Budget Bulking

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. What's the nutrient profile of half a gallon?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    What's the nutrient profile of half a gallon?
    No clue, Maybe around 1200 calories for whole milk, 65 Grams of protein, 90 Grams of Carbs and 64 grams of fat.

    I just went with half of whatever this site said for a gallon. http://dailyburn.com/recipes/gallon_of_whole_milk
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
    •   
       


  3. Right on. I usually drink chocolate milk anyhow, I can't stand regular for some odd reason.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Right on. I usually drink chocolate milk anyhow, I can't stand regular for some odd reason.
    Whole milk I love, but the low fat and skim ones I don't care for. And I hate the soymilk my gf drinks, just taste odd and watery.

    And chocolate milk rocks, extra cals and carbs and I love it in my shakes. Not much better then some high quality/tasting protein like TruNurtritions cocoa ones, half frozen banana, and pb with chocolate milk. F'n amazing.

  5. Gotta try that. Usually I never make shakes
    •   
       


  6. CostCo FTW!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Im thinking a nice breading consisting of some whey powder. I wonder if you could coat chunky PB balls in that whey breading and deep fry it if the PB would hold up...Sounds like some Epic Meal Time Sheet!
    I'm definitely gonna try that this weekend. The best solution I have found to not being able to eat much at work without gettin sick in the heat has been Cherry Cream Cheese Danishes from the vending machine lol. They aint filling at all so I can still have some vegetables from home with it and it has nearly 600 calories and 75g carbs in each one. I started eating yogurt on the way to work and oatmeal with honey as soon as I get off, and then a massive dinner after my evening run.

  8. Getting protein is the toughest part.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    Getting protein is the toughest part.
    Why is getting more protein hard ?

  10. Out of the thre it usually takes the most prep and is expensive.

  11. Tuna & eggs are both cheap and simple to prepare. . .

  12. Yeah I bought some easy to prepare **** like that.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by senjuriko View Post
    Why is getting more protein hard ?
    Getting protein is the toughest part. Spend 5 seconds in a store and you can find a thousand things full of carbs, fiber, vitamins, etc that are cheap and prepackaged, easy to eat on the go stuff, but for something with a whole lot of protien, you either have to cook somethin, or spend a bunch of money.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    Tuna & eggs are both cheap and simple to prepare. . .
    Good for protein, not so much for bulking (depending on rest of your diet). You'd have to eat a ****load of tuna and eggs, I mean a can of it is only like 100 cals. If it's all you can afford then both are good sources for protein, personally I'd go nutz if majority of my diet was egg's and tuna, that would get old real fast lol. Plus eating high amounts of each will end up getting pricey as well, money that could have gone to red meats etc. Much rather eat bread and bananas and PB with honey like a mofo all day, that you won't get sick of LOL.

    Ground meat is great for bulking, usually the cheapest of the meat cut's and so many different ways to prepare and season it. I usually just make some scrambled egg's with spinach and feta once a day.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw
    Getting protein is the toughest part. Spend 5 seconds in a store and you can find a thousand things full of carbs, fiber, vitamins, etc that are cheap and prepackaged, easy to eat on the go stuff, but for something with a whole lot of protien, you either have to cook somethin, or spend a bunch of money.
    That is what I meant to say. Ha ha.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    That is what I meant to say. Ha ha.
    Ya I was just tryin to re-emphasize what you said lol

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw
    Ya I was just tryin to re-emphasize what you said lol
    Thank you sir.

  18. learning how to dress up food is one big key.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mich29
    learning how to dress up food is one big key.
    Explain?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    learning how to dress up food is one big key.
    Im guessin you mean learnin different ways to fix stuff so you can eat the same thing every day, day in and day out, and not get tired of it. Am I on track there?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw
    Im guessin you mean learnin different ways to fix stuff so you can eat the same thing every day, day in and day out, and not get tired of it. Am I on track there?
    Or add stuff to make it fit calorically

  22. Thats my problem. All the clorie calculators I have tried say I need 3500 calories minimum. Thats easy on the weekends but during the week that is hard to do working in the heat. I'm gettin married in a couple weeks so literally all my money is tied up in that. I'm doin good just to eat a big dinner every night, much less all day. To meet my calorie minimum it takes candies and cakes, but that doesnt make up much protein so it seems pointless.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw View Post
    Thats my problem. All the clorie calculators I have tried say I need 3500 calories minimum. Thats easy on the weekends but during the week that is hard to do working in the heat. I'm gettin married in a couple weeks so literally all my money is tied up in that. I'm doin good just to eat a big dinner every night, much less all day. To meet my calorie minimum it takes candies and cakes, but that doesnt make up much protein so it seems pointless.

    try this for finding maintenance calories

    370+(21.6x LBM in kg)= BMR then multiply this x 1.55 for maintenance

    or what ive been using lately (and much easier) body weight x 13
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443

  24. That will never work for him. He needs at least 4000 calories.

  25. You might just have to hold out on the bulk till the wedding man Sucks but do what you gotta do. Just take the time to get super lean!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

  26. Ya I dont think I'm gonna get much gains so I've been focusing a lot on cardio now. I keep losin weight but I have enough muscle that it aint TOO terrible.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw View Post
    Ya I dont think I'm gonna get much gains so I've been focusing a lot on cardio now. I keep losin weight but I have enough muscle that it aint TOO terrible.
    That's a good idea, as soon as the times right BAM you'll blow up because you'll have the calories. I have 1month of dieting before i bulk for the winter, SO PUMPED!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

  28. I use a calorie counter for my smartphone. It's amazing.

  29. I have to use a calculator, still don't have a smartphone yet.... Old school!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

  30. When you do get one. Calorie counter by fatsecret is awesome
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulking on a budget
    By mytime09 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
  2. $50 budget
    By cassimus in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 08:55 PM
  3. havoc pct...on a budget tho
    By brandon615 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
  4. Supplement Budget
    By taellian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Log in
Log in