Tip for new bulkers...

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
When I sat down at 3 o'clock to eat my double cheeseburger with cheese and about half a pound of fries I didn't really feel like eating very much, so I threw in my headphones, turned them all the way up, and blared my workout playist on my ipod.

I could've eaten 2 more... I will now listen to my ipod every meal.

If you have a problem with stuffing your face 5 times a day on bulk, treat it like a workout and get in the not ****ing around mindset and just EAT. Worked for me.

Ession

Awards
Good advice dude.

Here are some tips I can contribute with.

-ALWAYS eat your protein portion of a meal before the carb portion. Just so you can load up on as many carbs as possible and you'll already have the protein in.

-Shakes are your friend! Get a blender. Mix oats/whey/eggs and other caloric dense foods and get big!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Have olive oil with everything

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I'm lucky because i LOVE eating, i ate a 10 egg farmers omelette at coney island a while back in one sitting and all the workers figured i'd be a huge fat guy :D Gonna attempt a 12 egg soon since my appetite is DWARFING how i ate back then :)
I use shakes sometimes but it's just not the same..

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
OR people can focus on insulin sensitivity and eating healthy so they dont have to lose half the mass they gained, trying to cut.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
OR people can focus on insulin sensitivity and eating healthy so they dont have to lose half the mass they gained, trying to cut.
^^
I agree. I bulked once and I will never bulk again. You really only need to eat just above maintenance calories to grow. Too much past that amount of cals and you will just get fat.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
gomad and pbj sandwiches.
I like this idea. I did it for a little while and had some good success. Now I am back to other diet's but who knows when I'll throw this one back into the daily routine.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fast food is fine if your watching the fat level so you can still hit good macros. I eat lunch from the dollar menu every day. As long as at the end of the day I got 300 g potein 400 carbs and 70-90g fat I'm good.

When I was still growing like a weed I was able to utilize massive surpluses so I would do a big shake once a day. It was
2 cups milk
1/2 cup chocolate milk
3 scoops protein
1 cup oats
2 table spoons peanut butter (non natty kind)
1 tbsp olive oil

Helped me gain lots of muscle in my first year.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree its fine, i wouldnt say it optimal tho

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
It's funny because you always hear people having "Cheat" days and just having like 1 hamburger or something haha screw that i get fast food ALL day. *While hitting macronutrients and extra protein* That's how you have a cheat day, gives my body a good break from the hard dieting + cardio and helps me completely replenish and be 100% for the next few weeks. :D

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
It's funny because you always hear people having "Cheat" days and just having like 1 hamburger or something haha screw that i get fast food ALL day. *While hitting macronutrients and extra protein* That's how you have a cheat day, gives my body a good break from the hard dieting + cardio and helps me completely replenish and be 100% for the next few weeks. :D
cheat day equals

Texas roadhous ribs and pulled pork sandwich.... WINNING