What kind of diet should i be on?

chubbsthedog6

Awards
Ok so im 17 years old pretty close to 18 and i only weigh 160 at 5'11"...

i constantly eat all i can but i really cant seem to gain weight im pretty sure im not a hardgainer cause earlier i was able to gain lots of weight but i really cant anymore... I was thinking of doing the GOMED diet but i already have a lot of acne and my parents said absolutely not cause of the sides and stuff. But i really want to get up to like 170 but not lose much if any of my definition eg. six pack so iwaqs just seein if u guys cause suggest a bunch of different foods that would be good for this and maybe like a few day sample diet? i know its a lot of work but i would really appreciate it thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok so im 17 years old pretty close to 18 and i only weigh 160 at 5'11"...

i constantly eat all i can but i really cant seem to gain weight im pretty sure im not a hardgainer cause earlier i was able to gain lots of weight but i really cant anymore... I was thinking of doing the GOMED diet but i already have a lot of acne and my parents said absolutely not cause of the sides and stuff. But i really want to get up to like 170 but not lose much if any of my definition eg. six pack so iwaqs just seein if u guys cause suggest a bunch of different foods that would be good for this and maybe like a few day sample diet? i know its a lot of work but i would really appreciate it thanks
It doesn't matter what kind of diet you follow, and there is no need to follow a specific one, IMO - as long as you are eating enough for gains, then you should be fine.

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and you won't gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Examples of good food to include in your diet:

As for "diet plans", because they should be individualized to the specific person, so should yours. There are so many diet plans out there, including samples of them, for gaining muscle mass - once you know your Maintenance, you can look at one and adapt it for you to work optimally. If not, then get a professional to do it for you.

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

I am going to add in here (since I know many your age look at this, thinking it's going to do more than it will) that the ONLY supplements you need at your age are the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) to gain mass - the only ones I recommend that you get are a multivitamin and creatine, since you should be able to get all your good fats protein, and BCAAs needs from your nutrition. I I don't recommend using anything else but these basic staples until you are older and have built up a solid training base - NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

All the best!

~Rosie~

Collateral

Collateral

Awards
Oh and also..... Oh no wait Rosie has covered IT ALL !

If you cant get big with the above advice dude, then give up!

(All jokes aside, eat eat eat and then eat some more...)

chubbsthedog6

Awards
started at 159.8 and after two weeks i am already weighing 166.2... very happy so far i guess i just didnt realize how much you really do have to eat and i really dont think much if any is fat so far still shootin for 170 though!