Budget Bulking - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Budget Bulking

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    This is very true. I would say this is a great substitute when it comes to bargain bulking. The GOMAD diet was ok, minus the fact that it is increadly hard to drink a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of water for hydration every day. That was of course my problem, others may have been able to do both.
    Good point i didn't think about the gallon of water a day too, guess you'd have to camp out at the urinal haha
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I've always been called crazy for drinkin as much milk as I do. Since I was in junior high I have tried to drink at least a half gallon a day every day. At first I just like milk, then around 9th grade I started about strength trainin and figured out it was helpful. The only problem I have with drinkin it now is that I'm only at home, awake, for about 4-5 hours during the week, so drinkin a whole gallon aint possible. I have done a lot of work lately to fix my diet, but my biggest problem now is getting enough calories at work. I get two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, but it is around 120-130 degrees in the plant so if I eat very much, I get sick from the heat. I drink a bottle of water every hour and I am still slightly dehydrated and starvin at the end of the day. Any ideas of extrememly high calorie, not very filling, food?
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw View Post
    I've always been called crazy for drinkin as much milk as I do. Since I was in junior high I have tried to drink at least a half gallon a day every day. At first I just like milk, then around 9th grade I started about strength trainin and figured out it was helpful. The only problem I have with drinkin it now is that I'm only at home, awake, for about 4-5 hours during the week, so drinkin a whole gallon aint possible. I have done a lot of work lately to fix my diet, but my biggest problem now is getting enough calories at work. I get two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, but it is around 120-130 degrees in the plant so if I eat very much, I get sick from the heat. I drink a bottle of water every hour and I am still slightly dehydrated and starvin at the end of the day. Any ideas of extrememly high calorie, not very filling, food?
    That's definitely a tricky one, first thing i thought of was Deep-Fried something.. Time to google it!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Definitely a good idea. My girlfriend had her bridal shower today and we got a nice new deep frier. I'll have to put it to work.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Definitely a good idea. My girlfriend had her bridal shower today and we got a nice new deep frier. I'll have to put it to work.
    Just do whatever you have to do, your in a tricky situation so it should help you out! Let us know how it goes.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

I know there are a hundred threads about where to start when bulking on a budget, but every time I look up the products it is still beyond my budget.
    Its a bit embarrassing to admit right now, but last year, laid off, and fighting to be able to collect unemployment, I'd hit the free food pantries for 4, and only 4 items: powdered milk, powdered eggs, tuna, and peanut butter. My 'welfare bulk' cycle. i had cases off the stuff on my porch. I would mix 'em all up in a blender for a 700 calorie and 60 gram protien drink.

Yeah, it tasted like arse (I think even Ostarine tastes better!). My daughter called it my "Fear factor" shake.

I also discovered powdered milk is a little easier on the gut, if you are lactose intolerant.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Ya GNC is horribly over priced. The only reason I still go in is because there is one on my way home from work, and since my ex screwed me over on a joint bank account I have to give cash to my girlfriend to put in her account if I wanna order somethin online, and thats a pain in the ass lol. But ya I found some sites that I can get 5 times as much stuff as at GNC so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and order online.
    you can get vanilla visa cards for ordering online..
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

For me, its:
    Oats
    Chicken breasts
    pb

All from costco. All i eat in college lol
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bomcgraw

Awesome, I was actually just wonderin about night time protien. Thanks
    Cottage cheese is an excellent source
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by senjuriko View Post
    Cottage cheese is an excellent source
    This,

Just whatever you do don't get fat free it's probably the weirdest tasting thing I've ever eaten and since your bulking then you want the fat in there anyways
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    This,

Just whatever you do don't get fat free it's probably the weirdest tasting thing I've ever eaten and since your bulking then you want the fat in there anyways
    Oh god Fat Free CC is HORRIBLE like sucking down snot
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Oh god Fat Free CC is HORRIBLE like sucking down snot
    YES, NEVER AGAIN!!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Im thinking a nice breading consisting of some whey powder. I wonder if you could coat chunky PB balls in that whey breading and deep fry it if the PB would hold up...Sounds like some Epic Meal Time Sheet!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Im thinking a nice breading consisting of some whey powder. I wonder if you could coat chunky PB balls in that whey breading and deep fry it if the PB would hold up...Sounds like some Epic Meal Time Sheet!
    That sounds really good i'm gonna see if my friend wants to help me make it he has a deep fryer haha
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

make an epic meal time video of it. haha.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    This is very true. I would say this is a great substitute when it comes to bargain bulking. The GOMAD diet was ok, minus the fact that it is increadly hard to drink a gallon of whole milk and a gallon of water for hydration every day. That was of course my problem, others may have been able to do both.
    That... and GOMAD will have you ****ting and farting your brains out all day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    OK, I see you there. I like the suggested idea of crystal light. Have you ever considered brewing a massive amount of iced tea? All my water intake is 1/2 a gallon of brewed green tea (5 bags) poured back in with some lemon juice. vegetables will prevent constipation too.
    That's my trick as I too get sick of just drinking water, but I can down ice tea all day long, I just buy the publix brand bags and make it almost every two days.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Gomad would kill me. Ha ha. Too much Lactose.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter View Post
    Gomad would kill me. Ha ha. Too much Lactose.
    I think a half a gallon a day max is best overall, full gallon everyday for weeks or months is overkill. Everyone I know that has tried that has given up after 2-3 weeks from all the ****ting and farting. My old neighbor stopped b/c he said his a-hole was hurting so much from ****ting and wiping it felt raw lol.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

That's nasty. Yeah, I aim for the half gallon thing too.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

I think i'll aim for half a gallon too because i don't want to be constantly pooping/wiping :S
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

What's the nutrient profile of half a gallon?
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

What's the nutrient profile of half a gallon?
    No clue, Maybe around 1200 calories for whole milk, 65 Grams of protein, 90 Grams of Carbs and 64 grams of fat.

I just went with half of whatever this site said for a gallon. http://dailyburn.com/recipes/gallon_of_whole_milk
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Right on. I usually drink chocolate milk anyhow, I can't stand regular for some odd reason.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Right on. I usually drink chocolate milk anyhow, I can't stand regular for some odd reason.
    Whole milk I love, but the low fat and skim ones I don't care for. And I hate the soymilk my gf drinks, just taste odd and watery.

And chocolate milk rocks, extra cals and carbs and I love it in my shakes. Not much better then some high quality/tasting protein like TruNurtritions cocoa ones, half frozen banana, and pb with chocolate milk. F'n amazing.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Gotta try that. Usually I never make shakes
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

CostCo FTW!
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I'm definitely gonna try that this weekend. The best solution I have found to not being able to eat much at work without gettin sick in the heat has been Cherry Cream Cheese Danishes from the vending machine lol. They aint filling at all so I can still have some vegetables from home with it and it has nearly 600 calories and 75g carbs in each one. I started eating yogurt on the way to work and oatmeal with honey as soon as I get off, and then a massive dinner after my evening run.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Getting protein is the toughest part.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mdpwrlifter
    Getting protein is the toughest part.
    Why is getting more protein hard ?
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Out of the thre it usually takes the most prep and is expensive.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Tuna & eggs are both cheap and simple to prepare. . .
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Yeah I bought some easy to prepare **** like that.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by senjuriko View Post
    Why is getting more protein hard ?
    Getting protein is the toughest part. Spend 5 seconds in a store and you can find a thousand things full of carbs, fiber, vitamins, etc that are cheap and prepackaged, easy to eat on the go stuff, but for something with a whole lot of protien, you either have to cook somethin, or spend a bunch of money.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    Tuna & eggs are both cheap and simple to prepare. . .
    Good for protein, not so much for bulking (depending on rest of your diet). You'd have to eat a ****load of tuna and eggs, I mean a can of it is only like 100 cals. If it's all you can afford then both are good sources for protein, personally I'd go nutz if majority of my diet was egg's and tuna, that would get old real fast lol. Plus eating high amounts of each will end up getting pricey as well, money that could have gone to red meats etc. Much rather eat bread and bananas and PB with honey like a mofo all day, that you won't get sick of LOL.

Ground meat is great for bulking, usually the cheapest of the meat cut's and so many different ways to prepare and season it. I usually just make some scrambled egg's with spinach and feta once a day.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Getting protein is the toughest part. Spend 5 seconds in a store and you can find a thousand things full of carbs, fiber, vitamins, etc that are cheap and prepackaged, easy to eat on the go stuff, but for something with a whole lot of protien, you either have to cook somethin, or spend a bunch of money.
    That is what I meant to say. Ha ha.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

That is what I meant to say. Ha ha.
    Ya I was just tryin to re-emphasize what you said lol
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Ya I was just tryin to re-emphasize what you said lol
    Thank you sir.
  38. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

learning how to dress up food is one big key.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mich29
    Explain?
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    Im guessin you mean learnin different ways to fix stuff so you can eat the same thing every day, day in and day out, and not get tired of it. Am I on track there?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking on a budget
    By mytime09 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
  2. $50 budget
    By cassimus in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 07:55 PM
  3. havoc pct...on a budget tho
    By brandon615 in forum Supplements