A few bulking questions.

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Answers

A few bulking questions.

So my Macro is 4,000 calories and a few people told me I should eat an extra 1,000 to get good gains, but I'm finding it hard to eat 5,000 calories a day. Does anyone know how to get my legs and calfs more bigger? A few mates told me to do more Cardio but people on here said too much would kill my gains also. Any help would be appreciated.

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JonesyDaniel View Post
    So my Macro is 4,000 calories and a few people told me I should eat an extra 1,000 to get good gains, but I'm finding it hard to eat 5,000 calories a day. Does anyone know how to get my legs and calfs more bigger? A few mates told me to do more Cardio but people on here said too much would kill my gains also. Any help would be appreciated.
    Do you mean Macro or MAINTENANCE? If you want to gain mass, muscle mass, then you should be eating ABOVE Maintenance - it is generally recommended to start with 300-500 calories above Maintenance and then adjust this weekly dependent on results. Some people start off with 1,000 calories above Maintenance, yes, and I have actually done this with clients - however, how high you are going to start at is very dependent on what your training is like.

If you want bigger legs, then you need to make sure you eat enough and then use the right exercises as heavy as you can for the appropriate reps in training.

Cardio is not going to kill your gains if you are eating enough to cover your energy expenditure from it.

As I have said multiple times throughout this forum:

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to make sure you get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

I recommend having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Start a bit lower with your calories, maybe just an increase of 500. Cardio is not a hinderance on a bulk. It can actually enhance your gains by increasing nutrient delivery and waste product reduction. Now, if you do excessive cardio, you can minimize gains due to calorie expenditure. I would say a good 20 minute session after any lifting routine would be of benefit, rather than one hour of heavy cardio and delaying your post workout shake.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks Rosie and Carcaya.
  5. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks Rosie and Carcaya.
    No worries
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

from my experience bulking i think rosie has it spot on. as far as the legs part i highly recommend doing squats for upper legs and calf raises for calfs obviously. regular squats, bulgarian split squats, speed skater squats, and donkey calf raises are the shiz
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking Cycle Questions
    By SWrubel23 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 04:51 PM
  2. Questions About Bulking Routines
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 02:32 AM
  3. Questions about bulking routines
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Bulking