I'll just let others answer

Last edited:
Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^ What's wrong with you man ? Can't you just answer his question

Bro, how old are you ? HGH less sides, takes a long time to gain but you keep all gains

Steroids, nasty side effects, gains in couple weeks and you will lose up to 50% of gains

but 6'1'' 170, steroids are not a good choice and if you are young HGH is not a good choice

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Alot of things work different for different people in your situation I'd just keep to the common gainer,creatine,bcaa's then think about steroids down the road when you get your weight up and have plateaued.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Alot of things work different for different people in your situation I'd just keep to the common gainer,creatine,bcaa's then think about steroids down the road when you get your weight up and have plateaued.
Word.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established

Bro, how old are you ? HGH less sides, takes a long time to gain but you keep all gains

Steroids, nasty side effects, gains in couple weeks and you will lose up to 50% of gains

but 6'1'' 170, steroids are not a good choice and if you are young HGH is not a good choice
Sorry bit this is a horrible explanation/generalization of both AAS and HGH. 50% loss of gains, gains made in a couple weeks? What about people on test?

Less sides on HGH? So gyno is considered an insignificant side?

OP best thing anyone can tell you is to do your own research, for you to make what is a very personal decision. To add to your list, I would suggest researching peptides/sarms.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow....I do not know where to start. At 6'1 170 you are ready to use neither.

Lossing 50%of ur gains means u are either very close to ur absolute genetic potential...wich means its time for hgh nd peptides. Or it could means ur pct sucks.

Hgh does not cause gyno, maybe some carpal tunnel or acromegaloy [sp?] or blood sugar issues.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow....I do not know where to start. At 6'1 170 you are ready to use neither.

Lossing 50%of ur gains means u are either very close to ur absolute genetic potential...wich means its time for hgh nd peptides. Or it could means ur pct sucks.

Hgh does not cause gyno, maybe some carpal tunnel or acromegaloy [sp?] or blood sugar issues.

Ok, you run Anadrol and Test and tell me how much you will keep... It depends on diet and what you are running of course, but most people like the OP that don't know how to diet will lose up to 50% for sure, maybe more... My friend gained 25 pounds lost, 10, that's a lil close to 50%

@ Bashman stop bashing me man ! As far as most people go, They RUN TEST For 12 weeks maximum okay ??? No idiot should go on test for 6 months like HGH unless they compete, not talking about TRT tho

And **** yea Gyno is an ugly side effect, You wanna be muscular to take your shirt off not to show some nice set of tits... and everyones body is different, maybe you don't get too many sides on AAS

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Nothing!! Youve obviously done NO research, so you shouldnt even be contemplating anything like this...

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
what should i go with and what do you recommend
growth for sure. Permant muscle, overall health benefits are great.

i wouldnt waste your time with less then 6 months though

min 4.. but 6 better.

2-4 IUs per day.

good luck man

this guy

Awards
thats the thing though, i have been working out and eating religiously for a few years and in like 3 years iv gained 5 lbs. so that itself isnt working. it runs in my family to stay skinny so there has to be something other than eat a ton and lots of protein because thats all i have been doing

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
thats the thing though, i have been working out and eating religiously for a few years and in like 3 years iv gained 5 lbs. so that itself isnt working. it runs in my family to stay skinny so there has to be something other than eat a ton and lots of protein because thats all i have been doing
yea eat a ton of protein AND fat. and if you can get away with carbs and not get fat. all the more power to you.

just eat

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established

check his other posts....copycat was probably on to something. :troll:

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
yea eat a ton of protein AND fat. and if you can get away with carbs and not get fat. all the more power to you.

just eat
Eat a balanced diet to gain.
Protien/carbs/fat calories:
35% /45%/ 20%

Is a good ratio for weight gain and good health in general.
On days you lift up the protein a bit.
Carbs are key for energy in muscles and brain function, don't cut them out unless you know what you are doing.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Eat a balanced diet to gain.
Protien/carbs/fat calories:
35% /45%/ 20%

Is a good ratio for weight gain and good health in general.
On days you lift up the protein a bit.
Carbs are key for energy in muscles and brain function, don't cut them out unless you know what you are doing.
thats niot necessarily true ketones and triglycerides provide much more only really RBCs need glucose and very minimal which you can get from conversion of lactate but thats neither here nore there.

i think an isocaloric diet 33% of each macro would be great

sams # of cals of coming from each macro should hold you well. a diet based around carbs is really no good. My research points me towards isocaloric as superior.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
thats niot necessarily true ketones and triglycerides provide much more only really RBCs need glucose and very minimal which you can get from conversion of lactate but thats neither here nore there.

sams # of cals of coming from each macro should hold you well. a diet based around carbs is really no good. My research points me towards isocaloric as superior.
I read a bit about this from Dan Duchaine regarding isocaloric and his bodyopus nutrition book. Very interesting read...

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dan Duchaine was a great guy.

HGH WILL NOT CAUSE GYNO.

Yes test and drol will make you gain alot of water weight, prob an easy 10lbs if you do not use an AI. So holding 15 lbs on a "25"lb gain is more like he kept more the 50% by my math. But my gripe is not with that so sorry if I came off wrong.

Op get a clue bro. Start a log telling how many calories and your macro breakdown is along with your height age weight activity level. Ect ect. Its been done before and unless u are a marvel of modern science changes are you just have an inadequate diet.

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established

The brain needs glucose to function, you're right, ketone bodies can fill this need However, many parts of the brain still rely exclusively on glucose as do RBC's. Ketosis will give very effective results for fat loss and if this diet is followed for long periods, will also be very hard on the liver and kidney function as well as ketones spill into the urine and lower blood PH.

My point is that at 6'1" and 170, the OP needs to eat and cutting carbs is the LAST thing he should be told to do to gain weight. The recommendation I gave is that of the DRI committee (a collaborative effort of researchers in US and Canada) and is withheld as the utmost standard in nutrient recommendations. (no disrespect to Dan Duchaines research)

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I read a bit about this from Dan Duchaine regarding isocaloric and his bodyopus nutrition book. Very interesting read...
This was my bible back in the mid-nineties. I still have this book today! Dan Duchaine and Bill Phillips paved the way for the AAS/supplement industry.

Miiex1

Awards
yo man youre like me im 20 years old 6'1 170 but trust me dont lose faith in weight gaining it will happen! take natural supplements like prime, and powerfull and a creatine and youll for sure get stronger. if youre getting stronger and eating properly theres no way you cant gain weight!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eat more than that, then.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
If you say you've been training and eating for 3 years and have only gained 5 lbs of muscle then you are doing it wrong.

What's your training like. What's a day of your food like?

If you don't mind the possibility of your face, organs, and belly growing as well as your muscles, HGH can turn you into a giant, but your diet and training has to be right first, as it doesn't sound like it is.

Same with Test, Ive heard horror stories of dudes who have done a cycle and gained or kept very little because their diet and training was retarded.

Neither are a good choice for you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me gues, you are afraid to eat too much though becuase you don't want to lose your abs either?

WerdUp

Awards
Get your diet in check first. HGH is a terrible idea at your age, imho.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
How many threads can htis guy open?

JeremyT

Awards
I have the same problem man. I cannot break 170 pounds even at a tracked 6000 calorie a day diet for 2 months straight. And if I stop eating that much, I loose it and go back to 163 pounds. If I could get fat, I WOULD, I don't give a **** about my abs. My whole plan was just called 'operation get fat'. When I started lifting i was 128 pounds at my height, so I have put on 40 pounds since then, but that doesn't seem to matter. My whole family is skinny. I have thought about doing both many times, as all the OTC supplements I have tried have helped things like libido, but not any sort of weight gain. I am at my witts end, just like most people our height and weight. I have H-drol, Epi, and M-drol bottles sitting in my top drawer and I would have used them already if I could just find the damn SERMS I need in Canada. Its not the same as the US for how simple they are.

Keep trying to perservere man. Try to think of it like this, 'if I can't be the biggest guy, or never will be, I can try and at least be the strongest' Train for strength, wear big sweaters, and stop looking in the mirror.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the same problem man. I cannot break 170 pounds even at a tracked 6000 calorie a day diet for 2 months straight.
then reduce your physical activity level, or go to 6500 or 7000 calories

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
then reduce your physical activity level, or go to 6500 or 7000 calories
Exactly its all about creating a calorie surplus remember 3500 calories equals one pound.
I dont care how fast you think your metabolism is, you are either not eating enough, or burning off the calories by overtraining. At your height and weight, reaching 200 in a year shouldn't be a problem.

JComp

Awards
I have the same problem man. I cannot break 170 pounds even at a tracked 6000 calorie a day diet for 2 months straight. And if I stop eating that much, I loose it and go back to 163 pounds. If I could get fat, I WOULD, I don't give a **** about my abs. My whole plan was just called 'operation get fat'. When I started lifting i was 128 pounds at my height, so I have put on 40 pounds since then, but that doesn't seem to matter. My whole family is skinny. I have thought about doing both many times, as all the OTC supplements I have tried have helped things like libido, but not any sort of weight gain. I am at my witts end, just like most people our height and weight. I have H-drol, Epi, and M-drol bottles sitting in my top drawer and I would have used them already if I could just find the damn SERMS I need in Canada. Its not the same as the US for how simple they are.

Keep trying to perservere man. Try to think of it like this, 'if I can't be the biggest guy, or never will be, I can try and at least be the strongest' Train for strength, wear big sweaters, and stop looking in the mirror.
I was the same way and thought the same thing. Like they said, eat more, if you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight its that simple.

JeremyT

Awards
Exactly its all about creating a calorie surplus remember 3500 calories equals one pound.
I dont care how fast you think your metabolism is, you are either not eating enough, or burning off the calories by overtraining. At your height and weight, reaching 200 in a year shouldn't be a problem.
Not to hijack the thread, but MAN i wish that were possible! After being stuck at 165 for 2 years, it seems beyond my reach.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to hijack the thread, but MAN i wish that were possible! After being stuck at 165 for 2 years, it seems beyond my reach.
More food. Add 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter or coconut oil to each meal, or do a shotglass of olive oil at each meal. Easy dense calories.

JComp

Awards
More food. Add 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter or coconut oil to each meal, or do a shotglass of olive oil at each meal. Easy dense calories.
A shotglass of olive oil without throwing up?

JComp

Awards
Damn thats intense dude. I will just stick with the PB for bulking.

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
Drink a pint of half and half first thing in the morning and get serious about eating,i used to be your weight at two inches taller,i gained forty pounds in a year, no supplements

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Perhaps the reason you are at a stand still plateau with sufficient calories is that your training is not being switched up enough???

Travis Bickle

Awards
Test
Dbol
clomid post cycle

Cheap simple effective!