Can you eat too much post workout?

misterj

Awards
What do you think? I ate a baked potato, some pasta, and as much steak I could cram down my throat. I'm super full.... Are you likely to store bf with a post workout meal?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That doesn't sound like all that much. However, it's all relative to your body (stats as well as metabolism). You most certainly CAN eat too much post-workout, though it's the one time that would be the best to eat the most if you're going to do it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And if you're worried about storing fat with meals like that, pick up some Need2Slin. That way you know you're shuttling nutrients into muscle and not fat.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on your goals......for a little better insulin control you could do something like sweet potatoes or oats post workout instead of higher glycemic carbs

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you think? I ate a baked potato, some pasta, and as much steak I could cram down my throat. I'm super full.... Are you likely to store bf with a post workout meal?
Maybe you need to consider what you think "too much" is, LOL. On another note, your post-training meal is the MOST IMPORTANT meal of the day, IMO, and how much you eat is IRelevant to fat gain. Unless you are eating well OVER Maintenance and what your body requires for muscle accretion - then your "too much" calories in general can potentially be stored as fat.

~Rosie~

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Yes you can eat too much post workout. Nothing is super magical about this time. It's not like you can eat 20 snickers and because you just got done squatting you aren't going to see negative effects from this. That said, post workout is the best time to eat the biggest amount. Unless you're just gorging like crazy I wouldn't sweat it. And I wouldn't base my feeling of fullness on whether or not I ate too much as many things can contribute to how full you feel.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I've always followed an "use it, but don't abuse it" philosophy on the PWO window...

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
just eat a meal. youre not using insulin so theres no need to gourge yourself

YouSeeMe

Awards
I take in about 1k calories post workout. all through shake

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
You need some whey within 15 minutes and a hard meal within an hour. I don't think you can ever eat too much unless you start getting fat lol. I use my abs as a guide, I look bloated alot of the time but I drink almost a gallon a day of milk + other dairy, but can still see my abs on top so I don't worry. Soon as my abs start going away I start eating a little less.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i just ate my fast breaking/post workout meal

3 chicken strips from the walmart deli, a can of turkey chili, a large banana, some strawberries and 3 mini red potatoes made into baked french fries.

it was awesome and i'm not even full

edit: i also took an anabolic pump so that probably helped with the hunger

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depending on your goals, it can be....but if your like me and dont give a crap, just eat your butt off every meal then go ahead!

onedaytoday

Awards
just dont eat and pass out.... cuz thats pretty bad for you

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Simply stated, yes you can consume too much. Post exercise (resistance specifically) the Akt-mTOR pathway, stress signals, and possibly leucin signalling (if present) are fully maximized for global muscle protein synthesis. Afterwards, it seems dependent on amino acid uptake (relative to consumption) to fully activate those pathways which are saturated at ~20g intact protein and any further consumption is irreversibly oxidized (albumin exception). Fatty acid cycling is continuously occurring.

As Rosie stated, any additional calories (in excess of expended) can be stored as fat.

bulk up man

Awards
I don't gain weight. So the answer is no I can't overeat post workout. It is not possible.
There was one time back in January after a gym workout I went to dinner and had nine plates
of food and did not gain a single pound from the meal. I have the fastest metabolism on the planet so
there is no way I could ever eat too much after a workout.

Usually my question is, "Did I eat enough?"

BigKoolWhip

BigKoolWhip

Awards
man, if your bulking and are worrying about eating too much no matter what time of the day, you are thinking too much. just eat as much as you can as often as you can

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I don't gain weight. So the answer is no I can't overeat post workout. It is not possible.
There was one time back in January after a gym workout I went to dinner and had nine plates
of food and did not gain a single pound from the meal. I have the fastest metabolism on the planet so
there is no way I could ever eat too much after a workout.

Usually my question is, "Did I eat enough?"
Oh really? Go get some Ultimate Nutrition MuscleJuice 2544 and use whole milk along with 2 servings of Peanut Butter 2x a day ALONG with eating and i guarantee you'll gain weight :D

Each shake would be 1500-1700 Calories on top of what your eating currently so 5000 calories or so maybe?

Don't give up, i have faith in you haha