first post/first stack/

misterj

Awards
Hi everyone, I'm 31, 5'9" 170lbs. I just joined this site a few days ago, and find it fascinating. It's answered tons of questions since I don't really have any friends into this stuff. Been lifting for a while, just had to learn on my own.
I've been bulking for a month or so with 3000-3500 calories and tons of compound lifts - kind of a max OT type routine. I was making good gains - a pound or so a week. I bought a trifecta stack, which happened to be the old one with the mmv2. Then, I had a back injury and was in bed for a week. Diet went down the tubes, no lifting. I'm doing pretty good at the gym now, but I had to drop weight on some lifts (mainly deads and squats). My stack finally arrived, and I was wondering if I should wait until i'm back to 100% or better before even starting the stack? Any other advise for me for this stack, especially since it's my first?
Also, I have noticed others mentioning joint problems while on PH's. I am already prone to these problems - should I supp with something extra to combat this? Actually, I could use some advise in general about supps or whatever for joint issues (mainly knees, but some elbow/shoulder too)
finally, I have noticed others having a fairly high fat content diet-wise (during bulk). I usually keep fat at 70g or so a day. 1 - 1.5g per pound of protein, and the rest carbs. Should I be upping the fat? Or is that different for everyone?

azbetterman

Awards
Welcome! From one new guy to another.
This is an awesome site. I've learned a lot too but remember, some information is only someones opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I can't comment on what you should do about your stack because I am still learning that myself. What I do know is that Omega3 is great for your joints among other things. I would also recommend Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I use that regularly and I really feel a difference if I run out.

Glucosamine and Chondroitin does take a while to get into your system as with a lot of supplements but the benefits are undeniable.

misterj

Awards
great, thanks. I tried glucosamine and chondroitin once before, but i probably gave up before they had a chance to really do some good. I didn't know they took a while.