An idea for bulking

Chico222

Awards
I've never tried this, but I was thinking:
So I'm slowly but surely losing weight (not good).
What do you guys think about eating my 5 meals over a 3 meal period? If eating frequently keeps your metabolism going, then maybe eating the same amount, but over 3 meals would slow down your metabolism. Tips?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What do you guys think about eating my 5 meals over a 3 meal period? If eating frequently keeps your metabolism going, then maybe eating the same amount, but over 3 meals would slow down your metabolism. Tips?
eating frequently doesn't raise your metabolism, sorry. Just take in more calories.

Chico222

Awards
Thanks. I already eat frequently. I don't know what the heck is going on; maybe overtraining, I'm taking a week off to see if that helps.

I can almost remember maintaining my weight easier by eating 3 bigger meals with a pwo shake as opposed to the 5 meals with 2 shakes I'm eating now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, the thing is if you have been gaining muscle mass, your maintenance is rising at the same time. Its a constant battle to figure out what maintenance is

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
tips is you need ot eat more, your diet is off if your losing muscle, it will have nothing to do with only having 3 meals just means your 5 meals are not cutting it.
add in penutbutter sandwich 2 X a day and add 2 tbs of peanutbutter to your smoothy/protein drink and blend up.
4tbs of PB = 400cal

I would not rec cutting back on meals just try to pump 2 of them up bigger and look at yoru ratios of protein, carb, fat.
protein would be good at 200-300g ed

I would rec BCAA's or BC+EAA link: http://www.lgsciences.com/Amino-Acids-p/bc-eaa.htm
pre or during workout and PostWO also to help.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I already eat frequently. I don't know what the heck is going on; maybe overtraining, I'm taking a week off to see if that helps.

I can almost remember maintaining my weight easier by eating 3 bigger meals with a pwo shake as opposed to the 5 meals with 2 shakes I'm eating now.
how often are you trainning?
here are some tips that put on 40lb opn me ont he passed 4-5 yrs alone (and i dont eat meat what so ever for over 8 years)

*dont trian same body part more then 1-2 times per week.
*dont workout every day!
*work out every other day, MAX 2 days in row.
*workouts should be heavy with max reps around 6-8 reps max or add more lbs and not longer then 1hr about no less then 30 min (in my op)
* google : DC training, its a good style i so somthing liek it bu twith more seats aand a coupel more reps per set.

yes thats right if i work chest , i dont work it again till about 6-7 days later! might sound crazy but if you knwo about body basics its not.
you DONT grow when workout out , you grow when resting and getting in right foods. keep that in mind ALWAYS!

good luck! :)