idea of performing 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions. While this is not incorrect for muscle gain, it is limiting. Strength training experts, such as Vladimir Zatsiorsky, have categorized three main methods of improving strength.

So try one of the following

Repetition Method: Lifting a submaximal weight till failure or close to failure for numerous repetitions. This is most commonly known as the corner stone of bodybuilding programs.

Maximal Effort Method: As the name implies, lifting maximal loads in the 85-100% intensity range. This is a primary method of many strength athletes.

Dynamic Effort Method: This has become into vogue in the past ten years, but has been utilized by Olympic lifters for decades. The method involves lifting a submaximal weight, usually 50-70% intensity, and trying to move the weight as fast as possible.

amethyst

Awards

calorie surpluss high in protein carbs and moderate fat, eat every 2hrs. That's first requirement. Lift with strict form on compound exersises, squat, deadlift bench ect, use dumbbells for curls and tricepts exersises ect. Only work each body part 2x weekly max. Fid weight for 5 sets of 8 to 12 reps. Make sure you have small weights to build with, like half pound and one pound plates, increase weight every week even if only by a pound. Diet and continued resistance/demand to the muscles will force muscle growth to keep up with ever increasing demand. again make sure your diet is in order as this is key, the body will resist muscle growth if not as it is part of survival, muscle burns calories and requires unlimited nutrition as most mamals are designed to survive for a few weeks without food and more muscle works against the system. Keep physical need high during workouts as the body must also have a need for the muscle or it will naturally reduce it. Basic biology.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no, i dont use "mad" roids. Ive done one cycle lol

the cycle was over the top- gained 25lbs but thats it.

ive also probly been lifting for a much shorter time than you

BUT
im not here to get into a pissing match

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
There's nothing to piss man, some people got it; others don't. Nuff said

Turnitup122

Awards
Compound movements until failure and then another rep, 9 hours sleep, tons of food until u start to get fat. U might have an overactive gland in your body. I forgot what gland it was but it regulates your metabolism. If u go to the doctor he could perscribe medicine to slow it down if u have this. Supplements don't do crap unless youv got diet, training and enough sleep dialed in perfectly and even then it only helps like 10%

dragevo

Banned
Awards
Lift heavier, forced reps, switch up the routine and eat a ton with proper rest

DieStrong

DieStrong

Awards
750mg Test E p/w should fix you right up.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Chocolate milk + a ton of fast food + training heavy, If you can't gain on that i'm sorry it's hopeless.

amethyst

Awards
boladrol isn't a testbooster, play with that stuff for 30days and you won't have enough natty test left to worry about training or diet. Read up on it and save it for a few years when your prepared for it.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
you didn't even post what your diet looks like... I'm 100% sure the problem lies there
^ THIS

1) EAT. And if your not gaining... EAT MORE.
2) Do 3-4 days only. Rest is crucial (this includes sleep) to growth. If you overtrain it becomes damaging to the muscle tissue and potentially cause necrosis.
3) Don't realy on supplementation to get your goals. They only "fill in the gaps" and supplement diet and exercise.
4) Train to failure. There are numerous legit studies and literature on how gains are attributed to fail point as your body is adapting to its environment. High reps, low reps, high volume, it doesnt matter... just get there.

Oh... mind you, this is a progressive sport. You're not gonna jump 10lbs in a month. It doesn't happen. When dealing with the human body things take time. 8 months is not all that long.

JD Intl

JD Intl

Awards
Yes everyone has their own thing and its best to find what works for you and to stick with it but every now and then you might want some advice so take all that you can get and use what you think will work for you…. What I use to keep my weight up is a weight gainer (Optimum Pro Complex Gainer) 2x a day also just recently I have added Optimum Natural Pro Complex in with my gainer shake for a total of 120g of protein in one serving. My suggestion is get some gainer and drink one after breakfast and after dinner and I’m sure you will start to see the weight start coming on. As always IMO!