Budget Bulking - AnabolicMinds.com

Budget Bulking

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Question Budget Bulking

I know there are a hundred threads about where to start when bulking on a budget, but every time I look up the products it is still beyond my budget. I am fixing my diet next trip to the grocery store (tomorrow), and have $110 left from sellin some spare parts. GNC has a 5lb jug of whey protien for $45 that seems like a good deal. What else should I get with the remaining $65? I already have a multivitamin, and I have some fish oil that I take cuz my mom has heart problems and Ive been hearin it might help with muscle. I really appreciate any help.

2. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My fave budget supplies would be eggs, canned tuna in water, and oatmeal. Veggies are pretty inexpensive if you have a farmers market type place around.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    My fave budget supplies would be eggs, canned tuna in water, and oatmeal. Veggies are pretty inexpensive if you have a farmers market type place around.
    Ya when I go grocery shoppin tomorrow I'm gettin a couple dozen eggs, ton of oatmeal, bunch of tuna, peanut butter, red meat, fruit, and anything else I spot with good protien and/or carbs. The $110 bucks is what I have saved on the side, not in the grocery budget.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Multi, and fish oil. Maybe creatine in beta-alanine. Done
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Try some sweet potato theyre pretty money on a bulk and relatively inexpensive. Also you could probably save a boat load of cash ordering supps. off the net (much, much cheaper). Honestly I dont see how GNC stays in business selling supps at the prices they do, its pretty absurd.

If youre interested im currently on day 4 of an androhard/androlean cycle. I have posted before pics and stats, let me know what ya think.

4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Try some sweet potato theyre pretty money on a bulk and relatively inexpensive. Also you could probably save a boat load of cash ordering supps. off the net (much, much cheaper). Honestly I dont see how GNC stays in business selling supps at the prices they do, its pretty absurd.

If youre interested im currently on day 4 of an androhard/androlean cycle. I have posted before pics and stats, let me know what ya think.

Oh, you could also try some Creatine. You can pick up a monohydrate or ethyl-esther for realatively cheap these days. Check out higher power supplemets...cheap and good.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Ya GNC is horribly over priced. The only reason I still go in is because there is one on my way home from work, and since my ex screwed me over on a joint bank account I have to give cash to my girlfriend to put in her account if I wanna order somethin online, and thats a pain in the ass lol. But ya I found some sites that I can get 5 times as much stuff as at GNC so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order online.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Man I hear ya bro. good luck with that, and your bulk
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Man I hear ya bro. good luck with that, and your bulk
    Thanks, I'm definitely gonna keep up with your log. Good luck
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Agreed with that was mentioned so far. Get some pasta too, its a great carb choice and is really inexpensive. The only supplement I would go with is creatine, but I've bulked for years without out as well. For your pre-bed protein you can get cottage cheese and yogurt, both inexpensive and mix them together at night before bed. 3-4 tablespoons of cottage cheese, with just enough yogurt to disguise the taste and you are good to go.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    Agreed with that was mentioned so far. Get some pasta too, its a great carb choice and is really inexpensive. The only supplement I would go with is creatine, but I've bulked for years without out as well. For your pre-bed protein you can get cottage cheese and yogurt, both inexpensive and mix them together at night before bed. 3-4 tablespoons of cottage cheese, with just enough yogurt to disguise the taste and you are good to go.
    Awesome, I was actually just wonderin about night time protien. Thanks
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

NP has that deal on 5lbs of whey for $29 right now.
  13. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    NP has that deal on 5lbs of whey for $29 right now.
    what brand?
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

MGN American Iso
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw View Post
    Awesome, I was actually just wonderin about night time protien. Thanks
    If you're looking for a night time powder go with casein, it will sustain you through the night and keep metabolism going (takes longer for the body to digest)

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

Milk, eggs, oats, peanut butter and ice cream.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Go to Costo or BJs first of all... your bulking so buy in bulk and save.
    Eggs are 5doz for ~6 bucks.
    Chicken is $2.79/lb
    Milk (if its in your diet, I don't consume dairy)
    Ground Turkey 93% lean is about $2/lb
    You can get quality beef for under $5/lb
    Peanut butter
    Oatmeal, cream of wheat, yams should be like 99 cent a pound
    Whole wheat pasta is cheap and diet friendly if you dont mind higher gluten content, GI is still comparable
    Fishoil/omega's 3/6/9 capsules are easy way to get fats intake, you could even superload
    Drop the multivitamin - if you have a well rounded bulk diet you wont need em - that means fruits/veggies too.

If you can order supps online do so - you'll find better deals. And GNC will rip your wallet in half.
    Bodybuilding on a budget!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Adding too the above, I would clip coupons and stock up when things are on sale in the store as well

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Go to Costo or BJs first of all... your bulking so buy in bulk and save.
    Eggs are 5doz for ~6 bucks.
    Chicken is $2.79/lb
    Milk (if its in your diet, I don't consume dairy)
    Ground Turkey 93% lean is about $2/lb
    You can get quality beef for under $5/lb
    Peanut butter
    Oatmeal, cream of wheat, yams should be like 99 cent a pound
    Whole wheat pasta is cheap and diet friendly if you dont mind higher gluten content, GI is still comparable
    Fishoil/omega's 3/6/9 capsules are easy way to get fats intake, you could even superload
    Drop the multivitamin - if you have a well rounded bulk diet you wont need em - that means fruits/veggies too.

If you can order supps online do so - you'll find better deals. And GNC will rip your wallet in half.
    Bodybuilding on a budget!
    I don't know why I never thought of goin to a store like that. I think the closest costco is 2 hours from me but my girlfriend's mom is in Sam's Club about once a month. Thanks for the help.
  20. New Member

Mcdonalds Mcdoubles!!!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Ok, I just talked my girl into us gettin a Sams Club card so I'm prolly goin up there tomorrow. Here's my list so far. Any critiques?
    Eggs, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Raisins, Mixed Nuts, Honey, Cottage Cheese, Ground Beef, Chicken, Whole Wheat Pasta, Mixed Fruit, Whole Milk, Juice,
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I dont think juice is needed. Or raisins. The rest looks like good bulk food. Maybe not honey either.
    Use that money for veggies - you need em to maintain positive nitrogen balance in blood and preserve mass.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I dont think juice is needed. Or raisins. The rest looks like good bulk food. Maybe not honey either.
    Use that money for veggies - you need em to maintain positive nitrogen balance in blood and preserve mass.
    Im usin the raisins and honey to give some homemade protien bars some flavor. The juice is mainly because I have a bad habbit of gettin tired of water all day at work and comin home and slammin a few sodas. Figured some juice would help me fight that temptation. I definitely need to add veggies to the list. My diet lately has been lots of protien and carbs but I haven't had much in the way of fruit or veggies in the past couple weeks.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Get your fruits and veggies for sure. Watch the juice though it can be deceiving in the way of sugar content...better off getting some crystal lite paks to kick up the H20 (I hear ya though H20 gets pretty lame)

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Get your fruits and veggies for sure. Watch the juice though it can be deceiving in the way of sugar content...better off getting some crystal lite paks to kick up the H20 (I hear ya though H20 gets pretty lame)

I really like crystal lite. I just assumed it had more sugar in it than the juice, never actually read the nutrition info on it.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

For Sam's club, they've got a great deal on ground beef. They come in burger patty shape and are good 90/10. Amazing. also, about $4/lb. Can't beat it.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  27. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

get to know the clearance times for meat products ,cut out coupons its not hard to come in under budget but it does take a little work
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Im usin the raisins and honey to give some homemade protien bars some flavor. The juice is mainly because I have a bad habbit of gettin tired of water all day at work and comin home and slammin a few sodas. Figured some juice would help me fight that temptation. I definitely need to add veggies to the list. My diet lately has been lots of protien and carbs but I haven't had much in the way of fruit or veggies in the past couple weeks.
    OK, I see you there. I like the suggested idea of crystal light. Have you ever considered brewing a massive amount of iced tea? All my water intake is 1/2 a gallon of brewed green tea (5 bags) poured back in with some lemon juice. vegetables will prevent constipation too.
    Franz Kafka
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

OK, I see you there. I like the suggested idea of crystal light. Have you ever considered brewing a massive amount of iced tea? All my water intake is 1/2 a gallon of brewed green tea (5 bags) poured back in with some lemon juice. vegetables will prevent constipation too.
    I normally drink a lot of sweet tea, and ya it didn take long for my gut to notice I increased protien and wasn't eatin many veggies lol. I got a whole bunch of different kinds of canned veggies and several fresh ones yesterday. I also got a few different kinds of mixed fruit and some fresh bananas. Im not gonna go into all the groceries I got cuz nobody wants to read that much but I think I got everything y'all recomended except yogurt and cottage cheese. I completely forgot about em untill last night.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

You can get some cheap bulk whey on ebay. I think American whey has some 10-20lb boxes of the flavorless stuff. It's good and cheap - as long as you dont mind the occasional rat or grasshopper in your whey (It's just extra protien as far as I'm concerned....
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Bro, theres no big secret on bulking. With the rest of that money, go load up on red meat (lean) and broccli. The broccli will help pull the fat thrgh ur digestive system.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I buy lemons buy the bagful and cut them up and squeeze them into my water. It does make it easier to drink since I am not a water person either. Lemons are cheap and have Vitamin C.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Almost what eveyrone else said. Arnold used dairy to bulk. It just works. Makes you look a little fatter from extra water retention but you are bulking so shouldnt care about that. Drink a gallon of milk every two days, eat at least 6 eggs a day (whites), oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, tortillas, pastas, etc. Bulking on the cheap is easy. Vegetables to bulk is not fun lol...you pretty much need to be eating them 24 hours a day to bulk haha.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    I buy lemons buy the bagful and cut them up and squeeze them into my water. It does make it easier to drink since I am not a water person either. Lemons are cheap and have Vitamin C.
    They increase metabolism too though o.0
  35. New Member

tuna shakes
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dadiesel5 View Post
    tuna shakes
    I gotta say, just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I gotta say, just threw up in my mouth a little.
    I dont think even I would go there...damn thats fugging nasty

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dadiesel5 View Post
    tuna shakes
    haha that sounds like Accepted when the retarded guy got fired for makin a shrimp slushy at work. I like tuna but I dunno if it would go down too easy as a shake
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

The one thing i noticed when i was trying to bulk on a budget is that 1 Gallon of whole milk a day is like 2000+ calories by itself, I would buy weight gainer ($50 for about 9 days @ 2 Servings a day) but for about half the price i could have gotten the calories from milk(1 gallon of milk where i live is $2-3$ so for the same 9 days it would be $18-$27 which is about half the price). Only drawback is that you have to make frequent stops to pickup milk but it IS cheaper than ANY weight gainer/protein powder. Milk doesn't provide as much protein as a weight gainer/protein shake BUT you more than likely can get it from other food.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    The one thing i noticed when i was trying to bulk on a budget is that 1 Gallon of whole milk a day is like 2000+ calories by itself, I would buy weight gainer ($50 for about 9 days @ 2 Servings a day) but for about half the price i could have gotten the calories from milk(1 gallon of milk where i live is $2-3$ so for the same 9 days it would be $18-$27 which is about half the price). Only drawback is that you have to make frequent stops to pickup milk but it IS cheaper than ANY weight gainer/protein powder. Milk doesn't provide as much protein as a weight gainer/protein shake BUT you more than likely can get it from other food.

This is very true. I would say this is a great substitute when it comes to bargain bulking. The GOMAD diet was ok, minus the fact that it is increadly hard to drink a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of water for hydration every day. That was of course my problem, others may have been able to do both.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking on a budget
    By mytime09 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
  2. $50 budget
    By cassimus in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 07:55 PM
  3. havoc pct...on a budget tho
    By brandon615 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42