Budget Bulking

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I know there are a hundred threads about where to start when bulking on a budget, but every time I look up the products it is still beyond my budget. I am fixing my diet next trip to the grocery store (tomorrow), and have $110 left from sellin some spare parts. GNC has a 5lb jug of whey protien for $45 that seems like a good deal. What else should I get with the remaining $65? I already have a multivitamin, and I have some fish oil that I take cuz my mom has heart problems and Ive been hearin it might help with muscle. I really appreciate any help.

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My fave budget supplies would be eggs, canned tuna in water, and oatmeal. Veggies are pretty inexpensive if you have a farmers market type place around.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
My fave budget supplies would be eggs, canned tuna in water, and oatmeal. Veggies are pretty inexpensive if you have a farmers market type place around.
Ya when I go grocery shoppin tomorrow I'm gettin a couple dozen eggs, ton of oatmeal, bunch of tuna, peanut butter, red meat, fruit, and anything else I spot with good protien and/or carbs. The $110 bucks is what I have saved on the side, not in the grocery budget.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Multi, and fish oil. Maybe creatine in beta-alanine. Done

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Try some sweet potato theyre pretty money on a bulk and relatively inexpensive. Also you could probably save a boat load of cash ordering supps. off the net (much, much cheaper). Honestly I dont see how GNC stays in business selling supps at the prices they do, its pretty absurd.

If youre interested im currently on day 4 of an androhard/androlean cycle. I have posted before pics and stats, let me know what ya think.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/177113-4wk-androhard-androlean.html

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Try some sweet potato theyre pretty money on a bulk and relatively inexpensive. Also you could probably save a boat load of cash ordering supps. off the net (much, much cheaper). Honestly I dont see how GNC stays in business selling supps at the prices they do, its pretty absurd.

If youre interested im currently on day 4 of an androhard/androlean cycle. I have posted before pics and stats, let me know what ya think.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/177113-4wk-androhard-androlean.html
Oh, you could also try some Creatine. You can pick up a monohydrate or ethyl-esther for realatively cheap these days. Check out higher power supplemets...cheap and good.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards

Ya GNC is horribly over priced. The only reason I still go in is because there is one on my way home from work, and since my ex screwed me over on a joint bank account I have to give cash to my girlfriend to put in her account if I wanna order somethin online, and thats a pain in the ass lol. But ya I found some sites that I can get 5 times as much stuff as at GNC so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order online.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Man I hear ya bro. good luck with that, and your bulk

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with that was mentioned so far. Get some pasta too, its a great carb choice and is really inexpensive. The only supplement I would go with is creatine, but I've bulked for years without out as well. For your pre-bed protein you can get cottage cheese and yogurt, both inexpensive and mix them together at night before bed. 3-4 tablespoons of cottage cheese, with just enough yogurt to disguise the taste and you are good to go.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Agreed with that was mentioned so far. Get some pasta too, its a great carb choice and is really inexpensive. The only supplement I would go with is creatine, but I've bulked for years without out as well. For your pre-bed protein you can get cottage cheese and yogurt, both inexpensive and mix them together at night before bed. 3-4 tablespoons of cottage cheese, with just enough yogurt to disguise the taste and you are good to go.
Awesome, I was actually just wonderin about night time protien. Thanks

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
NP has that deal on 5lbs of whey for $29 right now.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Milk, eggs, oats, peanut butter and ice cream.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Go to Costo or BJs first of all... your bulking so buy in bulk and save.
Eggs are 5doz for ~6 bucks.
Chicken is $2.79/lb
Milk (if its in your diet, I don't consume dairy)
Ground Turkey 93% lean is about $2/lb
You can get quality beef for under $5/lb
Peanut butter
Oatmeal, cream of wheat, yams should be like 99 cent a pound
Whole wheat pasta is cheap and diet friendly if you dont mind higher gluten content, GI is still comparable
Fishoil/omega's 3/6/9 capsules are easy way to get fats intake, you could even superload
Drop the multivitamin - if you have a well rounded bulk diet you wont need em - that means fruits/veggies too.

If you can order supps online do so - you'll find better deals. And GNC will rip your wallet in half.
Bodybuilding on a budget!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Adding too the above, I would clip coupons and stock up when things are on sale in the store as well

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Go to Costo or BJs first of all... your bulking so buy in bulk and save.
Eggs are 5doz for ~6 bucks.
Chicken is $2.79/lb
Milk (if its in your diet, I don't consume dairy)
Ground Turkey 93% lean is about $2/lb
You can get quality beef for under $5/lb
Peanut butter
Oatmeal, cream of wheat, yams should be like 99 cent a pound
Whole wheat pasta is cheap and diet friendly if you dont mind higher gluten content, GI is still comparable
Fishoil/omega's 3/6/9 capsules are easy way to get fats intake, you could even superload
Drop the multivitamin - if you have a well rounded bulk diet you wont need em - that means fruits/veggies too.

If you can order supps online do so - you'll find better deals. And GNC will rip your wallet in half.
Bodybuilding on a budget!
I don't know why I never thought of goin to a store like that. I think the closest costco is 2 hours from me but my girlfriend's mom is in Sam's Club about once a month. Thanks for the help.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Ok, I just talked my girl into us gettin a Sams Club card so I'm prolly goin up there tomorrow. Here's my list so far. Any critiques?
Eggs, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Raisins, Mixed Nuts, Honey, Cottage Cheese, Ground Beef, Chicken, Whole Wheat Pasta, Mixed Fruit, Whole Milk, Juice,

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I dont think juice is needed. Or raisins. The rest looks like good bulk food. Maybe not honey either.
Use that money for veggies - you need em to maintain positive nitrogen balance in blood and preserve mass.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I dont think juice is needed. Or raisins. The rest looks like good bulk food. Maybe not honey either.
Use that money for veggies - you need em to maintain positive nitrogen balance in blood and preserve mass.
Im usin the raisins and honey to give some homemade protien bars some flavor. The juice is mainly because I have a bad habbit of gettin tired of water all day at work and comin home and slammin a few sodas. Figured some juice would help me fight that temptation. I definitely need to add veggies to the list. My diet lately has been lots of protien and carbs but I haven't had much in the way of fruit or veggies in the past couple weeks.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
For Sam's club, they've got a great deal on ground beef. They come in burger patty shape and are good 90/10. Amazing. also, about $4/lb. Can't beat it.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
get to know the clearance times for meat products ,cut out coupons its not hard to come in under budget but it does take a little work

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Im usin the raisins and honey to give some homemade protien bars some flavor. The juice is mainly because I have a bad habbit of gettin tired of water all day at work and comin home and slammin a few sodas. Figured some juice would help me fight that temptation. I definitely need to add veggies to the list. My diet lately has been lots of protien and carbs but I haven't had much in the way of fruit or veggies in the past couple weeks.
OK, I see you there. I like the suggested idea of crystal light. Have you ever considered brewing a massive amount of iced tea? All my water intake is 1/2 a gallon of brewed green tea (5 bags) poured back in with some lemon juice. vegetables will prevent constipation too.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
OK, I see you there. I like the suggested idea of crystal light. Have you ever considered brewing a massive amount of iced tea? All my water intake is 1/2 a gallon of brewed green tea (5 bags) poured back in with some lemon juice. vegetables will prevent constipation too.
I normally drink a lot of sweet tea, and ya it didn take long for my gut to notice I increased protien and wasn't eatin many veggies lol. I got a whole bunch of different kinds of canned veggies and several fresh ones yesterday. I also got a few different kinds of mixed fruit and some fresh bananas. Im not gonna go into all the groceries I got cuz nobody wants to read that much but I think I got everything y'all recomended except yogurt and cottage cheese. I completely forgot about em untill last night.

misterj

Awards
You can get some cheap bulk whey on ebay. I think American whey has some 10-20lb boxes of the flavorless stuff. It's good and cheap - as long as you dont mind the occasional rat or grasshopper in your whey (It's just extra protien as far as I'm concerned....:saevil:

Rick Swizzle

Awards
Bro, theres no big secret on bulking. With the rest of that money, go load up on red meat (lean) and broccli. The broccli will help pull the fat thrgh ur digestive system.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I buy lemons buy the bagful and cut them up and squeeze them into my water. It does make it easier to drink since I am not a water person either. Lemons are cheap and have Vitamin C.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Almost what eveyrone else said. Arnold used dairy to bulk. It just works. Makes you look a little fatter from extra water retention but you are bulking so shouldnt care about that. Drink a gallon of milk every two days, eat at least 6 eggs a day (whites), oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, tortillas, pastas, etc. Bulking on the cheap is easy. Vegetables to bulk is not fun lol...you pretty much need to be eating them 24 hours a day to bulk haha.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I buy lemons buy the bagful and cut them up and squeeze them into my water. It does make it easier to drink since I am not a water person either. Lemons are cheap and have Vitamin C.
They increase metabolism too though o.0

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
The one thing i noticed when i was trying to bulk on a budget is that 1 Gallon of whole milk a day is like 2000+ calories by itself, I would buy weight gainer ($50 for about 9 days @ 2 Servings a day) but for about half the price i could have gotten the calories from milk(1 gallon of milk where i live is $2-3$ so for the same 9 days it would be $18-$27 which is about half the price). Only drawback is that you have to make frequent stops to pickup milk but it IS cheaper than ANY weight gainer/protein powder. Milk doesn't provide as much protein as a weight gainer/protein shake BUT you more than likely can get it from other food.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
The one thing i noticed when i was trying to bulk on a budget is that 1 Gallon of whole milk a day is like 2000+ calories by itself, I would buy weight gainer ($50 for about 9 days @ 2 Servings a day) but for about half the price i could have gotten the calories from milk(1 gallon of milk where i live is $2-3$ so for the same 9 days it would be $18-$27 which is about half the price). Only drawback is that you have to make frequent stops to pickup milk but it IS cheaper than ANY weight gainer/protein powder. Milk doesn't provide as much protein as a weight gainer/protein shake BUT you more than likely can get it from other food.

This is very true. I would say this is a great substitute when it comes to bargain bulking. The GOMAD diet was ok, minus the fact that it is increadly hard to drink a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of water for hydration every day. That was of course my problem, others may have been able to do both.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
This is very true. I would say this is a great substitute when it comes to bargain bulking. The GOMAD diet was ok, minus the fact that it is increadly hard to drink a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of water for hydration every day. That was of course my problem, others may have been able to do both.
Good point i didn't think about the gallon of water a day too, guess you'd have to camp out at the urinal haha

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I've always been called crazy for drinkin as much milk as I do. Since I was in junior high I have tried to drink at least a half gallon a day every day. At first I just like milk, then around 9th grade I started about strength trainin and figured out it was helpful. The only problem I have with drinkin it now is that I'm only at home, awake, for about 4-5 hours during the week, so drinkin a whole gallon aint possible. I have done a lot of work lately to fix my diet, but my biggest problem now is getting enough calories at work. I get two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, but it is around 120-130 degrees in the plant so if I eat very much, I get sick from the heat. I drink a bottle of water every hour and I am still slightly dehydrated and starvin at the end of the day. Any ideas of extrememly high calorie, not very filling, food?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I've always been called crazy for drinkin as much milk as I do. Since I was in junior high I have tried to drink at least a half gallon a day every day. At first I just like milk, then around 9th grade I started about strength trainin and figured out it was helpful. The only problem I have with drinkin it now is that I'm only at home, awake, for about 4-5 hours during the week, so drinkin a whole gallon aint possible. I have done a lot of work lately to fix my diet, but my biggest problem now is getting enough calories at work. I get two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, but it is around 120-130 degrees in the plant so if I eat very much, I get sick from the heat. I drink a bottle of water every hour and I am still slightly dehydrated and starvin at the end of the day. Any ideas of extrememly high calorie, not very filling, food?
That's definitely a tricky one, first thing i thought of was Deep-Fried something.. Time to google it!

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Definitely a good idea. My girlfriend had her bridal shower today and we got a nice new deep frier. I'll have to put it to work.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Definitely a good idea. My girlfriend had her bridal shower today and we got a nice new deep frier. I'll have to put it to work.
Just do whatever you have to do, your in a tricky situation so it should help you out! Let us know how it goes.

rocheey

Awards
I know there are a hundred threads about where to start when bulking on a budget, but every time I look up the products it is still beyond my budget.
Its a bit embarrassing to admit right now, but last year, laid off, and fighting to be able to collect unemployment, I'd hit the free food pantries for 4, and only 4 items: powdered milk, powdered eggs, tuna, and peanut butter. My 'welfare bulk' cycle. i had cases off the stuff on my porch. I would mix 'em all up in a blender for a 700 calorie and 60 gram protien drink.

Yeah, it tasted like arse (I think even Ostarine tastes better!). My daughter called it my "Fear factor" shake.

I also discovered powdered milk is a little easier on the gut, if you are lactose intolerant.

mdpwrlifter

Awards
Ya GNC is horribly over priced. The only reason I still go in is because there is one on my way home from work, and since my ex screwed me over on a joint bank account I have to give cash to my girlfriend to put in her account if I wanna order somethin online, and thats a pain in the ass lol. But ya I found some sites that I can get 5 times as much stuff as at GNC so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order online.
you can get vanilla visa cards for ordering online..

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
For me, its:
Oats
Chicken breasts
pb

All from costco. All i eat in college lol

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Cottage cheese is an excellent source
This,

Just whatever you do don't get fat free it's probably the weirdest tasting thing I've ever eaten and since your bulking then you want the fat in there anyways :D