Bulking diet training day vs. off days - AnabolicMinds.com

Bulking diet training day vs. off days

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  182 lbs.

Bulking diet training day vs. off days

I'm playing around with how many calories I eat based on what activities I do for that given day. It seems reasonable that one would need more calories on training days, or even highly active days, than on off or less active days. I think I've found the caloric window that works for me, but I'm curious if anyone else takes this approach. To reiterate, do you consume more on training or highly active days to compensate for the calories burned? Here are my diet stats for the last week for example:

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by candle25 View Post
    I'm playing around with how many calories I eat based on what activities I do for that given day. It seems reasonable that one would need more calories on training days, or even highly active days, than on off or less active days. I think I've found the caloric window that works for me, but I'm curious if anyone else takes this approach. To reiterate, do you consume more on training or highly active days to compensate for the calories burned?
    Some individuals eat more on training days and less on non-training days; others eat more on non-training days; others alternate their caloric intake - I've done all three. Everyone is different, with different optimal timing and consumption of their calories. My caloric intake still varies widely on a day-to-day basis, but no, I do not consume more calories "on training or highly active days to compensate for the calories burned".

In the end, it's not as important what you have on a daily basis compared to how your caloric consumption pans out over the week, IMO, and as long as you are meeting your caloric requirements for your goal, then you should have no issues in achieving that goal.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  208 lbs.

Rosie, are you not on board with the idea of a CHO cycle for lean bulk or recomp? Just curious?

Regards
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TheKanezzi View Post
    Rosie, are you not on board with the idea of a CHO cycle for lean bulk or recomp? Just curious?

Regards
    I advocate calorie and/or carbohydrate cycling, and this is something that I do personally myself, not to mention that my body loves to recomp and so this is what I pretty much do perpetually, so not sure why you would think I was "not on board with the idea".

In saying this, that is not my interpretation of what the OP was saying or asking - they said, "it seems reasonable that one would need more calories on training days, or even highly active days, than on off or less active days" and asked "do you consume more on training or highly active days to compensate for the calories burned?"

One does not necessarily "need" more calories on training or highly active days than on off or less active days - everyone's body is different and therefore has different requirements.

I do not consume more on training or highly active days to "compensate" for the calories burned - not everyone is "compensating" for something and not everything needs compensating for.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

it jsut stinks cuz theres always gonna be an answer on both sides ya know.....sum people wil say yea dude eat less on off days, su will say eat more, some will say never change.......gotta play around.....its fustrating but at the same time, its what makes this fun sumtimes.....never stay the same I say, try it all.....see what works, do taht for a while then play ar ound a little, who knows what youll find!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    it jsut stinks cuz theres always gonna be an answer on both sides ya know.....sum people wil say yea dude eat less on off days, su will say eat more, some will say never change.......gotta play around.....its fustrating but at the same time, its what makes this fun sumtimes.....never stay the same I say, try it all.....see what works, do taht for a while then play ar ound a little, who knows what youll find!
    Not trying to be a d@ck, but atrocious spelling is "fustrating" too!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    Not trying to be a d@ck, but atrocious spelling is "fustrating" too!
    haha sorry i tend to just type real fast and not read what im writing lol sorry
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    haha sorry i tend to just type real fast and not read what im writing lol sorry
    No worries--I wasn't trying to be harsh. . .but I have noticed you tendency to 'play fast & loose' w/ your spelling. Sometimes it's hard to understand (and can come off as disrespectful).
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

yea...sorry if it comes off bad, ill try to focus more on it....anyways, where is the op? lol
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  182 lbs.

Just letting you gentlemen finish. After further study, it seems that holding at a constant caloric intake works best for me. The theory of reducing on off days is sound , but the data indicates differently. Notice how weight drops following lower caloric days despite having done less activity. I'm sure there may be some compunding effect, simmilar to creatine load not being utilized untill the following day, but the simplified take for me is to just maintian a caloric constant.

Weight-Log-4.19.11

Similar Forum Threads

1. OVT or HST Training? no leg days tho..
    By redrocket399 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 04:55 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
  3. Diet on training days VS non training days..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
  4. Training while having 2-a-days?
    By Bishop2009 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
  5. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 01:43 PM