Working in heat and trying to bulk?

Layddually

Awards
I work outside in the sun about 12hrs a day during the summer. It is already over 100 here. I was gaining good until busy season hit. My job is very labor intensive so i did cut out cardio from my workout. So question is should I just wait till cooler weather to start bulking again? Kinda sucks because that won't be till October.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep bulking. I ran into the same problem when I started my new job a couple years back. I was working in 100+ degree reactor rooms wearing flame resistant coveralls, and sweating like a pig. I increased my water intake and added some extra sodium to replace the sweat lost, and I stuck to more fatty foods like beef roasts and ground beef meals rather than fish and chicken, and carbed up even more than usual. One of my meals I would actually have to replace time to time with an extra protein shake made with whole milk, eggs, oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, a banana, and a scoop of whey, because I would get so hot I felt like I had no room for real food. I brought a blender with me to work. I also learned to prioritise my **** better so I actually had time for a full 8 hours of sleep every night, and in the event that I would wake up in the middle of the night to piss (which happened almost every night) I had a water/casein shake next to my bed ready for me to slam it before passing back out.

I don't have to worry about that now, I got promoted and now I work in the air conditioned buildings doing different/less work :)

Good luck.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work outside in the sun about 12hrs a day during the summer. It is already over 100 here. I was gaining good until busy season hit. My job is very labor intensive so i did cut out cardio from my workout. So question is should I just wait till cooler weather to start bulking again? Kinda sucks because that won't be till October.
If you want to "bulk", then bulk. Just make sure that you are EATING ENOUGH to make gains!

~Rosie~

Layddually

Awards
I'm still trying but it's tough I am work 12-14 hrs a day in the sun. I get home about 8pm and wake up at 4:30am. I have to drink alot of shakes too because it's hard to eat when it's hot. Thanks for the input.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
I'm still trying but it's tough I am work 12-14 hrs a day in the sun. I get home about 8pm and wake up at 4:30am. I have to drink alot of shakes too because it's hard to eat when it's hot. Thanks for the input.
I have the same problem. If I eat too much on my lunch then I get sick from the heat, but my 2 breaks before and after aint even long enough mix a shake so I just have to eat a candy bar or whatever I feel like I can stuff down that day. Sweatin all day and havin a high metabolism make it hard for me to take in enough calories durin the day, especially on my paycheck. I keep a jar of peanut butter and several bottles of water in my truck for any chance I get to add some carbs and rehydrate.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Keep bulking. Make sure your water intake is higher then most people. I know its hard to have a good appetite in hot weather, but make sure you get enough real food instead of all those shakes. Try to eat smaller meals often throughout the day, even if its just a PB and J sandwich and a granola bar. Also keep lots of fruits in your diet because they are easy to eat in the heat.