Shedding stomach fat while gaining muscle

avalenzi

Awards
I was just wondering what would be the best way/if possible to shed some stomach fat while putting on a good bit of muscle? I havent been working out as much lately due to my college classes so i lost some muscle. Ive been trying to eat clean and am currently taking gnc thermo CLA's to burn some of the stomach fat, and also taking creatine(not sure if it contradicts the fact im taking CLA's since it takes out water weight) multiv and protein to try and put on some more lean muscle. Ive gotten around 6% BF last summer and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on gaining a good amount of muscle while still losing some stomach fat (workout tips,eating tips,supplements to try, etc.)

Thanks for the Help!!!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just wondering what would be the best way/if possible to shed some stomach fat while putting on a good bit of muscle? I havent been working out as much lately due to my college classes so i lost some muscle. Ive been trying to eat clean and am currently taking gnc thermo CLA's to burn some of the stomach fat, and also taking creatine(not sure if it contradicts the fact im taking CLA's since it takes out water weight) multiv and protein to try and put on some more lean muscle. Ive gotten around 6% BF last summer and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on gaining a good amount of muscle while still losing some stomach fat (workout tips,eating tips,supplements to try, etc.)

Thanks for the Help!!!!!
If you want to recomp, then you had better make sure your NUTRITION is manipulated to perfection for YOU. No one can guarantee that you will lose bodyfat from your stomach as you gain lean mass elsewhere - your body will do what it will do, and you cannot spot reduce fat anymore when recomping as you can on a cut. In the end, all you can do is experiment and see how your body responds to different things. You might also want to use a topical when bulking, especially one aimed at cortisol control, and see how that goes.

~Rosie~

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
You cannot lose fat in spots it has to be all over, Rosie is right: and HOT! (Love the new avatar Rosie)

What's a good topical you recommend?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You cannot lose fat in spots it has to be all over, Rosie is right: and HOT! (Love the new avatar Rosie)

What's a good topical you recommend?
And even if you lose fat during your bulk (or recomp), you cannot tell your body WHERE to lose it from.

Re topicals, I recommend (in order):
* Taurus Nutrition's 7-keto DHEA
* Genomyx's Eviscerate (if you can handle the burn)
* Genomyx's Eviscerate Smolder
* LG Sciences' LipoBURN (no water retention during usage)

~Rosie~

avalenzi

Awards
Thanks Rosie, also what exactly does a topical do? Do you stack them? and im not sure if i can ask this or not but could i get them off the supplement store pages on this forum? (if you cant answer the last question thats fine). Thanks again for your time.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just ran a bottle of HGHup and lost stomach fat and gained 4 pounds so it is possible to do both. its just all about diet. i was very strict but at the same time kept my carbs and protein very high, healthy fats the same, and unhealthy fats didnt even come close to my mouth. plus a bunch of green tea and water

Kellyflan1

Kellyflan1

Awards
And even if you lose fat during your bulk (or recomp), you cannot tell your body WHERE to lose it from.

Re topicals, I recommend (in order):
* Taurus Nutrition's 7-keto DHEA
* Genomyx's Eviscerate (if you can handle the burn)
* Genomyx's Eviscerate Smolder
* LG Sciences' LipoBURN (no water retention during usage)

~Rosie~
Hey...we can't buy Taurus products yet! NO FAIR!

You must live some place warm to dress like that Rosie. :lmao

avalenzi

Awards
i just ran a bottle of HGHup and lost stomach fat and gained 4 pounds so it is possible to do both. its just all about diet. i was very strict but at the same time kept my carbs and protein very high, healthy fats the same, and unhealthy fats didnt even come close to my mouth. plus a bunch of green tea and water
Who makes HGHup? and what type of supp is that? I also drink a lot of green tea and water throughout the day. Would you mind posting your sample eating plan while on HGHup? (if not its fine)

Thanks for your help

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie, also what exactly does a topical do? Do you stack them? and im not sure if i can ask this or not but could i get them off the supplement store pages on this forum? (if you cant answer the last question thats fine). Thanks again for your time.
A topical could help minimize fat gain during muscle accretion. However, as I said before, NUTRITION is key (R1balla reiterated this) to achieving your goal and recomping. You can stack topicals yes. Yes, you can get them off NutraPlanet.

You're welcome. In saying all this, going from your queries here, sounds like you need to just look at the basic factors of nutrition and training and stick to the basic staple supplements.

Hey...we can't buy Taurus products yet! NO FAIR!

You must live some place warm to dress like that Rosie. :lmao
You will be able to soon :D

No place in the US is that warm right now - I miss my New Zealand summer!

Who makes HGHup? and what type of supp is that? I also drink a lot of green tea and water throughout the day. Would you mind posting your sample eating plan while on HGHup? (if not its fine)

Thanks for your help
HGHup is a natural Growth Hormone booster made and produced by Applied Nutriceuticals - read about the product here at NutraPlanet or on their website.

Your nutrition must be individualized specifically for YOU - there is no point following what someone else has done, because they are not you.

I recommend reading more on nutrition and training for recomping. Otherwise, pick a goal - fat loss or muscle gain, and go with that, and then do the other.

~Rosie~

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks for your help
Applied Nutriceuticals makes HGHup. My diet has been the same for a clean bulk, i just started to do abs and a bit of cardio while on HGHup.

Chicken, Rice, Pasta, Eggs, Bagels, Oats, Potatoes, Steak...etc

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
R1 .....

do you stick with brown rice only ?? or do you also use white rice ??

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
R1 .....

do you stick with brown rice only ?? or do you also use white rice ??
i do both, but prefer brown rice...when i eat a carb only meal, i will eat oatmeal with a bagel or a big plate of pasta. my rice is usually a side with my chicken or something like that

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established

nerdalert

Awards
I can't believe that noone mentioned Need2slin yet for a recomp...I have not used the others but I know that the slin works.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i just ran a bottle of HGHup and lost stomach fat and gained 4 pounds so it is possible to do both. its just all about diet.
I am going to say that it is also highly dependent on your level of development. If you're a long time dedicated and consistent lifter, then 'recomping' probably won't show improvements in a reasonable time frame. If on the other hand, you're a couch potato who has never touched a weight then recomping is quite viable.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I am going to say that it is also highly dependent on your level of development. If you're a long time dedicated and consistent lifter, then 'recomping' probably won't show improvements in a reasonable time frame. If on the other hand, you're a couch potato who has never touched a weight then recomping is quite viable.
Well said.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
This is just one of those things where you have to do your own trial and error and dial in a diet that is right for YOU. You can hand a diet to one guy - and it'll work great but, hand it to another - and it might not. There's a lot of factors that go into when and where fat is burned and you have to learn your own body.

Anyone can do a radical "crash diet" and eat nothing ... and lose a lot of fat ... and they will also lose a disheartening amount of muscle with it - no skill involved to do that. You have to find a diet that balances with your metabolism, dna, and exercise exertion levels - and even then you can't control where the fat is going to come off.

Like for me ... when I cut, my legs are the FIRST to shed the fat - they get shredded fast. Next comes my shoulders and upper body ... last (dammit) is my waist. I laugh my ass off at those "ab cruncher" commercials that say you can spot reduce fat on your stomach using their little machine - it's funny. Same goes for the thigh master and all that other snake oil being peddled out there.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of factors that go into when and where fat is burned and you have to learn your own body.
Of which you have next to no control over (eg. genetics). All you can practically manage is your calorie balance so yes, learn your own body's calorie requirements and use it to achieve your goals.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
tabatta cardio, interval training and cardio, supps that keep glucose low like pslin, recompadrol etc, a topical 7keto wouldnt be bad either. L trypophan maybe pre bed- increase seratonin than the metabolism