clean bulk ok?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
This is a sample of my clean bulking diet. I'm on a constant bulk diet and I never cut I'm focused on strength gains rather than cuts

I have no stable eating times because my work hours shift

Breakfast
Two servings CytoGainer protein. Two cups white lowfat milk. 1 Tbsp peanutbutter

Snack
Usually a protein bar, sometimes PBJ on wheat

Lunch (usually really late)
Chicken breast, and a form of complex carb. Sweet potato or brown rice

PWO
1 serving cytogainer

Dinner
Usually some kinda steak and brown rice. Occasionally ill also add chicken breast whole grain tortilla wraps

Before bed
2 servings cytogainer, 2 cups white lowfat milk

Suggestions?

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
That's no where near enough for a guy your size to clean bulk. The food looks clean, it's just not enough calories. I'm not saying add more cytogainer. Add alot more real food.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Well end result is about 5000 calories and 440 proteins

Leigh123

Awards
Hey man,

I want to know what your goal is? You are 219 and are bulking up to what? You are focused more on strength gains and not so much on cutting it up, so I ask why not be a little less than clean bulk ;) If that is the case I would say boil up some eggs and eat 6-8 with breakfast only eating two whole eagg and the rest white. I would make the cyto gainer my pre-breakfast meal and do something like the eggs, oatmeal, the milk and some wheat toast. For a snack I would do protein shake with a natty PB sandwich... this being 2-3 times throughout the day. I actually am doing about 4-5 protein drinks throughout the day now. Throw almonds in the mix somewhere. Dinner can be a steak.. extra lean ground beef.. I like to do the ground turkey from walmart, get some kidney beans.. green beans, spinach..

Like I said it is hard to tell you what to eat if I don't see your goal... I have been bulking since July. I started at 215 and am sitting at 281 today... It's been a tough rough road of constant eating, but I have my motto man!!!

EAT BIG TO GAIN BIG

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Goals: get bigger and stronger. And currently doing the DC routine

Leigh123

Awards
Ok buddy I got you there... where to you want to go as far as weight?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
As far as weight goes I don't have a set goal. I'm currently around 225 in weight maybe as a realistic goal I'd like to get to 235

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Huh! I was kind of skeptical when you said 5000 calories.....

But I added it up and it came out real close.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Yea man lol it doesn't sound like a lot when u see such little items but the shakes do the high cal. And I only do alotta shakes cuz I'm usually in a hurry

ChrisSurf

Awards
This is a sample of my clean bulking diet. I'm on a constant bulk diet and I never cut I'm focused on strength gains rather than cuts

I have no stable eating times because my work hours shift

Breakfast
Two servings CytoGainer protein. Two cups white lowfat milk. 1 Tbsp peanutbutter

Snack
Usually a protein bar, sometimes PBJ on wheat

Lunch (usually really late)
Chicken breast, and a form of complex carb. Sweet potato or brown rice

PWO
1 serving cytogainer

Dinner
Usually some kinda steak and brown rice. Occasionally ill also add chicken breast whole grain tortilla wraps

Before bed
2 servings cytogainer, 2 cups white lowfat milk

Suggestions?
Wow, I too thought no way that's 5k cals.... but it's around that lol, crazy as doesn't look like a lot. Like you said for your routine of needing something easy like the shakes, doesn't look bad to me at all. I heard from others, inc on here, that Cytogainer makes you **** like crazy though, your thoughts? lol

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
IMO you have to many protein/gainer shakes. Eat more solid food, you get a better and more natural amino profile, plus whole food is chalked full of nutrients that are lacking in protein shakes.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
IMO you have to many protein/gainer shakes. Eat more solid food, you get a better and more natural amino profile, plus whole food is chalked full of nutrients that are lacking in protein shakes.
i agree with more real food...

IME eating 5000 cals of real food (which is hard) is way different than 5000 cals of shakes/some food

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
i agree with more real food...

IME eating 5000 cals of real food (which is hard) is way different than 5000 cals of shakes/some food

Exactly. Protein shakes are good in a pinch, post workout, etc. but they pale in comparison to real food. If you want to gain good, solid, quality muscle then you need to eat more real food. Chicken, lean beef, eggs, quinoa, rice, quick oats, cottage cheese etc. all that good stuff, and all part of my dietary staples no matter what my current goals.

Also, your diet doesn't seem to posses enough carbohydrates, particularly complex carbs. I would add more complex carbs in your first 3 meals. Or are you doing some type of low-carb bulk?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I tend not to worry about carbs. And yea cytogainer does send u to the bathroom often but I take digestive enzymes so its ok I guess. Only reason I take cyto specifically is because its completely free of casein which gives me major trouble in the bathroom

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Have you thought of adding a bunch of Pecans to your diet?

A cup of them can give you an outrageous amount of calories and they are very easy to eat on the go.

Just my 2c.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I think everybody would agree that replacing a few servings of the shakes with regular or "real" food would be far better.....

But sometimes there are other factors involved like, time/$/convienence....

ya gota do what you gotta do and shakes are better than nothing.

my 0.02 anyway

gameday

Awards
hey guys, this is what my bulk diet looks like, any suggestions?

pre-bf: 2 scoops syntha 6
bf: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/2cup oatmeal(dry)
mid mourning: 2 scoops syntha 6, pb sandwich on whole wheat
lunch: 8oz chicken, 4 slices bread
w/o: gaspari size on during, MHP dark matter after
supper: 8oz steak, 1cup broccoli
before bed: 1 scoop MHP probolic sr

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, this is what my bulk diet looks like, any suggestions?

pre-bf: 2 scoops syntha 6
bf: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/2cup oatmeal(dry)
mid mourning: 2 scoops syntha 6, pb sandwich on whole wheat
lunch: 8oz chicken, 4 slices bread
w/o: gaspari size on during, MHP dark matter after
supper: 8oz steak, 1cup broccoli
before bed: 1 scoop MHP probolic sr
thats good for someone your size, but again... maybe before bed have some cottage cheese or milk, i dont like to rely on shakes, they dont seem to do it for me...

a great source of bread is eziekel bread its even got some extra protien in it (oh and jay cutler eats it..)

i would even throw another peice of chicken in there or some fish... i like to eat 8oz chicken with a sweet potatoe, then a 6-8oz peice of fish with a cup of brown rice, then a big steak with veggies and rice for dinner every night...

then once i make sure i have that all down, i make sure i have eggs and oatmeal every morning, and cottage cheese at night.... all the meals in between i use to just keep my metabolism going...

i like to put small meals in between big meals.... the only time i have a shake during the day is post workout, and if i dont have time to prepare a real meal. AND THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.