Need help fast

anthony14

Awards
im currently 14 and i weigh about 104 lb and 5 feet 5 i want to know how much i should lift and when i should lift

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im currently 14 and i weigh about 104 lb and 5 feet 5 i want to know how much i should lift and when i should lift
Starting strength is an excellent program and I would start there

Do a quick google search and the wiki page of it should come up, lots of good info there

Print out the beginner template

Join a gym and bring the starting strength program with you

Most gyms when you first join give you a free one on one session with a personal trainer. Take advantage of this!

Show him the starting strength template and ask him to show you the proper form for those lifts

Start out with just the bare until you have perfected the form of the movement and have it done pact.

After that GRADUALLY add weight add progress. Weight lifting isn't a race! There is no need to rush it to try and lift heavy, this is how you will hurt yourself

Good luck to you

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Starting strength is an excellent program and I would start there

Do a quick google search and the wiki page of it should come up, lots of good info there

Print out the beginner template

Join a gym and bring the starting strength program with you

Most gyms when you first join give you a free one on one session with a personal trainer. Take advantage of this!

Show him the starting strength template and ask him to show you the proper form for those lifts

Start out with just the bare until you have perfected the form of the movement and have it done pact.

After that GRADUALLY add weight add progress. Weight lifting isn't a race! There is no need to rush it to try and lift heavy, this is how you will hurt yourself

Good luck to you
Josh is right. Having an injury is the worst way to get bigger and stronger lol take it slow and do your research. Also, find someone who is bigger and stronger than you and work out with them. Don't try to lift the same weight or anything, but lifting with someone who's stronger can help you get stronger.

In high school, if I wanted to get better at wrestling, I wrestled someone who could whoop my a**. It would always make me better is some way or another. Same thing goes for lifting, just make sure you don't hurt yourself and figure out what works best for you after you learn a few things.

And EAT, EAT, EAT. No candy or soda or other sweets though

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
start with proper nutrition. eat as much as u can, and dont worry about fat right now. u can afford some. u can cut later.

training - i suggest the 5x5. google it and it will come up.

take creatine, multi vitamin and BCAAs

you can take a pre workout, but u dont have to.

i suggest NeoVar as your creatine. if u want a pre workout, Lit Up, IMO is your best option since u prob havent ever used one and this isnt extremely strong.

but MOST IMPORTANT, u will NOT grow unless u eat for it. if u wanna be 150, u gotta eat like it.

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
start with proper nutrition. eat as much as u can, and dont worry about fat right now. u can afford some. u can cut later.

training - i suggest the 5x5. QUOTE]

I agree 5x5 is awesome for quick size gains

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
oh boy nobody else smells a troll eh haha